FFVII Revelations
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Final Fantasy VII Role-Play Forum. Two Characters Per Person.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Astraphobia [M] [Closed]

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 35 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Reno Nevada
First Class
First Class
Reno Nevada

Astraphobia [M] [Closed] - Page 31 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Astraphobia [M] [Closed]   Astraphobia [M] [Closed] - Page 31 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2012 11:43 pm

Reno gave a small nod. "Good - because I will be waiting for you when you do. No matter how long it takes."

He leant into the kiss, feeding all his love into the embrace. He stopped clinging to him so much and slipped an arm down and around his waist, the other staying around his neck, his hand cradling the back of his head.

"I wish we'd had more time together before this," he sighed softly. "I know we have a lifetime together when you're back but right now that seems so far away."
Back to top Go down
Sephiroth
Ancient / Cetra
Ancient / Cetra
Sephiroth

Title : One-Winged Angel

PostSubject: Re: Astraphobia [M] [Closed]   Astraphobia [M] [Closed] - Page 31 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 12:19 am

"I know, it will seem like forever but the reunion will make it worth it."

Sephiroth held him close to his body, fingers moving along Reno's back. He knew they had to go but he didn't want to, not yet. He wanted to remain there and pretend this wasn't real. He nuzzled against Reno's hair as he held him. "I will be back and then nothing will separate us. We'll be able to spend our lives together."

Lightly Sephiroth ran his hand through Reno's hair.
Back to top Go down
Reno Nevada
First Class
First Class
Reno Nevada

PostSubject: Re: Astraphobia [M] [Closed]   Astraphobia [M] [Closed] - Page 31 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 1:02 am

Reno smiled and kissed him softly. "Nothing like a war to bring out those promises we want to make but feel shy doing so," he teased very lightly. He knew that if that letter hadn't of come they wouldn't be vowing to forever yet, even if both knew in their hearts that they had already made that promise to themselves.

He leant into the hand running through his hair and lifted his hand to cup Seph's cheek. "Lets get everything sorted and then we have all day to be together. Otherwise we're going to keep reminding ourselves we're meant to be doing something other than this - and I'm sure the boys need you to be there right now, as much as I do. We need to be together, all of us - as a family."
Back to top Go down
Sephiroth
Ancient / Cetra
Ancient / Cetra
Sephiroth

PostSubject: Re: Astraphobia [M] [Closed]   Astraphobia [M] [Closed] - Page 31 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 1:24 am

"Yes, we need to," Sephiroth reluctantly drew away from Reno, though he would have rather stayed there, holding him in his arms for as long as he was able to. He reached down and placed a hand on Reno's. "The school, then we face the boys. The other two will have woken up by now and Kadaj would have told them. We should get moving so there's more time, though I'm sure Yazoo will be only too glad to entertain Cerys."

"We will get through this Reno."
Back to top Go down
Reno Nevada
First Class
First Class
Reno Nevada

PostSubject: Re: Astraphobia [M] [Closed]   Astraphobia [M] [Closed] - Page 31 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 1:34 am

Reno laced his fingers with Seph's. "I know we will," he agreed with a nod. "It's just a lot to take in right now. But we have the week - we'll have to enjoy it as much as we can."

He looked down at the half packed bag and looked around the room. "Jeans, pyjamas... toiletries... I won't need much more than that. If I forget anything then we can run over for it - it's not as though I don't live a few minutes down the road."

He released Seph's hand and kissed his cheek as he walked past to get the clothing items he had mentioned, packing them and then darting into the bathroom to grab the wash bag he travelled with.

"Saves time," he chuckled as he tossed it in and zipped it up. "Jess will pack anything that Cerys needs, so I don't need to worry about that... and there's nothing in the fridge that will spoil so we're all right there too."

He paused. "Socks." He opened the bag again and darted to the drawer, grabbed a couple handfuls and dropped them in the bag, zipping it shut again. "Ok, now I'm done."

He hoisted the bag over his shoulder and sidled up to Seph, kissing him softly. "We'll take my car - it's easier than walking back to pick up yours."
Back to top Go down
Sephiroth
Ancient / Cetra
Ancient / Cetra
Sephiroth

PostSubject: Re: Astraphobia [M] [Closed]   Astraphobia [M] [Closed] - Page 31 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 2:39 am

Sephiroth felt the cold loneliness as soon as Reno let go of his hand, a sudden reminder that he would be alone when the time came. When Reno left he leaned back against the wall and tried to focus on the fact that they would have a week rather than the sudden loneliness that seemed to encompass him. When Reno returned Sephiroth wrapped his arm around him again.

"Yes it will and if we head back to get mine we will be stopped by at least Kadaj wanting to talk."

Pulling away slightly Sephiroth kept his arm wrapped around Reno as he opened the door. "Do you know where the high school is or will you need directions?"
Back to top Go down
Reno Nevada
First Class
First Class
Reno Nevada

PostSubject: Re: Astraphobia [M] [Closed]   Astraphobia [M] [Closed] - Page 31 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 3:01 am

Reno quickly grabbed his cell phone and keys as they head out of the door, trying to remember if he knew where the high school was. As they stepped into the elevator he handed Seph the keys with a smile. "It might be easier if you just take the wheel - I think they tore down my old high school and moved to a new location for the new one some years back. It's hard to keep track of it all sometimes."

He let the duffel fall to the floor and leant into Seph's side with a sigh, not moving when the elevator paused and a couple of older residents stepped in, giving polite smiles before turning to face the doors again.

For the first time Reno didn't make an inappropriate comment to fluster them, keeping quiet and moving a little closer to Seph as they waited out the rest of the ride down with them.

"That's the first time they've not made a comment about us," Reno chuckled quietly when they were out of earshot, heading out of the elevator to his car. "You wouldn't think that they have five kids the way they look down on people who have sex. Honestly, I think she believes it was immaculate conception... and I think he drugged her just to get his tail away."
Back to top Go down
Sephiroth
Ancient / Cetra
Ancient / Cetra
Sephiroth

PostSubject: Re: Astraphobia [M] [Closed]   Astraphobia [M] [Closed] - Page 31 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 3:39 am

Sephiroth was rather on edge when the elderly couple entered though to his shock Reno stayed silent and so did they. No they never said anything that could be considered outright abusive but rather innapropriate. One hand was closed around the keys, the other arm wrapped tightly around Reno. The ride was silent, and right now that suited him just fine.

Thankfully they said nothing, they didn't even comment on the fact that they seemed more in contact than normal. He didn't want to explain, didn't want to hear the 'they actually let you people do that' from anyone who still believed that homosexuals shouldn't be allowed to serve in the military.

As soon as they were clear Sephiroth shook his head. "Old fashioned, don't approve of it before marriage and most certainly not between two men. Absolutely forbidden except to procreate, which is a rather mute point for us."

Sephiroth leaned down and kissed Reno briefly before he released him and took to the driver's side of the car, unlocking it.
Back to top Go down
Reno Nevada
First Class
First Class
Reno Nevada

PostSubject: Re: Astraphobia [M] [Closed]   Astraphobia [M] [Closed] - Page 31 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 3:47 am

"Oh, I don't know - we're keeping in good practice for the day when modern medicine catches up with us," Reno grinned, pulling him back into another brief kiss before letting him go. He slipped into the passenger's seat and stuffed the bag at his feet, settling back and grabbing the seat belt. It seemed odd to be getting into the "wrong side" of his own car, but it saved them time they didn't want to waste.

"At least the rest of society has recognised that a relationship like ours is not only acceptable but normal too," he said with a small smile. "Jess and Laura were one of the first couples to get married when it was legalised - it was a beautiful ceremony. It helped when we were doing the paperwork to give Laura parental responsibility - it's only fair seeing as she raises her more than I do... and thankfully the law recognises that more than two people can be legally responsible for a child, these days."

He chuckled and shook his head. "I'm rambling already... that doesn't bode well."
Back to top Go down
Sephiroth
Ancient / Cetra
Ancient / Cetra
Sephiroth

PostSubject: Re: Astraphobia [M] [Closed]   Astraphobia [M] [Closed] - Page 31 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 4:29 am

Sephiroth returned the kiss softly and then pulled his own seatbelt forward. "Do not expect it within our lifetime as long as my father and his students head Shinra's science department. They are more interested in finding a so called cure than actually helping, even if that cure would kill the average person. He believes it is just the furthering of science and that those like us aren't human and do not deserve to be treated as such."

It was rare that Sephiroth even so much as mentioned his father. One hand dropped and rested on Reno's knee as he focused on backing out of the spot before he focused on his partner.

"Reno, listen to me. We will get through this."
Back to top Go down
Reno Nevada
First Class
First Class
Reno Nevada

PostSubject: Re: Astraphobia [M] [Closed]   Astraphobia [M] [Closed] - Page 31 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 4:36 am

Reno placed his hand on Seph's. "We have four children between us - even if we could have more, we'd be crazy to do it." He lifted the hand and kissed it, knowing that him even mentioning his father meant he was riled up. "And screw what your father thinks - we not only know better, but have the law on our side. One day he'll get what he deserves, and I hope I'm there to enjoy it."

Normally he wouldn't speak ill of anyone's family, but Seph's father (like his own) didn't deserve him wasting manners and polite platitudes on him. He would apologise if it offended Seph, even if he meant every word of it.

"I know we will, I'm just... You know what I'm like. I have an irrational panic and then I can face things, it's only that panicking right now won't help anything so I'm trying not to. It's not working so well, but I'm trying."
Back to top Go down
Sephiroth
Ancient / Cetra
Ancient / Cetra
Sephiroth

PostSubject: Re: Astraphobia [M] [Closed]   Astraphobia [M] [Closed] - Page 31 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 6:03 am

Lightly Sephiroth brushed his hand over Reno's cheek and then let him take it once more as he focused his attention back to the road. "I would be fine just as long as I could figure out how to block his number. He seems to have some way to get around it."

Sephiroth turned to look towards the road, turning to take the main one further towards downtown. The school wasn't nearly as far as the Shinra building however it would be a good fifteen minute drive, not within walking distance. "You still have a week to sort that out, and with any luck this one will be short. They don't have the manpower for a long war."

As they came to a traffic light Sephiroth turned back towards Reno. "Reno, you can panic and it won't be irrational. We both know how badly this could end."
Back to top Go down
Reno Nevada
First Class
First Class
Reno Nevada

PostSubject: Re: Astraphobia [M] [Closed]   Astraphobia [M] [Closed] - Page 31 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 6:17 am

"Seph, the last thing you need is a grown man going into complete meltdown and crying on your shoulder... which is liable to happen if I let myself think about it."

He leant his head back against the headrest, still trying to block those thoughts out and already giving himself a headache from it. "Besides, nothing bad is going to happen - so it is irrational. Like your father's insisting to talk to you when he knows that he's not going to like what he hears until you miraculously turn straight. I'll have a look at your phone and see what I can do about blocking his number for you - I'm good with electronics after all. You should have mentioned it sooner."

He glanced to Seph with an apologetic smile. "Sorry, I ... let me be in complete hopeful denial for a little longer before I have to think about... that." He gave a quiet sniff and looked to the roof of the car with a sigh, trying to blink away the prick of tears as it was too late and the thoughts flooded in. "Urgh, see. One thing you haven't learnt yet - I'm really good at crying in moments I really don't want to. Angry, sad, frustrated... It used to drive my dad insane. My mum was the same though, cried at the drop of a hat. It's more acceptable in a woman though."
Back to top Go down
Sephiroth
Ancient / Cetra
Ancient / Cetra
Sephiroth

PostSubject: Re: Astraphobia [M] [Closed]   Astraphobia [M] [Closed] - Page 31 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 7:36 am

Sephiroth turned as he saw Reno's head tilt up and grasped the back of his head. He pulled him close and pressed him against his chest. "If you need to cry just do it. I will not think any less of you."

Fingers lightly stroked the red strands. He didn't want to see Reno hold anything back, he wanted to see everything, the good and the bad, and this was one of those times. It probably wasn't best to focus too much, just stopped at a red light, but he had to hold him. "Reno, we can stop for a minute if you need to."

They could stop and he could just hold him, could map every second in his memory so on dark and cold nights when the death screams surrounded him and there was enough blood to drown in he could cling onto that. To these moments when he could hold Reno in his arms and remember why he was fighting.
Back to top Go down
Reno Nevada
First Class
First Class
Reno Nevada

PostSubject: Re: Astraphobia [M] [Closed]   Astraphobia [M] [Closed] - Page 31 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 8:04 am

Reno nodded silently against his chest, another quiet sniff the only sound he was able to make while he tried to force his breathing to slow. "It'll pass but," there was another sniff, "it's not going to stop until it wants to, and I can't turn up at your sons' school with tears streaming down my face."

He was as angry with himself as he was embarrassed that it had happened. He wasn't the one going to the front line, and he wasn't the one that could be facing a horrific end... but the thought of being without Seph ripped him apart inside. The thought of being forever without him...

"There should be somewhere to pull over after the junction," he mumbled, knowing he needed to move so that it would be easier for Seph to drive, but completely locked into the position he was in. There was no order he could give his body that willed it to move.
Back to top Go down
Sephiroth
Ancient / Cetra
Ancient / Cetra
Sephiroth

PostSubject: Re: Astraphobia [M] [Closed]   Astraphobia [M] [Closed] - Page 31 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 8:52 am

Sephiroth kept his arm around Reno as a breath escaped. He shifted slightly in order to turn back towards the road in time to see the light turn back to green. He drove forward slightly and a turn was taken in order to park. Once the car was put into park Sephiroth undid the buckle and turned towards Reno, pulling him close.

"Reno, listen to me, you can cry all you need to." He needed to hold Reno, even if just for a little while. He wanted to memorize everything about him, the weight in his arms, the scent of his hair and sound of his voice. Sephiroth would continue to hold him for as long as he was allowed. If he could hold onto this moment it would be survivable, just as long as he could remember everything about Reno.

"You are the reason I will even get through this time apart."
Back to top Go down
Reno Nevada
First Class
First Class
Reno Nevada

PostSubject: Re: Astraphobia [M] [Closed]   Astraphobia [M] [Closed] - Page 31 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 9:21 am

Reno undid his seatbelt and shifted as close to Seph as the car would allow, his arms going around him and pulling them closer together.

"I'm sorry," he whispered, pulling an arm back briefly to wipe away the tears already rolling down his cheeks. "This is the last thing you need. You're coming back, I know that... but the thought that... I can't..."

He could hardly catch his breath and felt sick at the thought of losing him. "I never thought it would be this hard," he whispered. "I knew this could happen but..."

He sat up with a sniff, wiping the tears away though they were going to keep falling. "This isn't how I want you thinking of me while you're not here," he sighed, trying to wipe them away again. "I'm meant to be the one telling you everything will be fine, that the boys are going to be fine, and it won't be long until you see us. That this isn't the end of anything, just a pause and that when you're back it'll the same as it was before. Or better, not that anything needs improving on... I should be comforting and reassuring you, but here I am the one falling apart."
Back to top Go down
Sephiroth
Ancient / Cetra
Ancient / Cetra
Sephiroth

PostSubject: Re: Astraphobia [M] [Closed]   Astraphobia [M] [Closed] - Page 31 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 10:46 am

Sephiroth reached around and pulled Reno against his body. This man was what he needed, but he would have to leave him. Sephiroth dropped one hand and took Reno's, the fingers passing over the back of Reno's hand. His other hand trailed over Reno's back and then grasped the back of his head, just holding him. He wanted him to remain there in his arms forever but it didn't matter. He would have to leave, leave his sons and leave Reno. "Reno, I will be back for you. I love you."

He sniffled and Sephiroth continued to hold him in his arms.

Sephiroth caught his hand and cradled his face. He leaned forward and lips brushed briefly, only wanting to hold him. He needed this as much as he did, just as long as he could hold him and keep him in his arms.
Back to top Go down
Reno Nevada
First Class
First Class
Reno Nevada

PostSubject: Re: Astraphobia [M] [Closed]   Astraphobia [M] [Closed] - Page 31 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 6:33 pm

Reno gave a small smile and kissed him back, shifting and resting against his chest again. "I must look a right mess," he sighed. "And your shirt is now wet - sorry."

He was feeling better now that he had gotten it out of his system, even if the odd tear still fell and the dread was still gripping his heart. He couldn't help but feel foolish at breaking down as he had, but he knew he could be stronger now that it had passed.

"We should get to the school - the boys will wonder where you've gotten to before long. I don't want them thinking I've stolen you from them this week. I think there's some kind of wipes around here somewhere to sort myself out..."
Back to top Go down
Sephiroth
Ancient / Cetra
Ancient / Cetra
Sephiroth

PostSubject: Re: Astraphobia [M] [Closed]   Astraphobia [M] [Closed] - Page 31 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 8:14 pm

"It will dry," Sephiroth continued to stroke Reno's hair as he held him against his body. Even as Reno suggested they get to the school Sephiroth wasn't ready to release him yet. Finally reluctantly he did as he turned his attention back to backing up and driving. He didn't want to leave, however this was necessary. He had no choice in the matter.

Fingers gave a final brush to Reno's hair as he glanced back at him.

"I know it may be somewhat old fashioned but I will be able to receive letters on the frontline."
Back to top Go down
Reno Nevada
First Class
First Class
Reno Nevada

PostSubject: Re: Astraphobia [M] [Closed]   Astraphobia [M] [Closed] - Page 31 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 8:25 pm

Reno brushed his lips over Seph's cheek as he began to drive, settling back in his seat and doing up the belt. They would have time to curl up later - he needed to be practical for just a little while to give them more time later.

He smiled at the thought of sending letters back and forth, a nod given. "I like the sound of being old fashioned, though the others might get jealous by the sheer amount you receive," he chuckled very softly. He knew that he would be writing more often than they would be able to send them over if he was given the chance. "This way we'll never really be apart." He rest his hand on Seph's thigh, squeezing gently.
Back to top Go down
Sephiroth
Ancient / Cetra
Ancient / Cetra
Sephiroth

PostSubject: Re: Astraphobia [M] [Closed]   Astraphobia [M] [Closed] - Page 31 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 9:14 pm

Sephiroth rested his hand on Reno's as he focused on the road, periodically glancing towards him. "I'll write whenever I can," Sephiroth ran his fingers over the hand lightly, moving over it as he focused back on the road and the drive to the high school. He wanted to go home and just lie there curled up with Reno, something to remember during the long nights, but that would have to wait.

The minutes seemed to go by too quickly, pushing forward when Sephiroth would rather they drag on so he could savor Reno's company. Moving further into town the parking lot was pulled into.

"You coming in?"
Back to top Go down
Reno Nevada
First Class
First Class
Reno Nevada

PostSubject: Re: Astraphobia [M] [Closed]   Astraphobia [M] [Closed] - Page 31 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 9:21 pm

"Of course," he nodded, un-clipping the seatbelt once again. "I can step out of the office to call Jess, and then rejoin you. That way I know where I'm going instead of getting lost if I loiter outside to make the call first."

He rummaged in the outer pocket of his duffel bag for the cell phone he knew he'd placed in there, pulling out a packet of cigarettes instead and giving a quiet snort. "I guess we can always pause for one before we go in," he suggested, tapping two out and offering one to Seph.
Back to top Go down
Sephiroth
Ancient / Cetra
Ancient / Cetra
Sephiroth

PostSubject: Re: Astraphobia [M] [Closed]   Astraphobia [M] [Closed] - Page 31 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 9:44 pm

Sephiroth took one and reached into his pocket for his lighter. Fishing it out he lit the end and leaned back in the seat. He wished he could just forget about this but that wasn't an option. He had received his orders and he would be sent into battle soon enough. There was a chance he could survive but there was a just as great chance that this week would be the last he would see his lover.

He couldn't let himself think about that right now. Briefly he took a drag of the cigarette.

Sephiroth didn't want to talk about what was coming but it was hanging over their heads like a dark cloud. "Loz and Yazoo might even pass now. The on base education is quite strict."
Back to top Go down
Reno Nevada
First Class
First Class
Reno Nevada

PostSubject: Re: Astraphobia [M] [Closed]   Astraphobia [M] [Closed] - Page 31 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 9:52 pm

Reno lit the cigarette and let out a slow plume of smoke, opening the door and nudging it open so it didn't get too smoky in the car. He shuffled down in the seat slightly, a foot pressing against the dashboard.

"It'll do them good to have the structure back," he agreed. "People react differently to teaching styles - while Kadaj is quite fluid, the other two need someone to ride their asses." He paused and gave a smirk. "Well, talking in literal terms that's all backwards... but you know what I mean. In any case, the three of them are going to be so sick of me around checking on them so I can let you know that everything is fine, that if anything was wrong I'd sort it out."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Astraphobia [M] [Closed]   Astraphobia [M] [Closed] - Page 31 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Astraphobia [M] [Closed]
Page 31 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 35 ... 40  Next