FFVII Revelations
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Final Fantasy VII Role-Play Forum. Two Characters Per Person.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Astraphobia [M] [Closed]

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 28 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Sephiroth
Ancient / Cetra
Ancient / Cetra
Sephiroth

Title : One-Winged Angel

Astraphobia [M] [Closed] - Page 17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Astraphobia [M] [Closed]   Astraphobia [M] [Closed] - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2012 12:40 am

The final kiss was short as Reno pulled away from him and Sephiroth turned towards them. He was expecting the third degree, after all he had been caught by a young child and Reno's ex-wife. The small girl rushed forward and her curls bounced as she was picked up. For a moment it reminded him of when his own children were much younger. They had been a handful even then.

With that information Sephiroth gave a nod as he reached out and took the woman's hand in a firm grip. "It is good to meet you. Reno has spoken highly of you," diplomacy was required of his daily life and this was no different. When going being the liason between his own military and other governments and militaries manners could make the difference between life and death, peace and war.

"Do not worry about that. I did not plan to linger long. I have my own family to care for."

Sephiroth pulled his hand back and stepped back as he stood to the side, spine straight as long years under the thumb of a commanding officer had taught him. He may not have been on active duty an longer but some things never died. Some things would always remain the same and in this happy family he was the outsider.
Back to top Go down
Reno Nevada
First Class
First Class
Reno Nevada

PostSubject: Re: Astraphobia [M] [Closed]   Astraphobia [M] [Closed] - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2012 12:49 am

Reno couldn't help but give an amused smile at how formal he was being, but then he couldn't blame him for it either. He opened his mouth to say something but was beaten to it.

"Deep breath, I'm not going to swallow you whole," Jess laughed softly, sitting in the chair again. "Or give you the third degree - Cerys will do that for me later." On cue the little head of curls peeked around at him again. "You have children of your own?"

"I thought you just said you weren't going to interrogate him," Reno reminded her lightly, his cheeks heating up again.

"Oh, hush - he mentioned family first," she chided, clearly amused by it all.

Reno gave a quiet sigh and sat on the sofa, looking to Seph and silently indicating it might be easier if he did the same and got it over with as quickly as possible. Cerys immediately settled herself in Reno's lap, resting her head on his shoulder, peering at Sephiroth more openly now.
Back to top Go down
Sephiroth
Ancient / Cetra
Ancient / Cetra
Sephiroth

PostSubject: Re: Astraphobia [M] [Closed]   Astraphobia [M] [Closed] - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2012 1:02 am

"Yes," Sephiroth took a step back and took a seat on the couch. It was easier just to answer the questions. Obedience, order... they had been drilled into his head so often. "I have sons."

Shoulders relaxed slightly and Sephiroth crossed one leg over the other, finally aware of the fact that he had never even taken his shoes off the whole time. As he sat there he could feel Cerys' eyes on him, watching him. There wasn't really a need for any more information to be given on his children, especially what meeting them had entailed. It was difficult to face this kind of situation when he himself did not know what they were.

The only thing Sephiroth was certain of was that they were well beyond a one night stand. Well beyond, and this want to be around Reno, the intimate touches of lovers...

No, it was something far more than a simple bedding.
Back to top Go down
Reno Nevada
First Class
First Class
Reno Nevada

PostSubject: Re: Astraphobia [M] [Closed]   Astraphobia [M] [Closed] - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2012 1:21 am

Cerys slid off of Reno's lap into the gap between him and Sephiroth, her hand reaching for his hair as though she was in a trance. Reno caught her hand lightly and put it in her lap with a look that she shouldn't be doing that, to which she pouted.

"Goodness, plural," Jess chuckled, crossing her legs and leaning in a little. "It must be a nightmare sometimes. Do you still live with th-"

"And you're done," Reno said briskly, getting to his feet. "It's been lovely having you here, please leave."

Jess' jaw dropped. "Is that really..?" She pinched the bridge of her nose and got to her feet. "I'm not going to argue - but this is hardly a patch on what you put Laura through."

Reno ushered her to the door. "She was moving in and going to be around my daughter more than I am - it was the responsible thing to do."

Jess smiled and kissed him on the cheek. "Yes dear," she agreed for the sake of not arguing. "I'll pick her up tomorrow afternoon..." She looked around Reno back at Sephiroth and grinned. "You do know how to pick the gorgeous ones...."

She didn't wait for a response, slipping out of the door and shutting it behind her, leaving Reno to turn and look at the two on the sofa, where somehow Cerys had managed to get a handful of Seph's hair and put it over her head, testing to see how it looked on her.

"Cerys... Didn't I make it clear to not manhandle people you've only just met?"
Back to top Go down
Sephiroth
Ancient / Cetra
Ancient / Cetra
Sephiroth

PostSubject: Re: Astraphobia [M] [Closed]   Astraphobia [M] [Closed] - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2012 3:05 am

Thankfully for his own sanity the woman was chased out and Sephiroth nearly gave a sigh of relief. Between the child reaching for his hair (a lesson that he had taught his own sons while fairly young) and Jess' questioning of him. The be free from it was a moment of absolute freedom. He had never taken well to nagging or answering inane questions and this just continued to prove it.

No sooner had Reno left Sephiroth felt a hand pull at his hair. It was yanked and Sephiroth took a deep breath. She was a child, she didn't know any better. Had it been his child she would have been smacked across the rear for disobeying.

"Maybe it would be better if I walked home."
Back to top Go down
Reno Nevada
First Class
First Class
Reno Nevada

PostSubject: Re: Astraphobia [M] [Closed]   Astraphobia [M] [Closed] - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2012 3:19 am

Cerys pouted and let go of Sephiroth's hair, slipping from the sofa and happily trotting to her bedroom to leave them to it.

"I'm sorry," Reno sighed, slumping onto the sofa next to him. He ran his fingers through hair hair and massaged his temples. "I can grab you a few packets of cigarettes, if you like. It'll save you heading to the shops at least."

It was strange that he was dreading Seph leaving - he was worried that if he walked out the door they'd never see each other again. It was what they had planned for the night before - an evening of illicit sex, and going their separate ways... yet here they were... still.

"I'll go get them for you," Reno said after a few moments of silence, needing to quiet the nagging voice in the back of his head. He went to his bedroom and started going through his wardrobe for the boxes he had stacked.

Dark curls peeped from behind the wall and looked at Sephiroth.

"I'm sorry I messed with your hair," she called over, her voice soft. "I wish I had hair like yours, it's so pretty."
Back to top Go down
Sephiroth
Ancient / Cetra
Ancient / Cetra
Sephiroth

PostSubject: Re: Astraphobia [M] [Closed]   Astraphobia [M] [Closed] - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2012 3:41 am

Sephiroth blinked at the little girl's voice and her apology. He was not used to people toying with his hair and sons were easily taught. All that mattered to sons was if they could pull something as toddlers. Playing with it had not been a problem on the other hand. "You're hair is pretty as well."

Dealing with girls was far different than dealing with boys.

Sephiroth allowed himself to collapse against the couch and suddenly Reno couldn't get back quickly enough. He felt far more relaxed around the other man which was strange in itself. He had never been all that comfortable around other people.
Back to top Go down
Reno Nevada
First Class
First Class
Reno Nevada

PostSubject: Re: Astraphobia [M] [Closed]   Astraphobia [M] [Closed] - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2012 3:59 am

Cerys smiled and skirted forward a little. "Daddy likes you," she informed him, eventually reaching the armchair. "I can tell. He hasn't liked anyone for a long time. I don't like thinking of him being all alone so I'm glad he has you now."

Reno leant against the door frame with a small smile. Cerys didn't usually talk to anyone - it had taken her six months to talk to talk to Laura without Jess around, and longer to talk to his ex. It was nice to see her not so scared of someone she'd never met before.

"Why don't you go choose a DVD for us to watch, hmm?" He straightened up and walked into the living room, sitting on the arm of the sofa. "Then I'll cook us some dinner."

She nodded, the curls bouncing as she trotted off towards her room. She stopped and reeled around. "It was nice to meet you, Mr Sephiroth sir." She gave a small bouncing curtsey and then dashed off.

Reno chuckled and shook his head, leaning over and handing Seph two 20 packs. "If that doesn't last you a couple of days then you might think about cutting back," he grinned. "I know I've already said it but... sorry about all this. I'd invite you to join us but if I know my daughter she'll be begging me to either watch Beauty and the Beast, Lilo & Stitch or Harry Potter for the hundredth time, and I'm sure you're glad to be past that phase."
Back to top Go down
Sephiroth
Ancient / Cetra
Ancient / Cetra
Sephiroth

PostSubject: Re: Astraphobia [M] [Closed]   Astraphobia [M] [Closed] - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2012 4:17 am

The small innocent girl spoke and all Sephiroth could do was stare. Reno liked him? No, the child must be mistaken. They were barely aquantices, maybe friends as he had told him that he wanted to know him better, but anything more than that? He couldn't tell the girl that it was not like that, that there was nothing between them. Despite everything that had happened and the touches they had shared Sephiroth was certain it was nothing more.

The girl was gone and Sephiroth looked up, still at a bit of a loss as Reno came over. "Thank you," he finally said as he reached over for the packs. "This will more than last. It's just been a bad day... usually I'm not that bad."

One hand reached up and fingers lightly caressed Reno's cheek. "For me it was more a 'they pretended to watch for a little while and then started beating each other up'."
Back to top Go down
Reno Nevada
First Class
First Class
Reno Nevada

PostSubject: Re: Astraphobia [M] [Closed]   Astraphobia [M] [Closed] - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2012 4:26 am

Reno chuckled and shifted to sit on the sofa, turning and kissing Seph's hand lightly. "Good point - boys, and more than one. Well, if you ever have the urge to watch kids movies and need a good excuse... I have one in the other room."

As he said it Cerys bounced into the room and thrust a DVD in Reno's face. He blinked a few times and moved it further away so he could read it. "Or in this room it seems," he sighed softly. "Lilo and Stitch huh? Alright... How about we make it a pyjama party? Go get changed and drag the bedding in - we'll make a fort - sorry, castle - and eat popcorn and tell your mum it was sweetcorn."

Cerys grinned and kissed him on the cheek, dropping the DVD on the sofa and darting off again.

"That might buy us all of three minutes," he snorted softly. "Then she'll come in and demand to know why we're not in pyjamas too." He gave a flickering smile. "You're welcome to stay but I have a feeling you're going to make an escape before she decides to sit in your lap."
Back to top Go down
Sephiroth
Ancient / Cetra
Ancient / Cetra
Sephiroth

PostSubject: Re: Astraphobia [M] [Closed]   Astraphobia [M] [Closed] - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2012 5:31 am

"I'm afraid so. Have to make sure Kadaj hasn't killed Yazoo because of his helpfulness," a sigh escaped and lightly Sephiroth rested a hand around his waist and pressed a brief kiss against his lips. "I'll let you make it up to me."

Sephiroth was still reluctant to leave him but he knew he had to or risk being conscripted into a pajama party. Slowly he released Reno and stood, cigarette packs in hand. "We should plan for another meeting."
Back to top Go down
Reno Nevada
First Class
First Class
Reno Nevada

PostSubject: Re: Astraphobia [M] [Closed]   Astraphobia [M] [Closed] - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2012 5:45 am

Reno stood with a nod, heading for the door like a polite host. He unlocked it (safety feature) and opened it, leaning against the edge and looking back to Seph with a small smile. "I'd like that," he replied. "You still have my number right?"

It bothered him that he hated that Seph was leaving, and it bothered him that he couldn't say it because it would likely scare him off. Instead he was holding the door open for him and looking like he was trying to be rid of him faster.

It made even less sense in his own mind than it probably did to anyone else looking on.
Back to top Go down
Sephiroth
Ancient / Cetra
Ancient / Cetra
Sephiroth

PostSubject: Re: Astraphobia [M] [Closed]   Astraphobia [M] [Closed] - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2012 5:57 am

"Yes, I do," Sephiroth nodded towards him as he stepped towards the door.

The reluctance to leave was still there in the forefront of his mind but Sephiroth knew he had to go. There were things that had to be done and Cerys being there was as good an excuse as any for him to leave. Slowly Sephiroth turned slightly away from him. "You enjoy your time with your daughter Reno. Thank you for everything, but I should go now."

It was easier that way, just retreating. Sephiroth turned away and forced his feet to move. He needed to return home and forget about this. He would leave it to Reno to explain to Cerys that he was no one's 'other daddy' and that he wasn't what she wanted, someone to be with Reno. Life was too complicated for foolish things like falling in love. Besides Sephiroth had given up on that hope in himself a long time ago.

Love was for people that had the time and not a trio of sons that belonged in the nearest insane asylum.
Back to top Go down
Reno Nevada
First Class
First Class
Reno Nevada

PostSubject: Re: Astraphobia [M] [Closed]   Astraphobia [M] [Closed] - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2012 6:07 am

Reno went to follow him, paused and leant back into the apartment and grabbed his keys so he didn't get locked out.

"Wait!"

He darted over and pulled Seph back and into a kiss. "I can't explain it, so I'm not even going to try but... I like you. A lot. I don't care that your kids could possibly be psychotic, or that all three would find reasons to lynch me... I just... Shit, it wouldn't be worth it if it was going to be easy so..."

He opened his mouth to continue but he wasn't sure where to. "Come over tomorrow night? If I haven't completely freaked you out now... and even if I have, come over anyway."
Back to top Go down
Sephiroth
Ancient / Cetra
Ancient / Cetra
Sephiroth

PostSubject: Re: Astraphobia [M] [Closed]   Astraphobia [M] [Closed] - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2012 6:20 am

Sephiroth had barely managed to turn back towards Reno's yell when he felt the hand grab him however he did not have enough time to react as the lips pressed against his own. They moved against his own, the kiss that had become so familiar and yet so pleasant and an arm wrapped around Reno's waist. Reno was rambling but strangely he didn't want to shut him up, rather allowed him to continue, somewhat take aback by the words that were escaping.

Reno liked him? A lot? It confused him that he could say it so quickly, however Sephiroth knew it was the truth, the reluctance to leave him. As Reno continued on Sephiroth leaned forward and pressed the brief kiss to his lips.

"I'll come Reno."

For the first time in years he felt like he had actually made the right choice.
Back to top Go down
Reno Nevada
First Class
First Class
Reno Nevada

PostSubject: Re: Astraphobia [M] [Closed]   Astraphobia [M] [Closed] - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2012 6:37 am

It felt like a weight lifted from him, knowing that Seph would be back. He kissed back with a content sigh. "I guess I should probably stop gripping on to you then," he chuckled, releasing his hold a little. "If it makes it easier to get away tomorrow, there's a football game on at 7... if you need the excuse."

He gently stroked Seph's hair from his face, cupping his cheek lightly. "Ok, letting go now.... if I keep saying it, I might actually do it..." He leant in and kissed him softly before pulling away completely. "I should go back before she sets something on fire... sadly, that has happened before...."

He grinned and went back to the door, sliding in the key and unlocking it. "I'll see you tomorrow, then."
Back to top Go down
Sephiroth
Ancient / Cetra
Ancient / Cetra
Sephiroth

PostSubject: Re: Astraphobia [M] [Closed]   Astraphobia [M] [Closed] - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2012 8:17 am

"I will find some excuse. I'm sure Kadaj would support it and even distract the other two if I said I was spending the evening with you. He seems under the impression that I need friends and that you seem to fit."

The gentle kiss was returned as Sephiroth reluctantly moved his arm away in order to allow Reno to move fully away. If he hadn't Sephiroth knew that he would not stop touching and kissing him. Or at least not until said child set something on fire if it had indeed happen before. "Go Reno, I will be there."

He took a step back towards the elevator though his body felt heavy. He didn't want to leave, no, he wanted to hurry over and wrap his arms back around him. But no, it wasn't possible. Cerys needed Reno and his own sons needed him. Sephiroth gave a nod in response. "I will see you then," Sephiroth said as he turned back towards the elevator. Once inside Sephiroth allowed his body to collapse against the wall of the elevator.

What was he thinking, seeing him again? He couldn't get to this, not with his family. He would be sentencing Reno to torture, but it didn't matter. He wanted to be with him and that was all that mattered.
Back to top Go down
Reno Nevada
First Class
First Class
Reno Nevada

PostSubject: Re: Astraphobia [M] [Closed]   Astraphobia [M] [Closed] - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2012 9:16 am

Reno waited until the elevator doors closed, going back into the apartment and locking the door behind him, leaning against it with a quiet sigh and unable not to smile. He was glad that he'd followed his gut and arranged to see him again - the thought of it being their last meeting had sent a real dread through him that almost muted him.

Cerys peeked over the sofa at him amid a tall pile of pillows and duvet, grinning back at him.

"You call that a castle?" He exclaimed in feigned horror. "Dahling, what were you thinking?"

He dashed over and vaulted over the sofa, pulling her into his arms and holding her close, kissing the top of her head as she giggled. For now he would be Daddy and would cook her dinner, curl up in their castle/fort and watch movies until she was tired enough to be carried to bed.

Tomorrow, when she was home with her mother, he would worry about whether Seph would actually turn up. That was a worry for later, not for now. Now his daughter needed all his attention.

"Now, butter or salted?"
Back to top Go down
Sephiroth
Ancient / Cetra
Ancient / Cetra
Sephiroth

PostSubject: Re: Astraphobia [M] [Closed]   Astraphobia [M] [Closed] - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2012 9:27 am

It seemed that apart from Reno the exhaustion finally took hold. Sephiroth had managed the walk home without incident but stepping into the house he collapsed into a chair at the kitchen table and dropped the two packs. One was picked up and the wrap was peeled off until he could finally reach the cigarettes. He grabbed one and lit the end before leaning back, eyes shut.

The next evening could not come soon enough. It was an unusual feeling and something Sephiroth was most certainly not used to but he didn't mind it all. It strangely felt good and even better that it didn't seem that anything was broken in the kitchen at least.

Slowly Sephiroth took a drag from the cigarette.
Back to top Go down
Kadaj
Third Class
Third Class
Kadaj

PostSubject: Re: Astraphobia [M] [Closed]   Astraphobia [M] [Closed] - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2012 9:54 am

"You were gone a while."

Kadaj looking in from the hallway, hobbling into the room. Sleep hadn't done him any favours and he woke up feeling worse than when he went to bed. He raised an eyebrow at the two packets of a brand he usually wouldn't pick up.

"Did they run out of your usual brand?"
Back to top Go down
Sephiroth
Ancient / Cetra
Ancient / Cetra
Sephiroth

PostSubject: Re: Astraphobia [M] [Closed]   Astraphobia [M] [Closed] - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2012 10:10 am

Sephiroth's mind was running in an instant as soon as the words came from Kadaj's lips. It was late and he had not expecting any of his sons to notice such details as what brand he smoked. Unfortunately it seemed Kadaj paid enough attention. "Yes they did," he turned back towards Kadaj.

"I was with Reno. You were the one that had told me it was a good idea to spend time with friends."

He had managed to dodge that bullet, or so he hoped. Kadaj was just too bright for his own good.
Back to top Go down
Kadaj
Third Class
Third Class
Kadaj

PostSubject: Re: Astraphobia [M] [Closed]   Astraphobia [M] [Closed] - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2012 10:43 am

Kadaj watched him carefully before giving a small nod. "Fair enough," he conceded, perching on one of the armchairs. "It was just that your note made it sound like you'd be five minutes and... well, it's been considerably longer."

He wasn't going to voice that a small part of his mind had wondered if his father had finally given up on the three of them and disappeared, that the note was the last thing they would hear from him. He certainly wasn't going to admit that he had attempted getting dressed to check with the store down the road that he'd even gone there in the first place... though it didn't happen as he still couldn't lift his arms sufficiently.

"Yaz said he'd order the pizza in an hour or so - he's in the shower I think? I'm not sure where Loz is... But Yaz didn't seem skittish or concerned about my asking like he usually would be so." He gave a very small shrug. "I'm sure he'll be back before the food is here."
Back to top Go down
Sephiroth
Ancient / Cetra
Ancient / Cetra
Sephiroth

PostSubject: Re: Astraphobia [M] [Closed]   Astraphobia [M] [Closed] - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2012 8:49 pm

"If you were that worried you could have called."

Not that he would have answered it though, especially with the actions during that day. No different than earlier he was already missing Reno's presence and that aggravated him. It was like shortly after the triplets were born, leaving them in the care of sitters for the first time while he worked. It had been when he was on active duty and they had been forced to stay in the daycare on base. It had not been the best predicament but fortunately by the time they first entered their teens he was off active duty and finally they could be settled into a decent home rather than moving from base to base.

"Knowing Loz he'll come running as soon as the food gets here," Sephiroth stretched slightly as he took another draw from his cigarette. "I won't be home tomorrow night. Reno is insisting that I go out with him."

Well it was true, Reno had asked him and he had not had much of a choice in the matter with all his rambling.
Back to top Go down
Kadaj
Third Class
Third Class
Kadaj

PostSubject: Re: Astraphobia [M] [Closed]   Astraphobia [M] [Closed] - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2012 9:46 pm

"Dad, you're forgetting I'm a fast learner - calling you don't seem to always work."

The several hours in hospital had taught Kadaj that, and it was clear that perhaps he was a little bitter over it - not that it would last, he was never angry with his father for long.

He scratched the back of his neck lightly and stifled another yawn. "No problem, I guess," he shrugged slightly. "I think things will be ok here for a few more days, so take full advantage."

He leant back in the chair a little and looked over at Seph. "It's a shame he's probably straight... he's cute in a messy way."
Back to top Go down
Sephiroth
Ancient / Cetra
Ancient / Cetra
Sephiroth

PostSubject: Re: Astraphobia [M] [Closed]   Astraphobia [M] [Closed] - Page 17 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2012 1:30 am

"You are the one that suggested I spend more time with friends. You should be glad Kadaj. The last thing you boys want is your old man having no one and needing to spend time with you, I'm sure."

Sephiroth took another long draw from his cigarette. It would be useless to apologize to him, especially since he had been the one to turn the sound off in order to not be disturbed. Slowly a hint of a smile appeared as Sephiroth turned back.

"Kadaj... if I didn't know any better I would think you were trying to set me up."

Last edited by Sephiroth on Thu Jul 05, 2012 2:43 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Astraphobia [M] [Closed]   Astraphobia [M] [Closed] - Page 17 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Astraphobia [M] [Closed]
Page 17 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 28 ... 40  Next