FFVII Revelations
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Final Fantasy VII Role-Play Forum. Two Characters Per Person.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Astraphobia [M] [Closed]

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Sephiroth
Ancient / Cetra
Ancient / Cetra
Sephiroth

Title : One-Winged Angel

Astraphobia [M] [Closed] - Page 30 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Astraphobia [M] [Closed]   Astraphobia [M] [Closed] - Page 30 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2012 10:19 pm

There was a sudden moment of relief as Reno picked up the phone. He knew Reno had probably gotten in late but this couldn't wait. He had to know. Reno continued to talk however it made things better. He had to think about what was coming less. Just as long as Reno was talking. And then he asked.

A sigh slowly escaped. "There's something we need to talk about. I'll be there in ten."

Sephiroth paused as he waited for a moment and waited for whatever Reno would say. This absolutely could not wait, though it might be good for Reno to spend the evening over and Yazoo was fond of Cerys. Something that had taken him by surprise.
Back to top Go down
Reno Nevada
First Class
First Class
Reno Nevada

PostSubject: Re: Astraphobia [M] [Closed]   Astraphobia [M] [Closed] - Page 30 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2012 10:31 pm

Reno slowly licked his lips as he tried to not think about what that could. "I'll leave the front door open for you," he replied softly, even though he knew that Seph had a key for both the elevator and the front door. "I'll make us some coffee and see if there's anything worth eating left in the fridge."

He ran his fingers through his hair with a soft sigh. "Get that perfect behind here, then."

He went to say 'I love you' and stopped. It was something he'd wanted to say for a while but it wasn't the right time - and certainly not something to say for the first time over the phone.

"I'll see you in ten," he settled on.
Back to top Go down
Sephiroth
Ancient / Cetra
Ancient / Cetra
Sephiroth

PostSubject: Re: Astraphobia [M] [Closed]   Astraphobia [M] [Closed] - Page 30 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2012 11:07 pm

Sephiroth wished he could say it would be alright, that nothing would be wrong, but he couldn't. He couldn't lie like that. "I'll see you soon," Sephiroth said as he hung up and walked towards the apartment. It took too long in his mind. When he finally arrived Sephiroth sighed and took the elevator up. This felt almost as hard as when they had been preparing to tell Kadaj.

A soft sigh escaped as he leaned back against the back of the elevator and counted the floors.

It was taking too long.
Back to top Go down
Reno Nevada
First Class
First Class
Reno Nevada

PostSubject: Re: Astraphobia [M] [Closed]   Astraphobia [M] [Closed] - Page 30 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2012 11:36 pm

It didn't take long for Reno to make himself close to presentable - even though he could have greeted him dishevelled and in his pyjama pants he had a feeling it wouldn't be appropriate. It niggled at him as he pulled on a pair of jeans and a t-shirt and padded to the kitchen to make coffee and rummage around for something to eat, finding some slightly stale croissants still in the cupboard that they could dip in the coffee and claim to be going continental.

Ten minutes seemed to stretch on for a lifetime as he waited for Seph to arrive, looking up as the buzzer pinged to let him know that someone was on their way up to his floor. He willed himself not to wait at the door but found himself hovering near it in any case.
Back to top Go down
Sephiroth
Ancient / Cetra
Ancient / Cetra
Sephiroth

PostSubject: Re: Astraphobia [M] [Closed]   Astraphobia [M] [Closed] - Page 30 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2012 12:23 am

When finally the elevator arrived Sephiroth stepped out and opened the door. He moved forward and took no time to wrap his arms around Reno's body. He pulled him close and a breath escaped as he nuzzled into the red hair. Even if Reno hadn't been gone long it was long enough, and suddenly it felt even longer.

Lightly he kissed the top of his head and nuzzled into his hair, reluctant to step back. Not after what was going to happen.

It didn't matter if he was presentable or not, just as long as he got to hold him.
Back to top Go down
Reno Nevada
First Class
First Class
Reno Nevada

PostSubject: Re: Astraphobia [M] [Closed]   Astraphobia [M] [Closed] - Page 30 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2012 1:02 am

Reno pulled him close, baffled by his actions as they were not very like him at all. He gently stroked his hair and pressed a kiss to his head.

"What's wrong?" He questioned worriedly. "Are the boys okay? Are you okay?"

Even if things had been painful and difficult with two of the three sons, Reno cared for them nonetheless. If something had happened to any of them he wanted to know how he could help, how to make things better.
Back to top Go down
Sephiroth
Ancient / Cetra
Ancient / Cetra
Sephiroth

PostSubject: Re: Astraphobia [M] [Closed]   Astraphobia [M] [Closed] - Page 30 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2012 1:28 am

Sephiroth pulled back reluctantly from Reno and pulled out the envelope. "This came today, personally delivered," Sephiroth said as he held it out to Reno. It would be easier that way, especially since he knew he would struggle with the words to tell him. The arm was wrapped around him, holding him close as a breath escaped.

He didn't want to let Reno go and he wanted time to stop.

If it did maybe he wouldn't have to face this, being apart from him for so long.
Back to top Go down
Reno Nevada
First Class
First Class
Reno Nevada

PostSubject: Re: Astraphobia [M] [Closed]   Astraphobia [M] [Closed] - Page 30 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2012 1:38 am

Reno didn't need to open it to know what the letter was, his heart almost stopping as he forced himself to take and open it.

"Effective immediately," he murmured softly, needing to hear it aloud to try and make the words make more sense to him, even if he fully understood what it meant. "Oh gods..."

His eyes slipped closed and he took a deep breath - this was the worst case scenario they had avoided thinking about for two months. Slowly he opened his eyes and folded the letter back into the envelope before slipping his arms around Seph's neck and kissing him softly.

"The base isn't too far away," he murmured, resting his forehead against Seph's, trying to find a silver lining. "I can make sure the kids are all right, distract Yazoo by making him look after Cerys... I'll keep them as distracted as much as possible..."

He pulled Seph closer, not wanting to let him go. "We'll all get through this," he vowed. "All of us," he repeated, meaning Seph as much as himself. He was going to be there, and he would wait. Not even a war was going to keep them apart.
Back to top Go down
Sephiroth
Ancient / Cetra
Ancient / Cetra
Sephiroth

PostSubject: Re: Astraphobia [M] [Closed]   Astraphobia [M] [Closed] - Page 30 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2012 1:56 am

Sephiroth knew that it was bad, and dumping this on Reno like this wasn't fair but he had to know, had to know what was coming. The arms wrapped around Reno as he pulled him close, still trying to deal with this. The kiss was short and Sephiroth rested against him. "We'll be leaving within the week. There's still transfer work from the school and we need to store what we can. I don't even know what to do about the house, I can't pay all the taxes while I'm gone and that could be years but there's no time to sell."

Sephiroth reached up and stroked Reno's hair as he pressed close, never a protest at the pull. Sephiroth kissed Reno's forehead and stroked at his hair, not ready to let him go. It would be over too soon. The time until everything was packed would move by too quickly.

"They'll be upset. Only Kadaj was awake when it came. Yazoo would probably like it if Cerys came over tonight. He might be able to forget about this for even one night."

Sephiroth rested his cheek against Reno's hair as he clung to him tightly. He was getting older, his time should have been served, but it wasn't.
Back to top Go down
Reno Nevada
First Class
First Class
Reno Nevada

PostSubject: Re: Astraphobia [M] [Closed]   Astraphobia [M] [Closed] - Page 30 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2012 2:04 am

Years.

The words hit him like punch to the stomach, his breath completely taken from him as he tried to keep himself calm and remember that this was not, and did not need to be, the end of the world.

"Rent it out," he suggested when he managed a shuddering breath. "Clear out what you want to keep, put it in storage, and leave the rest to me. Renting it out as a fully furnished 4 bedroom house will be easy if you want to look at covering just the taxes and maybe a touch extra. You'll be able to stay on base when you're relieved of duty, so we can put a clause in the rental agreement that they'll be given say... a month's notice. It's fairly common around here, so many military families..."

He knew that if he gripped Seph any tighter he was liable to hurt him but he needed him close, needed to hold him. "I'll let Jess know I'll take her today whether she goes out or not... She might insist on sleeping between us again though... she'll know something is up and want to stick close."

It was getting harder and harder to keep calm about the situation. "This just isn't fair," he muttered, letting a minute fraction of the frustration out.
Back to top Go down
Sephiroth
Ancient / Cetra
Ancient / Cetra
Sephiroth

PostSubject: Re: Astraphobia [M] [Closed]   Astraphobia [M] [Closed] - Page 30 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2012 3:33 am

Sephiroth held Reno against his chest. He knew how hard it had to be for him to listen to this, to know he would leave and that there was nothing either of them could do about it. Kisses were pressed to the top of Reno's head as he held him close. "Are you sure you'll be fine with dealing with this Reno?"

He didn't want his partner to suffer, didn't want him to have to deal with this but now there was no choice. "Reno, I swear to you that I will never let them keep us apart. No matter what I will find some way to return."

He could only hold him and try to assure him even if he didn't feel it himself. "Yazoo will appreciate that and I can survive that. At least she doesn't kick. Loz always did that."

Fingers combed through Reno's hair as he held him. He didn't want the day to end or the next ones to come. He just wanted to hold Reno in his arms. "Stay with me until we leave."
Back to top Go down
Reno Nevada
First Class
First Class
Reno Nevada

PostSubject: Re: Astraphobia [M] [Closed]   Astraphobia [M] [Closed] - Page 30 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2012 3:48 am

Reno chuckled very, very softly and looked up, kissing him tenderly. "I wouldn't offer if I didn't mean to help," he reassured him, stroking his cheek. "If you and the boys sort what you want to go with you, and what to leave in the house, then I will pack the rest after you've moved to base and I will make sure it's in a secure storage facility."

His hand moved up and ran through Seph's hair, drinking in every inch of him and re-committing it all to memory. "They won't be able to keep us apart even if they try. If they won't accept me there on a personal basis then I will just have to be there on a professional basis - but they have no reason to keep us apart, Seph. That's the one good thing about our military - no one gives a crap what who you're in a relationship with as long as it doesn't interfere with the job."

He smiled at the thought of Seph being unable to sleep because one of his sons twitched in his sleep. "Thank goodness she doesn't, otherwise she'd be banned from sharing," he chuckled, gripping on to the humour of the situation. He turned serious at Seph's plea and kissed him again. "I've already made the plan to tell work they can go stuff themselves for the next week. I have vacation time, they're just going to have to get over it. I'm not leaving you to handle this alone."
Back to top Go down
Sephiroth
Ancient / Cetra
Ancient / Cetra
Sephiroth

PostSubject: Re: Astraphobia [M] [Closed]   Astraphobia [M] [Closed] - Page 30 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2012 4:10 am

Sephiroth held him and fingers moved over Reno's back. Sephiroth kissed him back, lips brushing back over Reno's. He would take advantage of this moment that he had. "We'll be fine Reno," he murmured as he nuzzled at his neck. Lightly he kissed the warm skin. He took a step back and pulled Reno with him. "I need to fill out some paperwork at the school, but I want to spend every second with you."

He nuzzled against the skin once again and kissed it. He had limited amount of time so he would take advantage of what he had.

"Reno... I'm going to miss you so much but it will be worth it once it's over and we're at peace."
Back to top Go down
Reno Nevada
First Class
First Class
Reno Nevada

PostSubject: Re: Astraphobia [M] [Closed]   Astraphobia [M] [Closed] - Page 30 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2012 4:19 am

"While you're at the school I can pack some clean clothes, some of Cerys' stuff and pick her up. That way we don't cut into our time together. I doubt you want me tagging along when you fix things with the high school."

He rest his head on Seph's with a soft sigh. "I know we'll be fine, but... The thought of not having you here... It's a small price for peace, but I don't..." He sighed again. "I'm losing the ability to think," he chuckled sadly. "I'm going to miss you too... so much... But I'll be there when you get back - I promise you that. I will seriously wrestle your kids to welcome you back first. Though with it being three on one they might just win that fight."
Back to top Go down
Sephiroth
Ancient / Cetra
Ancient / Cetra
Sephiroth

PostSubject: Re: Astraphobia [M] [Closed]   Astraphobia [M] [Closed] - Page 30 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2012 4:54 am

Despite a need to deal with the school Sephiroth didn't move. He just held Reno in his arms, refusing to release him. Lightly he kissed Reno and nuzzled against him. Sephiroth pressed close, his fingers trailing over Reno's back. "Just be there waiting when I get back. I could never want anything else," it was a sad time, especially now that he knew he had to leave.

Rather than let go Sephiroth just held him against his chest.

"Reno," he leaned in and kissed him briefly.
Back to top Go down
Reno Nevada
First Class
First Class
Reno Nevada

PostSubject: Re: Astraphobia [M] [Closed]   Astraphobia [M] [Closed] - Page 30 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2012 5:08 am

Reno pulled him back into the kiss, needing it more than he ever thought was possible. He knew that even though they both needed to do things there was no way either of them were going to let the other out of their sight for longer than needed.

"How about you help me pack, I'll call Jess while you're sorting the paperwork and then we both go and pick Cerys up?" He suggested as he broke the kiss. "I don't think you can walk out that door right now... and I don't think I could handle watching you leave. Not yet."
Back to top Go down
Sephiroth
Ancient / Cetra
Ancient / Cetra
Sephiroth

PostSubject: Re: Astraphobia [M] [Closed]   Astraphobia [M] [Closed] - Page 30 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2012 6:15 am

Sephiroth returned the kiss, each touch like oxygen even more so than usual. Fingers combed through Reno's hair as he nodded. "Alight, then we focus on everything else."

Though Reno was right. He would probably shatter if he walked back out of that apartment and he couldn't handle watching Reno watch him. The fingers combed through his hair as he slowly released him though didn't bother taking so much as a step away. He couldn't, not yet. There would be a time that he would have to say his goodbyes but now wasn't it.

"Shall we start? There's a lot to do today still."
Back to top Go down
Reno Nevada
First Class
First Class
Reno Nevada

PostSubject: Re: Astraphobia [M] [Closed]   Astraphobia [M] [Closed] - Page 30 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2012 6:28 am

Reno nodded and lightly kissed the tip of Seph's nose, his hand trailing down and snagging on his partner's as he pried himself further away from him. "I won't need too much - I'm used to travelling light. Besides, I've probably managed to leave half of what I'd need at your place so it'll still be there."

He guided Seph to the bedroom and went to the wardrobe, grabbing a decent sized duffel bag and looking around the room, his mind blank at where to begin. "Erm... boxers, I guess. It'll save space and washing if I wear underwear for once and then can wear my jeans for a couple of days instead of just once..."

He lifted Seph's hand to his lips before slowly letting go. "If I get that, then you can grab some shirts and t-shirts - they're over there." He pointed to the wardrobe and the dresser next to it. "Three of each, any will do - I'll let you choose." He gave a flicker of a smirk as he brushed past him to grab the boxer briefs from the long neglected drawer. "Underwear is all black, so there's no fun for you in that drawer."
Back to top Go down
Sephiroth
Ancient / Cetra
Ancient / Cetra
Sephiroth

PostSubject: Re: Astraphobia [M] [Closed]   Astraphobia [M] [Closed] - Page 30 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2012 9:40 pm

Fingers brushed against Reno's cheek, stroking his skin lightly and then Sephiroth reluctantly pulled away from him. Fingers passed over the skin before he turned away to gather the shirts that would be needed. There wouldn't be much time, and their time together would be limited but he needed to take advantage of what they did have. With the shirts gathered he placed them in the duffel.

Sephiroth moved behind Reno and wrapped an arm around his waist.

Lightly he nuzzled against his hair. He pressed a light kiss to his hair as he held him close.
Back to top Go down
Reno Nevada
First Class
First Class
Reno Nevada

PostSubject: Re: Astraphobia [M] [Closed]   Astraphobia [M] [Closed] - Page 30 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2012 10:16 pm

Reno grabbed the underwear and crammed it into a corner of the duffel bag, moving out of the way for Seph to place the shirts in too. When the arm went around his waist he leant back into him, his own arm resting over the top and taking his hand.

"I love you, you know that right?" He said softly, pulling Seph's other arm around him. It had come out before he could consider that it wasn't the best moment to be saying it... but he needed to say it. Before...

"Don't worry, you don't have to say it back. I just... can't not say it any more."
Back to top Go down
Sephiroth
Ancient / Cetra
Ancient / Cetra
Sephiroth

PostSubject: Re: Astraphobia [M] [Closed]   Astraphobia [M] [Closed] - Page 30 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2012 10:38 pm

Those words shocked Sephiroth for a moment and then wrapped the other tight around Reno. "Now I do,," Sephiroth leaned forward and kissed Reno briefly. Lips brushed together once again as the kiss was repeated and the lips claimed again and again. He didn't want to leave, just keep touching him.

"I think I may love you too."

Sephiroth pressed firmly against his back, holding him close.
Back to top Go down
Reno Nevada
First Class
First Class
Reno Nevada

PostSubject: Re: Astraphobia [M] [Closed]   Astraphobia [M] [Closed] - Page 30 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2012 10:49 pm

Reno kissed back every time and smiled when the kisses ceased, contented to have said his piece and receiving it back (albeit with an 'I think' but that was good enough for him).

"We're not going to get anything done, are we?" He chuckled softly, not wanting to move from Seph's embrace. "I want to stay like this forever, forget the world..." He sighed and pulled Seph even closer. "I really don't want to you to go... but I know you have no choice."
Back to top Go down
Sephiroth
Ancient / Cetra
Ancient / Cetra
Sephiroth

PostSubject: Re: Astraphobia [M] [Closed]   Astraphobia [M] [Closed] - Page 30 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2012 11:10 pm

"No we aren't," Sephiroth nuzzled lightly against the red hair as he held Reno close. He held him in his arms, reluctant to let go. Once he started talking with the school it would all seem too real. He would realize he was going to war again and leave. His sons, Reno, he would have to leave them. Sephiroth released him as he took a step back and held one hand out to Reno.

"No, I don't have a choice and I will miss you."
Back to top Go down
Reno Nevada
First Class
First Class
Reno Nevada

PostSubject: Re: Astraphobia [M] [Closed]   Astraphobia [M] [Closed] - Page 30 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2012 11:17 pm

"I'm going to miss you too."

He bypassed the hand and wrapped his arms around Seph's neck, kissing him hard as he tried to block out the increasingly awful mental images that were starting to flood him. He knew what could happen, and it was that which scared him more than being without him for a few months.

"Promise me you're coming back," he murmured against his lips. He knew it was a promise that Seph couldn't make but he needed to hear it.
Back to top Go down
Sephiroth
Ancient / Cetra
Ancient / Cetra
Sephiroth

PostSubject: Re: Astraphobia [M] [Closed]   Astraphobia [M] [Closed] - Page 30 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2012 11:30 pm

Sephiroth wrapped his arms around Reno as he pulled him close. The kiss was returned, fingers trailed lightly over Reno's back. "I'm coming back."

It was whispered back against Reno's lips, even if he knew he might not be able to keep it. He had to give it though, for himself as much as Reno. There was that fear that he would step onto that battlefield and that last look would be the last time he would see him. His fears long ago of being left while away had disappeared several months ago, before they even told Kadaj.

This was serious and he couldn't imagine life without Reno now. He never wanted to be without him.

Sephiroth softly returned the kiss.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Astraphobia [M] [Closed]   Astraphobia [M] [Closed] - Page 30 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Astraphobia [M] [Closed]
Page 30 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next