FFVII Revelations
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Final Fantasy VII Role-Play Forum. Two Characters Per Person.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Astraphobia [M] [Closed]

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 32 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Sephiroth
Ancient / Cetra
Ancient / Cetra
Sephiroth

Title : One-Winged Angel

Astraphobia [M] [Closed] - Page 25 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Astraphobia [M] [Closed]   Astraphobia [M] [Closed] - Page 25 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2012 6:12 pm

There was a slight sigh as Sephiroth glanced towards Reno. "I figured as much. I was fortunate in that my boys were never all that interested in it and being in active duty they seemed to be cared for by others a great deal. It was one thing he did regret, not really taking the time earlier to spend as much time as he could with them. It was true he spent the time when he was off with them but work always seemed to get in the way.

"I suppose I shall be objected to a real interrogation now that we're taking the next step."

But he was willing to undergo whatever Reno's ex-wife felt she needed to do, just to be with him. Sephiroth lifted the flute and took a sip as he watched Reno for a moment.
Back to top Go down
Reno Nevada
First Class
First Class
Reno Nevada

PostSubject: Re: Astraphobia [M] [Closed]   Astraphobia [M] [Closed] - Page 25 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2012 6:49 pm

Reno took a sip and contemplated what Jess might quiz him on, giving a very slight shrug. "She'll pry but she'll know when to stop... I hope. If not then you can tell her that you don't want to talk about it and if she doesn't take the hint... I'll throw something at her. Something soft - I'm not cruel."

He grinned. "And I'll talk to Cerys about not messing with your hair too much - if you give her one good braiding session she might get over it and just demand your time in other ways. Like fort building. A good deal of our time might be spent in pillow forts - or castles, as she insists they are. Just don't let her convince you to put in a moat... messy business..."

He shook his head and took another sip of champagne. "We'll both survive," he said firmly. "I'm sure we've both been through worse."
Back to top Go down
Sephiroth
Ancient / Cetra
Ancient / Cetra
Sephiroth

PostSubject: Re: Astraphobia [M] [Closed]   Astraphobia [M] [Closed] - Page 25 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2012 7:08 pm

Not many things were out of bounds, however any talk about his family, particularly his father was one of them. It was his personal life and he was accustomed to that being kept personal. And even after a month he had never whispered a hint of what had father had done to him. That was not something he was willing to share at this point with anyone. "If you need to you may remind her that I'm military and have before had need to silence people."

"I suposse I could sacrifice one, or at least let her have her way with Yazoo. It might teach him something."

Sephiroth reached over with his free and stroked Reno's cheek. "We will, so don't worry about it. The next step is getting this past Kadaj, we can wait for the challenge of Yazoo and Loz, but we will not hide this. Not any longer."

He lightly kissed the back of Reno's had as he brought it up. "You have dealt with mine, the least I can do is deal with yours and eventually Loz and Yazoo will get used to the idea."
Back to top Go down
Reno Nevada
First Class
First Class
Reno Nevada

PostSubject: Re: Astraphobia [M] [Closed]   Astraphobia [M] [Closed] - Page 25 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2012 7:14 pm

Reno looked amused at the thought of Seph silencing Jess, in part because she knew what her ex-husband's job was and that he'd used that threat in jest when they were having a mock tiff. Then, coming from Seph he could see it actually being a terrifying prospect.

"Give Cerys over to Yazoo? I like that idea - she won't take any nonsense from him." He grinned and kissed the palm of Seph's hand. "My lot aren't too bad to manage, once you set the boundaries they're pretty good at not crossing them. Even Cerys, though it takes her far longer."

He looked to the waiter who had once again returned. "Hmm, seems it's time to decide what we're eating. You first."
Back to top Go down
Sephiroth
Ancient / Cetra
Ancient / Cetra
Sephiroth

PostSubject: Re: Astraphobia [M] [Closed]   Astraphobia [M] [Closed] - Page 25 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2012 7:51 pm

"If anyone can tame him she probably can. Yazoo wasn't so bad, not until we left base and finally settled down. Then he made friends and everything went downhill. The soft kiss was pressed against his palm his thumb moved over his lips and then drew back as the waiter appeared. "Start with the Bruschetta, and I'll have the seared chicken."

The menu was placed down and Sephiroth moved it to the side as he glanced towards Reno.

There was no reason to rush the night, for it would be over too soon.
Back to top Go down
Reno Nevada
First Class
First Class
Reno Nevada

PostSubject: Re: Astraphobia [M] [Closed]   Astraphobia [M] [Closed] - Page 25 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2012 7:55 pm

"That's always the problem - the friends," Reno agreed with a sad nod. "Erm, I'll have the chicken brandy pâté, and the chicken kiev please - maybe next time I'll have the steak."

He closed the menu and handed it the waiter with a nod. "Thank you."

The waiter scuttled off again and Reno couldn't help but laugh. "I can't decide what you're doing with someone like me, or why he can't get a date like this."
Back to top Go down
Sephiroth
Ancient / Cetra
Ancient / Cetra
Sephiroth

PostSubject: Re: Astraphobia [M] [Closed]   Astraphobia [M] [Closed] - Page 25 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2012 10:54 pm

"Let him wonder," Sephiroth continued to stroke the back of Reno's hand with his thumb, rubbing over it. He had never been like this, overly emotional or romantic. His life had been lived out in battle and in the end that had turned him reluctant towards emotion. But not with Reno. Reno was different and because of that he was ready to take this to the next step.

He continued to stroke it as he stared down at their joined hands. He knew Reno's family had accepted him, even before they had known what they were.

"I would not have this any other way."
Back to top Go down
Reno Nevada
First Class
First Class
Reno Nevada

PostSubject: Re: Astraphobia [M] [Closed]   Astraphobia [M] [Closed] - Page 25 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2012 11:10 pm

"I'm glad because I'm not good at the changing thing," he teased gently, his eyes dancing in the low light. "Sorry, I don't mean to make a joke of everything. I've just never been too good with being serious for a long amount of time. I'm serious about this - about us, and going further with what we have."

He gave a wry smile. "Then again, you've known me long enough to already know this and I'm prattling on for no reason." He took up the champagne again to give himself time to breathe and clear his mind. "What is it about first dates that manages to fluster me, even when I know that unless I really put my foot in it you're not about to run for the hills."
Back to top Go down
Sephiroth
Ancient / Cetra
Ancient / Cetra
Sephiroth

PostSubject: Re: Astraphobia [M] [Closed]   Astraphobia [M] [Closed] - Page 25 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2012 11:52 pm

Further... yes they they were going further than they had. "Even so I doubt you'll manage to chase me away. It's been a month since this has started."

"Let's tackle the family first before going any further," that was the first step and then it became very serious. Sephiroth still felt a bit apprehensive about even coming out to Loz and Yazoo but Reno was worth it. His prattling seemed at times almost cute, something he had grown used to over time. It was certainly endearing.

This had to be taken one step at a time. "Are you ready for tonight?"

Back to top Go down
Reno Nevada
First Class
First Class
Reno Nevada

PostSubject: Re: Astraphobia [M] [Closed]   Astraphobia [M] [Closed] - Page 25 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2012 11:59 pm

Reno nodded. "I'm ready for it... entirely terrified that Kadaj doesn't take it well. I mean, he brought us here but he didn't know that something was happening already so he might be offended that we didn't tell him, wary of my intentions because of that... Saying that, I think I'm ready to face it. Of the three he's the one most likely to come around to the idea, and if going through whatever he throws at me is how we do this... it's what I'll do."

He finished his champagne and placed the glass down again. "So to cut the long story short - yes. I am. Just make sure you bail me out if it gets too intense."
Back to top Go down
Sephiroth
Ancient / Cetra
Ancient / Cetra
Sephiroth

PostSubject: Re: Astraphobia [M] [Closed]   Astraphobia [M] [Closed] - Page 25 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2012 12:29 am

"He may be angry but he'll get used to the idea. He wanted me to find someone, but he can be a bit protective. I am sure it will be fine though. He was the one that mentioned it, even before we decided to pursue it," it was comfortable with Reno, something Sephiroth had not had in a long time. He knew Kadaj would support that. Even if it was difficult at first he knew Kadaj wanted to see him happy, the references made to him looking for any reason not to date.

It was high time he did.

"He'll likely give you the full nine yards but I'll keep him from going overboard."
Back to top Go down
Reno Nevada
First Class
First Class
Reno Nevada

PostSubject: Re: Astraphobia [M] [Closed]   Astraphobia [M] [Closed] - Page 25 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2012 12:39 am

Reno shook his head with a smile. "I never thought there would be a day that I was almost scared of a sixteen year old," he laughed. "Families are terrifying... that is one thing I'm definitely taking away from this..."

He grinned and looked up as their food came. "That looks so good," he practically purred as the plates were placed in front of them.
Back to top Go down
Sephiroth
Ancient / Cetra
Ancient / Cetra
Sephiroth

PostSubject: Re: Astraphobia [M] [Closed]   Astraphobia [M] [Closed] - Page 25 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2012 1:01 am

"Indeed they are, even your own can be truly difficult, even more so if another's family and you desire to make a good impression." Sephiroth reluctantly released Reno's hand as the food came, a realization that they would both need both their hands usable. It would be a test, Reno facing Kadaj, but he was certain it would be nothing compared to when he had to face Loz and Yazoo.

"I will do my best to keep Kadaj somewhat at bay with the questions. Hopefully he will listen."

With his hand free Sephiroth went about cutting the meat as he watched Reno for a moment. He could only hope they were more understanding. This could tear them apart still, and fortunately things had been tamed with his father. The last thing he needed was him added to the mix.
Back to top Go down
Reno Nevada
First Class
First Class
Reno Nevada

PostSubject: Re: Astraphobia [M] [Closed]   Astraphobia [M] [Closed] - Page 25 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2012 1:15 am

Reno reluctantly drew his hand back as Seph withdrew his, but he knew that to have any hope of eating he would need them both. His fingers sank into a warm granary roll, carefully pulling it open and laying it on the plate as he prepared the pate to spread across it.

"If it will make it easier for him then I'll answer what I can," Reno replied. He paused the conversation again to sink his teeth into his starter and gave surprised look. "This is a lot better than I thought it was going to be," he chuckled. "How's yours?"
Back to top Go down
Sephiroth
Ancient / Cetra
Ancient / Cetra
Sephiroth

PostSubject: Re: Astraphobia [M] [Closed]   Astraphobia [M] [Closed] - Page 25 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2012 3:20 am

"It does reasonably well. Or at least well enough that it is a good place to try to work out deals when the person I am negotiating with could turn hostile. I'm sure they're almost relieved that I actually came here for something normal this time."

"Good," it wasn't dry, which was a positive and unfortunately usually hard to achieve. For the moment though his mind was focused on how bad it could get if Kadaj took this badly. It would make things rough but he wouldn't change his mind. He would stay with Reno, even after Loz and Yazoo found out.

Right now the man had become very important.
Back to top Go down
Reno Nevada
First Class
First Class
Reno Nevada

PostSubject: Re: Astraphobia [M] [Closed]   Astraphobia [M] [Closed] - Page 25 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2012 3:30 am

Reno gave a quiet, knowing smile as he continued to eat his starter, finishing the roll before furthering the conversation.

"I've gotten you worried now," he said softly. "You're thinking about it and silently freaking out as much as I am out loud. I'm sorry, Seph. I'm sure it'll be fine - I just have to panic about these things so I don't do it when I'm there. I didn't stop to think how it would make you feel."

He gently ran his foot along Seph's leg again, unable to touch or console him any other way while they were eating. "Lets just enjoy this evening and worry about later when it's later."
Back to top Go down
Sephiroth
Ancient / Cetra
Ancient / Cetra
Sephiroth

PostSubject: Re: Astraphobia [M] [Closed]   Astraphobia [M] [Closed] - Page 25 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2012 3:56 am

Sephiroth blinked at the sudden realization of his thoughts. So few had ever gotten close enough to be able to read him. Had he really grown so close to Reno that he could pick up so easily on what he was thinking or feeling? He had never thought to have anyone like that. The foot lightly brushed over his leg. His eyes flickered up in response to that as he watched the red head.

"You're right. I should stop," there would always be things to be concerned about, but they had made their decision. They would be doing this. "We enjoy the night and take it as it comes."

A few more bites of the food were eaten. It wasn't like he didn't have plenty of other things to focus on, such as the amazing man who seemed to find him worth it.
Back to top Go down
Reno Nevada
First Class
First Class
Reno Nevada

PostSubject: Re: Astraphobia [M] [Closed]   Astraphobia [M] [Closed] - Page 25 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2012 4:07 am

Reno took up the champagne bottle and refilled their glasses before going back to tearing open the rolls.

"There is something inexplicably satisfying about tearing open a bread roll," he mused aloud as he put the pate on it. "I don't know what it is - but it only works with a warm roll. It must be the sudden burst of that warm bread smell. There's nothing like it. I've been tempted to get one of those bread makers just so I can make my apartment smell like freshly baked bread... but I think that would just make me weird."

He took a bite, silenced by the food for a while. "So, how was work?" He grinned.
Back to top Go down
Sephiroth
Ancient / Cetra
Ancient / Cetra
Sephiroth

PostSubject: Re: Astraphobia [M] [Closed]   Astraphobia [M] [Closed] - Page 25 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2012 4:57 am

"It will turn you into a regular domestic man. You'll have women lined up at your door, assuming you do the cooking and cleaning as well."

Sephiroth glanced towards him, though if Reno would do the cooking and cleaning he wouldn't mind having him over more. He doubted the boys would mind either as homemade food was truly a rarity for them. With the next question Sephiroth sighed lightly.

"The negotiations fell apart," he turned to look slightly away. Yet another thing that had been bothering him all too much. Right when he thought he had something fixed something else cropped up. There was no end to it.
Back to top Go down
Reno Nevada
First Class
First Class
Reno Nevada

PostSubject: Re: Astraphobia [M] [Closed]   Astraphobia [M] [Closed] - Page 25 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2012 5:15 am

"And I will have to turn them all away and let them know I already have a man to look after," he chuckled. "Though their assumptions would be right - I don't like the idea of having a cleaner so... someone has to do it."

Reno frowned a little at the news that the negotiations were not going well. He knew what it would mean if they didn't manage to salvage things, and he wasn't liking that prospect at all.

"I'm sure you can bring it back though? Nothing ever completely off the table until you're actually at war, right?"
Back to top Go down
Sephiroth
Ancient / Cetra
Ancient / Cetra
Sephiroth

PostSubject: Re: Astraphobia [M] [Closed]   Astraphobia [M] [Closed] - Page 25 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2012 6:31 am

"And as you know I don't have the time to cook and my sons are banned from the kitchen for their own safety. I would be glad to inform them that you are indeed in high demand by said man."

At the frown a sigh escaped. "Yes, it is still possible until they all out declared war on us however that is feeling far too likely for my taste. I'm not going to lie Reno, this isn't looking good and the threat of war is very real. I haven't mentioned it to my sons. I don't want any of them getting worked up over the fact that I could be sent back to the battlefield."

It had been rough for all of them, Sephiroth knew, waiting around on base for any word concerning his fate. He didn't want any of them to be getting that letter or for officers to appear at the door. The idea that Reno could have to suffer that made it worse.
Back to top Go down
Reno Nevada
First Class
First Class
Reno Nevada

PostSubject: Re: Astraphobia [M] [Closed]   Astraphobia [M] [Closed] - Page 25 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2012 6:37 am

"No, it's a good idea to find a way to break it to them gently, rather than just laying on the table," he agreed, trying to ignore the nagging at the back of his mind that if it did turn to war then he couldn't be sure when - if - he would see Seph again. It made their taking that next step seem more important than it already was.

"Well... if it comes to that then I'll keep an eye on them for you," Reno said with a small smile. "Make sure they're doing okay, eating... at all. That way you won't have to worry about them and can worry about yourself instead."

He knew that it was unlikely that anything would stop him worrying about the boys, but the offer was there - and whether Seph accepted it or not he knew he would be unable to keep away from them, needing to know for himself that they were all right. They might not have been his own flesh and blood, or even anything he could claim as his own - but they were Seph's and that made them important to him.
Back to top Go down
Sephiroth
Ancient / Cetra
Ancient / Cetra
Sephiroth

PostSubject: Re: Astraphobia [M] [Closed]   Astraphobia [M] [Closed] - Page 25 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2012 6:52 am

There were no words about what it would mean for them, but Sephiroth knew Reno had realized it. Even if he was not involved directly in it he would understand that things happened. People were killed. There were always soldiers that were sent home in a casket, or some that never returned home. It was the sad truth that they all understood. Every soldier put their life on the line for their country.

They would die for their beliefs and he was no exception.

As Reno continued Sephiroth raised an eyebrow. "That... isn't exactly the way it works," he said as he glanced towards Reno. "They're still children so they will move with me to the base I'd be assigned to. I would likely be sent instantly on a tour of duty to the frontline and I could be gone a year or two, only able to return to base once I was finished. They'd likely stay with one of the other soldiers' families."

Sephiroth sighed as he glanced away. "I want to believe that there's still hope. There wasn't an active war before but I was stationed on tours and danger areas. There were attacks sometimes so I am no stranger to battle, but I feel as if I am getting old. War is ugly business Reno."
Back to top Go down
Reno Nevada
First Class
First Class
Reno Nevada

PostSubject: Re: Astraphobia [M] [Closed]   Astraphobia [M] [Closed] - Page 25 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2012 7:08 am

Reno lightly bit his lip as he carefully contemplated how to word what he was about to say.

"I know they'll be on base, but that won't be won't a problem. I have clearance to enter any ShinRa military HQ, so I'll be able to look in on them a few times a week. Make sure they're okay - for my sanity as much as yours."

He knew that in just saying that he was inviting questions that he wasn't allowed to answer, that he'd already broken that vow over telling Jess... but Seph might not be so understanding of him spilling that secret.

"You're not old," Reno snorted softly, shaking his head. "Trust me, if you were old you would not be able to do half the things we do in - and around - the bedroom."
Back to top Go down
Sephiroth
Ancient / Cetra
Ancient / Cetra
Sephiroth

PostSubject: Re: Astraphobia [M] [Closed]   Astraphobia [M] [Closed] - Page 25 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2012 8:00 am

Sephiroth looked up and his sharp eyes landed on Reno. There was a slight movement and Sephiroth leaned back in his seat, arms crossed. "So you have military clearance, you know the hospital, to the point that your ID has parking... the question remains what exactly do you do?" Sephiroth eyed for a good long moment. "We have been seeing each other for a month, yet you seem strangely silent on that topic."

His curiosity had been piqued, or at least his suspicious mind had been. Sephiroth studied Reno for a long moment before he returned to his meal, waiting for an answer.

"Indeed... I seem to at least be able to keep up with you."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Astraphobia [M] [Closed]   Astraphobia [M] [Closed] - Page 25 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Astraphobia [M] [Closed]
Page 25 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 32 ... 40  Next