FFVII Revelations
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Final Fantasy VII Role-Play Forum. Two Characters Per Person.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Mission from Hell [M]

Go down 
+2
Reno Nevada
Sephiroth
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 18 ... 22  Next
AuthorMessage
Sephiroth
Ancient / Cetra
Ancient / Cetra
Sephiroth

Title : One-Winged Angel

Mission from Hell [M] - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mission from Hell [M]   Mission from Hell [M] - Page 15 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2012 2:13 am

Sephiroth did not bother to look up as he heard Tseng approach. He needed to leave, perhaps a battle against the monsters would clear the pain in his chest. It seemed to grow with each passing moment and showed no signs of easing. A physical ailment? Perhaps it was something he should report, something could be wrong.

No, he had to clear his head. He had to escape this place, away from the suffocating presences that surrounded him, the image of Genesis' body imprinted on his mind. It would never leave, not when he knew he had caused it. Death was familiar, something he had handed out so many times, but this was different.

He couldn't even think, just feel the growing pain, the need to escape. He wanted to rip his own heart out, just to stop the pain from being there.

Sephiroth dropped his head and his hair fell over him, shielding his face. Escape... that was the only way, escape...

It even hurt to breathe.
Back to top Go down
Tseng
ShinRa Captain
ShinRa Captain
Tseng

PostSubject: Re: Mission from Hell [M]   Mission from Hell [M] - Page 15 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2012 6:16 am

Tseng came up behind Sephiroth, not masking the sound of his foot falls so he would know someone was approaching him. "Are you ok, General?" He asked lightly, stopping beside Seph with a frown. "Let's get you back to HQ and have the doctors look you over, ok?" He placed a hand lightly on Seph's arm.
Back to top Go down
Sephiroth
Ancient / Cetra
Ancient / Cetra
Sephiroth

PostSubject: Re: Mission from Hell [M]   Mission from Hell [M] - Page 15 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2012 7:08 am

"Understood," he didn't argue, not when the unknown pain was ripping and tearing at him. His eyes shut for a moment as a breath escaped and he turned towards Tseng. He turned back towards the copter though he was reluctant. Genesis' body was there, his friend who he had killed.

The pressure began to grow and build inside of him. It felt like it should be hard to breathe, the pain continued, clinging to his chest. There was nothing he could do and perhaps Tseng was right about seeing the doctors. This feeling, it was abnormal, and it only grew stronger with each passing moment.
Back to top Go down
Tseng
ShinRa Captain
ShinRa Captain
Tseng

PostSubject: Re: Mission from Hell [M]   Mission from Hell [M] - Page 15 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2012 7:23 am

"Take the co-pilot's seat." Tseng said lightly as he walked with Seph to the chopper, knowing that seat would obscure any view of Genesis' body. "I'll fly us back there quickly when we're all settled."
Back to top Go down
Sephiroth
Ancient / Cetra
Ancient / Cetra
Sephiroth

PostSubject: Re: Mission from Hell [M]   Mission from Hell [M] - Page 15 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2012 9:36 am

There was not a word said as he took the seat, his head moved forward slightly so that his hair obscured his face from view. He did not trust himself to speak, only knowing that there had to be something wrong. Perhaps something had happened, likely the cold and wetness he had suffered from during his last mission had finally taken their effect. It had to be, as this foreign pain would not leave.

Sephiroth did not speak, he did not trust himself to, the pain that seemed to well inside, choking him. This was unusual.
Back to top Go down
Tseng
ShinRa Captain
ShinRa Captain
Tseng

PostSubject: Re: Mission from Hell [M]   Mission from Hell [M] - Page 15 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2012 2:51 pm

After making sure everyone was in the chopper and buckled in before starting the engine and flying off back to Midgar. He kept glancing at Seph to see if the General was ok, but seeing he wasn't he radioed ahead that they would need a medical team at the landing pad waiting for them as well as clean up for a comrade killed in battle. He wasn't going to mention Genesis' name or former rank to them, Reno deserved that much dignity and respect.
Back to top Go down
Zack
Calamity
Calamity
Zack

PostSubject: Re: Mission from Hell [M]   Mission from Hell [M] - Page 15 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2012 4:14 pm

Zack had remained quiet the whole time during their return tot he chopper.
He couldn't say anything that would help without putting his foot in it, so he picked not to say anything at all.

Sitting in the chopper as it took off he could only look out the window wondering what was going to happen when they got back to Midgar.
Zack looked to Reno. "I... um... sorry."
He really was no one deserved to loose someone they cared about.
Back to top Go down
Reno Nevada
First Class
First Class
Reno Nevada

PostSubject: Re: Mission from Hell [M]   Mission from Hell [M] - Page 15 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2012 9:00 pm

Reno looked up at Zack, a small sense of shame having him brush away the tears he had let silently fall - he was a TURK, death shouldn't affect him, not even when it was those he cared for. Smudges of his husband's blood were left where his fingertips had brushed, the deep red mingling with the red of his own scars.

"Thanks," he said softly, not sure what to reply with. He looked down at Gen for a moment and then back to Zack. "He wouldn't have hurt you - he was desperate and needed Sephiroth to..." He fell silent, a soft but shuddering sigh given. "What happened back in Wutai... I didn't know about you guys - if I had I wouldn't have done anything. I'm not like that, taking someone else's... I..."

His words wouldn't formulate any more and he buried his face in Gen's hair. It was all a terrible nightmare he was praying to every God and Goddess that it would end now, that he'd wake up two years previous and it was all some horrendous dream.
Back to top Go down
Sephiroth
Ancient / Cetra
Ancient / Cetra
Sephiroth

PostSubject: Re: Mission from Hell [M]   Mission from Hell [M] - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 28, 2012 1:08 am

Not a word was said, neither did Sephiroth lift his head to look at anyone. He did not even trust himself to speak, able to hear the conversation behind him. He wished to be able to feel numb, to feel anything but this consuming pain. It struck him, overwhelmed him, left him unable to think, and there was no relief from it. Genesis...

Had this been his desire, to cripple him like this? It consumed him, ate away at everything inside of him. He had not felt anything like this, not since they both had abandoned him, and then it had not been this harsh, stabbing into his heart. Perhaps it would be less painful to have died alongside Genesis.
Back to top Go down
Tseng
ShinRa Captain
ShinRa Captain
Tseng

PostSubject: Re: Mission from Hell [M]   Mission from Hell [M] - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 28, 2012 1:22 am

Carefully Tseng landed the chopper on the top floor of the ShinRa HQ and cut the motor, running through the shut down sequence as the med teams came running up to help whoever needed their help.
Back to top Go down
Reno Nevada
First Class
First Class
Reno Nevada

PostSubject: Re: Mission from Hell [M]   Mission from Hell [M] - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 28, 2012 2:01 am

Reno didn't have the strength to stop them taking Genesis from him, watching helplessly as they carefully rest him on a gurney and wheeled him away from the helicopter. He hardly paid attention to the paramedic as he checked that the blood wasn't his, his arms moved as easily as if he were a puppet.

"I'm fine," he managed to whisper eventually, his eyes finally meeting the paramedic's. "I'm not harmed... Just... leave me here a while. I'll make my own way in..."
Back to top Go down
Zack
Calamity
Calamity
Zack

PostSubject: Re: Mission from Hell [M]   Mission from Hell [M] - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 28, 2012 6:35 am

"Even I didn't know..." It was a confession to Reno. "You kinda woke me up to that."

When the chopper landed Zack jumped out walking past Reno, he gave him a saddened look.
He didn't know what to say.
"Thank you Reno, for making me aware of how I felt for..."
Looking down Zack hurried off, he had no words that could comfort Reno right now.
Maybe later he would take him some alcohol and food.

Make sure he was okay. Make sure he ate and took care of himself.
He had watched too many people die from self neglect at the loss of a loved one.
He would do the same for Seph. Right now Seph would really need him.
Back to top Go down
Sephiroth
Ancient / Cetra
Ancient / Cetra
Sephiroth

PostSubject: Re: Mission from Hell [M]   Mission from Hell [M] - Page 15 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 29, 2012 3:51 am

The medics seemed to surround him and Sephiroth shook his head. No, Professor Hojo would be angered if he chose to allow them to care for him. But the pain was still there, a cold hand around his heart, squeezing it, and it was still difficult to breathe. Finally he allowed one of the medics to accompany him, the man frowning as he felt for his vitals and called the lab.

Sephiroth knew Hojo would want to see him, and he just wanted the pain to stop.
Back to top Go down
Tseng
ShinRa Captain
ShinRa Captain
Tseng

PostSubject: Re: Mission from Hell [M]   Mission from Hell [M] - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2012 12:43 pm

Tseng waited for everyone to leave and turned in his seat to look at Reno. "Reno, come back to me." He said softly, trying to snap the red head out of his thoughts. He slipped between the front seats and knelt down on the floor beside Reno to place a hand under his chin, lifting Reno's face up to look at him. "Reno?" He asked softly, worry for his second showing in his eyes. Emotion was something he never showed in front of anyone else, emotion except for the angry ones that was.
Back to top Go down
Reno Nevada
First Class
First Class
Reno Nevada

PostSubject: Re: Mission from Hell [M]   Mission from Hell [M] - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2012 12:52 pm

Reno's eyes welled with tears again as he looked up at Tseng. "I'm seventeen, Tseng," he murmured. "Married and a widower within a week... It wasn't meant to be like this... It was... never..."

He closed his eyes and swallowed hard, trying to pull himself together. "I know I'm in shit, Tseng... and I'm not going to throw myself on your mercy. I chose to go with him, I chose to leave ShinRa for him... And I'll pay the price asked of me. I left knowing that one day I would have to. No one escapes ShinRa for long..." A very fleeting smile flickered on his lips. "Not when they have someone as good as you."
Back to top Go down
Tseng
ShinRa Captain
ShinRa Captain
Tseng

PostSubject: Re: Mission from Hell [M]   Mission from Hell [M] - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2012 1:03 pm

Tseng frowned a little and brushed a thumb over Reno's cheek, wiping away a tear. "Reno, you were merely under his spell, he just wanted to take you away from me-from us." He said, quickly correcting himself. "Life rarely goes how we want it to." He sighed and stroked Reno's cheek gently. "Come back to me, Reno.. rejoin us and I'll see that you're not punished too severely."
Back to top Go down
Reno Nevada
First Class
First Class
Reno Nevada

PostSubject: Re: Mission from Hell [M]   Mission from Hell [M] - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2012 1:08 pm

If he had the strength he would have pushed Tseng away for his assumption. "I loved him, Tseng," he said with a slight growl. "Think what you like but you can't take that from me. You've already taken him - can't that be enough for you?"

He looked away, the tears beyond his control as they rolled down his cheeks. "I have nowhere else to go," he murmured quietly. "ShinRa saw to that years ago. Of course I'm coming back to the TURKs... I have no other choice."
Back to top Go down
Tseng
ShinRa Captain
ShinRa Captain
Tseng

PostSubject: Re: Mission from Hell [M]   Mission from Hell [M] - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2012 1:14 pm

"I didn't take him, Reno." Tseng frowned. It was true he offered to do it for Seph but he never did. "You know he signed his own death warrant for leaving the company and attacking it's employees. I believe you when you say you loved him, but all the company will see when I've finished my report is that he kidnapped you and seduced you into thinking you do. No one has to know the truth of your feelings for the traitor." He knew that Reno would understand the reasoning behind that. Reno would be hassled tremendously and never get a moments peace from the dark side of the ShinRa rumour mill.
Back to top Go down
Reno Nevada
First Class
First Class
Reno Nevada

PostSubject: Re: Mission from Hell [M]   Mission from Hell [M] - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2012 1:21 pm

He knew that Tseng was doing it to protect him, but it still stung that it was going to be erased as though nothing ever happened.

"I was just getting used to Reno Rhapsodos," he muttered, gently rubbing the wedding ring with his thumb. "I'll let you do it on two conditions - you get the marriage certificate from his coat and give it to me... and you never make me take off my wedding ring... You can erase it any other way you like but... let me keep it real for myself. Let me keep the truth. No one but you and I need to know it... but I need it, Tseng... I need to know that he loved me."
Back to top Go down
Tseng
ShinRa Captain
ShinRa Captain
Tseng

PostSubject: Re: Mission from Hell [M]   Mission from Hell [M] - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2012 1:38 pm

Tseng nodded, still stroking Reno's cheek. "The certificate and ring are yours to do with as you wish. You can keep the name, you'll just return to being Nevada officially. Think of it as a code name, Roth." He said, trying to lighten the feeling a little, remembering how much Reno used to love making up code names for them during undercover missions.
Back to top Go down
Reno Nevada
First Class
First Class
Reno Nevada

PostSubject: Re: Mission from Hell [M]   Mission from Hell [M] - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2012 1:45 pm

With a sob, Reno leant into Tseng, burying his face in his friend's shoulder, gripping onto his jacket. He was a mess, his mind jumbled and confused. He didn't deserve Tseng being kind to him, he felt as though he ought to be consumed by his grief forever.

"Careful," he sniffed, his voice muffled. "Might try to collar you again, Tai."

It was his way of letting Tseng know he understood, of saying thank you... and sorry.
Back to top Go down
Tseng
ShinRa Captain
ShinRa Captain
Tseng

PostSubject: Re: Mission from Hell [M]   Mission from Hell [M] - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2012 1:56 pm

Tseng wrapped his arms around Reno gently and stroked his back lightly. "I wouldn't argue too much." He said softly against Reno's hair, just holding him, not even realizing he'd said that out loud.
Back to top Go down
Reno Nevada
First Class
First Class
Reno Nevada

PostSubject: Re: Mission from Hell [M]   Mission from Hell [M] - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2012 2:00 pm

Reno have a very soft chuckle, pulling Tseng a little closer. "You whined like a bitch for weeks that it meant you had to do everything I told you," he recalled fondly, loosening his death grip on Tseng's jacket and slipping his arms around him, exhausted but wanting to keep him close. He didn't want to be alone... he didn't think he could be alone any more.

"Can I stay on your sofa tonight?" He asked, pulling back from the embrace a little. "I don't want to go back to my place... not yet..."

There was too much there that would remind him of Genesis. At Tseng's, at least, he knew there would be nothing of the General there.
Back to top Go down
Tseng
ShinRa Captain
ShinRa Captain
Tseng

PostSubject: Re: Mission from Hell [M]   Mission from Hell [M] - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2012 2:10 pm

Tseng blushed faintly when Reno let him know he'd spoken out loud and was glad that his hair hide his face from sight right now. Still rubbing Reno's back gently he nodded. "Of course, as long as you need to." He said. "And outwardly I had to complain, I couldn't let you know I actually enjoyed it a little bit." He said softly, placing a light kiss to the top of Reno's head.
Back to top Go down
Reno Nevada
First Class
First Class
Reno Nevada

PostSubject: Re: Mission from Hell [M]   Mission from Hell [M] - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2012 2:16 pm

Reno sniffed softly. "Always said you had to be enjoying it just a little," he said, voice slowly returning to normal, though much quieter than Tseng would have ever heard him. He carefully let go of him, wiping the tears that lingered on his cheeks, and eyeing the damp patch on Tseng's suit. "I'll pay for the dry cleaning," he offered. "That's if y'all haven't frozen my accounts yet..."

He was on autopilot now - try to block it out, wait until you're alone and then grieve as much as you need to. He'd done the same when his parents had been killed, when Genesis had disappeared... now he'd do it again.

Smile, let everyone think you're ok even though inside you're falling apart.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mission from Hell [M]   Mission from Hell [M] - Page 15 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mission from Hell [M]
Page 15 of 22Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 18 ... 22  Next