FFVII Revelations
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Final Fantasy VII Role-Play Forum. Two Characters Per Person.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Mission from Hell [M]

Go down 
+2
Reno Nevada
Sephiroth
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 18 ... 22  Next
AuthorMessage
Zack
Calamity
Calamity
Zack

Mission from Hell [M] - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mission from Hell [M]   Mission from Hell [M] - Page 14 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 22, 2012 11:44 am

Zack rolled out of the way when Genesis let him go after Tseng fired on him.

He jumped back a few feet, he looked at Seph then to Genesis.
"I can't just walk away... There's no honor in that."

He knew Angeal would want him to stay to help Genesis.
Even if the guy did threaten to slit his throat.
"It's not what Angeal would do. he'd want me to help."
Back to top Go down
Genesis
ShinRa Captain
ShinRa Captain
Genesis

PostSubject: Re: Mission from Hell [M]   Mission from Hell [M] - Page 14 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 22, 2012 11:45 am

"I know he can take care of himself," Genesis said softly, it stung hearing Reno's words, knowing that he had no choice but to ignore them. Besides, if he died now then Reno wouldn't have to be there to watch him slowly die and age from the G-Cells. "Of course I know."

Genesis brought his Rapier up, ready to attack, though he could already feel his wounded knee cap slowing him down.
Back to top Go down
http://myjunkis-you.tumblr.com
Tseng
ShinRa Captain
ShinRa Captain
Tseng

PostSubject: Re: Mission from Hell [M]   Mission from Hell [M] - Page 14 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 22, 2012 11:50 am

Tseng turned his gun back on Reno. "He's a lost cause, Reno. The choice now is whether you join him or return to us... to me."
Back to top Go down
Reno Nevada
First Class
First Class
Reno Nevada

PostSubject: Re: Mission from Hell [M]   Mission from Hell [M] - Page 14 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 22, 2012 12:01 pm

Reno closed his eyes, it was taking all his energy just to convince himself to keep breathing steadily at this point. "I'm fucked no matter what I do, Tseng," he replied, not turning. "If I go with you then I betray my husband. If I don't then I betray the only other person in this world that I care about."

He finally turned, looking at Tseng. "He has a death wish - I should have known it from the second he walked into Seph's tent." He swallowed, visibly upset. "The least I can do is retain a few moments of hope that I'm not losing him again... before I lose him forever."

He turned back, his eyes fixated on Genesis again. "I'm not asking for much," he said, more quietly now. "We both have to stay here anyway. At least grant me the right to watch my husband die."
Back to top Go down
Tseng
ShinRa Captain
ShinRa Captain
Tseng

PostSubject: Re: Mission from Hell [M]   Mission from Hell [M] - Page 14 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 22, 2012 12:05 pm

"He's degrading, Reno." Tseng said softly, almost sadly. "Genesis' project was deemed a failer. I doubt you want to see what will happen to him."

He could see that Sephiroth was having an issue with killing a friend, Tseng had no such qualms. "If you wish it, I will shoot him here and now." He said to Reno but loud enough for the others to hear, including Seph.
Back to top Go down
Reno Nevada
First Class
First Class
Reno Nevada

PostSubject: Re: Mission from Hell [M]   Mission from Hell [M] - Page 14 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 22, 2012 12:09 pm

Tseng's words cut home - he knew that his boss was right, and everything fell into place.

"We'd have had more time together," he said, crossing his arms almost defiantly. "I could have been there for him, and I would have been gladly." He closed his eyes, trying to will away the tears. "Don't shoot him - it's not how he wants to go. Let him fight... let him die with some dignity."

His last plea he knew Tseng would understand - both as being Wutain, and a TURK.
Back to top Go down
Sephiroth
Ancient / Cetra
Ancient / Cetra
Sephiroth

Title : One-Winged Angel

PostSubject: Re: Mission from Hell [M]   Mission from Hell [M] - Page 14 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 23, 2012 8:14 am

No, if Genesis desired to die Sephiroth was certain that he would desire it be at the end of his blade. If he did not fight him he would harm Zack, despite the shame he was certain it would bring to Angeal. "Is this your wish Genesis? To die at my hand?"

Cruelty... selfishness, if it truly was Genesis' wish than Sephiroth could not see him as his friend. No friend would force him to end his life.
Back to top Go down
Genesis
ShinRa Captain
ShinRa Captain
Genesis

PostSubject: Re: Mission from Hell [M]   Mission from Hell [M] - Page 14 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 23, 2012 8:26 am

Genesis stopped and then glanced over at Reno, pain reflecting in his eyes. "I'm sorry," he whispered to Reno. Looking back at Sephiroth, it killed him to even ask him to do this, all the memories of their past ran through his head. I'm sorry Angeal, you know better than anyone how much I love him, but no matter what happens I'm going to lose him. I'm sorry for the shame I've brought upon you. He closed his eyes and looked up at the sky, feeling a strong wind - his old friends presence - practically saying 'fuck you, you selfish bastard.'

"Just kill me Sephiroth, you know that in order for this war we've been placed in to end, that's what has to happen."
Back to top Go down
Sephiroth
Ancient / Cetra
Ancient / Cetra
Sephiroth

PostSubject: Re: Mission from Hell [M]   Mission from Hell [M] - Page 14 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 23, 2012 10:19 am

This was what Genesis wanted and he could not refuse. Sephiroth took a step forward as the pain increased and Masamune was brought forward, the blade held slightly outwards within his hand. "Zack... I must ask you to stay clear."

This was what he wanted, and the last thing he could give his friend was a death at his own hand rather than some stranger. "Tseng, hold your fire, I will deal with him myself."

It was already bad enough that Genesis was injured. It should have been an equal battle, the TURK leader should have never interfered. Angeal... how can I do this?
Back to top Go down
Tseng
ShinRa Captain
ShinRa Captain
Tseng

PostSubject: Re: Mission from Hell [M]   Mission from Hell [M] - Page 14 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 23, 2012 10:54 am

"As you wish, General." Tseng said and turned back to Reno. "Don't give me a lecture about honour and dignity, Reno. You left what little you had left behind when you betrayed the company.
Back to top Go down
Reno Nevada
First Class
First Class
Reno Nevada

PostSubject: Re: Mission from Hell [M]   Mission from Hell [M] - Page 14 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 23, 2012 11:02 am

"I wasn't lecturing you," he replied, voice barely above a whisper. "I was begging you... Like you said, it's not like I have any dignity left to be bruised by doing the one thing I swore I never would."

His shoulders tensed more, physically closing in on himself as much as he was emotionally. This wasn't what he wanted, this wasn't how it was meant to happen. The only thing he feared was to be completely alone... and at that moment he felt truly abandoned by everything.
Back to top Go down
Genesis
ShinRa Captain
ShinRa Captain
Genesis

PostSubject: Re: Mission from Hell [M]   Mission from Hell [M] - Page 14 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 23, 2012 11:30 pm

Genesis held out his Rapier and the two swords slammed roughly against each other. As the fight went on he could feel himself weakening from the pain within his leg. He wasn't going to give up though, he was going to fight this as long as he possibly could.
Back to top Go down
Sephiroth
Ancient / Cetra
Ancient / Cetra
Sephiroth

PostSubject: Re: Mission from Hell [M]   Mission from Hell [M] - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 24, 2012 12:29 am

Masamune was brought across and it slashed towards Genesis. He moved, pushing the attack against Genesis. His eyes remained locked on him as each attack continued. He would grant him what he desired, there was no room in battle for emotions.
Back to top Go down
Genesis
ShinRa Captain
ShinRa Captain
Genesis

PostSubject: Re: Mission from Hell [M]   Mission from Hell [M] - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 24, 2012 12:41 am

His Rapier pushed up against Masamune with as much force as Genesis could muster. He pushed, moving against Sephiroth. His entire mind was muddled, it was distracted, he could barely even focus on the fight. This would be the end of it all, and when he was finally gone this war would be over.
Back to top Go down
Sephiroth
Ancient / Cetra
Ancient / Cetra
Sephiroth

PostSubject: Re: Mission from Hell [M]   Mission from Hell [M] - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 24, 2012 2:46 am

Sephiroth returned the strike and Masamune moved in a wide arc. It was only a matter of time until one block failed, until Genesis' body was pierced. This was what he wanted and Sephiroth had no choice but to grant him this. Emotions were pushed too far back and all that was left was the battle. His eyes remained on Genesis as the tip of Masamune was pushed forward in a thrust towards Genesis' body.
Back to top Go down
Genesis
ShinRa Captain
ShinRa Captain
Genesis

PostSubject: Re: Mission from Hell [M]   Mission from Hell [M] - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 24, 2012 3:06 am

The sword plunged deep into Genesis' chest, and went right through his heart.

Some people say that when you die you see a light and your entire life flashing before you, well when that sword plunged into Genesis he saw something, but to this day it leaves the question as to what exactly he saw. He didn't see his into life, no all Genesis saw when Masamune plunged into his chest was Reno. His entire life with him all the way down to this moment and the look on his husband's face ran through his head.

And that was when it all went dark.
Back to top Go down
Reno Nevada
First Class
First Class
Reno Nevada

PostSubject: Re: Mission from Hell [M]   Mission from Hell [M] - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 24, 2012 3:47 am

It felt as though the blade had pierced his heart too, and it took all the strength for him to not fall to his knees as he felt his entire body go weak. He had seen thousands of deaths, been the orchestrator of many more grisly and yet as he stood there he could feel the bile creeping up his throat.

Not knowing what he was doing, and not caring of the consequences, Reno went to Gen's side, kneeling and carefully resting his head on his lap, gently stroking his hair. "It's not your fault," he whispered, looking up at Seph through tear-filled eyes. "You did what he asked of you..." He leant down and kissed his husband's forehead. "It was a mercy, not a murder."

He looked over his shoulder at Tseng, completely defeated. "You win," he said softly. "ShinRa is all I have again..."
Back to top Go down
Tseng
ShinRa Captain
ShinRa Captain
Tseng

PostSubject: Re: Mission from Hell [M]   Mission from Hell [M] - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 24, 2012 3:56 am

Tseng narrowed his eyes slightly as Reno left him and he put his gun away again. "We'll take him back to HQ, the President will want proof of his death." He said and looked at Reno. "You can come with us willingly or you can chose the hard way, you know the drill." He said and turned to talk to one of the head locals who was watching them.
Back to top Go down
Sephiroth
Ancient / Cetra
Ancient / Cetra
Sephiroth

PostSubject: Re: Mission from Hell [M]   Mission from Hell [M] - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 24, 2012 3:57 am

The blood was quickly wiped off the blade however Sephiroth said nothing, just his head dropped as he felt the pain threaten to overwhelm him. Slowly turning he took in a deep breath as he walked away. The pain was continuing, devouring him and each step was harder than the last. It was what Genesis had wanted... but now it was complete. He had done that which he could never do, killed one of his dearest friends.

He couldn't say anything, couldn't look up, only let the pain eat away at him.
Back to top Go down
Reno Nevada
First Class
First Class
Reno Nevada

PostSubject: Re: Mission from Hell [M]   Mission from Hell [M] - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 24, 2012 4:00 am

"Even if I chose the hard way, you wouldn't kill me," he muttered, not leaving Genesis. "Just wound me enough to make it easier to bring me in, and I'd rather avoid a bullet."

He was completely numb, not caring if his words bought him punishment - losing his love was punishment enough for anything he would ever do.

He drew Genesis closer, not able to let go of him. Not yet. Not now.
Back to top Go down
Genesis
ShinRa Captain
ShinRa Captain
Genesis

PostSubject: Re: Mission from Hell [M]   Mission from Hell [M] - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 24, 2012 5:51 am

((Now... in Lifestream land... <3 I mean you didn't really think I was gone, did you? ;D))

"When the war of the beasts brings about the world's end
The goddess descends from the sky
Wings of light and dark spread afar
She guides us to bliss, her gift everlasting

Infinite in mystery is the gift of the Goddess
We seek it thus, and take to the sky
Ripples form on the water's surface
The wandering soul knows no rest.

There is no hate, only joy
For you are beloved by the goddess
Hero of the dawn, Healer of worlds
Dreams of the morrow hath the shattered soul
Pride is lost
Wings stripped away, the end is nigh

My friend, do you fly away now?
To a world that abhors you and I?
All that awaits you is a somber morrow
No matter where the winds may blow
My friend, your desire
Is the bringer of life, the gift of the goddess
Even if the morrow is barren of promises
Nothing shall forestall my return

My friend, the fates are cruel
There are no dreams, no honor remains
The arrow has left the bow of the goddess
My soul, corrupted by vengeance
Hath endured torment, to find the end of the journey
In my own salvation
And your eternal slumber
Legend shall speak
Of sacrifice at world's end
The wind sails over the water's surface
Quietly, but surely

Even if the morrow is barren of promises
Nothing shall forestall my return
To become the dew that quenches the land
To spare the sands, the seas, the skies
I offer thee this silent sacrifice"

"Genesis."

A female voice rang through his ears, and suddenly the darkness became a blinding light. He opened his eyes and looked upon a face he had only seen in dreams. He looked upon the face of the Goddess.

((yeah guys I'm gonna randomly jump in here to keep you updated on Genesis in the lifestream XD))

Back to top Go down
Zack
Calamity
Calamity
Zack

PostSubject: Re: Mission from Hell [M]   Mission from Hell [M] - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 25, 2012 2:52 am

Zack let out a breath.
Everything had moved beyond his control and he had indeed stepped back.
He looked to Reno apologetically, he had wanted to end this a different way.
He also didn't know what to say without hurting someone.
"I'll... um be." he motioned walking away from the scene.

Zack wanted Reno to have his moment, he also wanted to gather his thoughts.
He understood in a way, he would die for Seph, he had those same feelings.
But at the same time he would be logical about it. It was one thing he was still learning.

[wooo yay thx work for making me miss most of this -.-]
Back to top Go down
Tseng
ShinRa Captain
ShinRa Captain
Tseng

PostSubject: Re: Mission from Hell [M]   Mission from Hell [M] - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 25, 2012 3:29 am

Tseng eyed Reno carefully and turned to follow Seph. "Bring him with you, Reno." He said gently, not ordering him this time, as he walked off, knowing the red head would follow him at his own pace.
Back to top Go down
Reno Nevada
First Class
First Class
Reno Nevada

PostSubject: Re: Mission from Hell [M]   Mission from Hell [M] - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 25, 2012 6:11 am

It took several moments for Reno to register what Tseng had said, and several more for him to find the will to move. Carefully he scooped Genesis into his arms, proving that his lithe frame hid more strength than many would ever be able to tell.

"You should have told me," he murmured. "I promised you..." His voice broke. "I meant that promise..."

Reno lapsed into silence again as he stepped into the chopper, carefully resting Genesis' body on the floor, pulling him into his arms again. He didn't care that he was soaked with blood, or that his husband was turning cold... He still couldn't let go.

He didn't look at the others, he didn't say anything to them - he knew they were just doing their job but he couldn't help but despise them for it, for their part in it. Even if it was what Genesis had wanted...

... It wasn't what Reno had wanted.
Back to top Go down
Genesis
ShinRa Captain
ShinRa Captain
Genesis

PostSubject: Re: Mission from Hell [M]   Mission from Hell [M] - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 25, 2012 7:12 am

Genesis looked up the face of the woman in front of him, and right away he knew just who she was. She was the Goddess, the same goddess mentioned in Loveless, the same one that Genesis lived practically his entire life by.

“Gen.”

Then he heard a man’s voice speaking softly to him, when a tall, strong dark haired man appeared next to the Goddess, one who Genesis recognized incredibly well from his past.

“Angeal,” he looked closely at the face of his old friend, and then closed his eyes, thinking back at who and what he had left back on the planet.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mission from Hell [M]   Mission from Hell [M] - Page 14 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mission from Hell [M]
Page 14 of 22Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 18 ... 22  Next