FFVII Revelations
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Final Fantasy VII Role-Play Forum. Two Characters Per Person.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Mission from Hell [M]

Go down 
+2
Reno Nevada
Sephiroth
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 22  Next
AuthorMessage
Sephiroth
Ancient / Cetra
Ancient / Cetra
Sephiroth

Title : One-Winged Angel

Mission from Hell [M] - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mission from Hell [M]   Mission from Hell [M] - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2012 9:14 am

The medics had given him a clean bill of health and mentally he had been too exhausted to bother making the trek to the lab. He would reports the physical and mental symptoms to Hojo at a later time. The door slid open and Sephiroth removed his boots, gloves, and coat before stripping the harness off, leaving them across his table and collapsed onto the couch.

The pain had become better but all that was left was emptiness and an urge to end it. He needed it to end, anything to make it do so. Sephiroth dropped his head and the hair fell around his face, his mind unresponsive as he sat in silence. He was the only one left, his friends were gone. Genesis' betrayal was final when he had asked him to do this. His friend's blood was on his hands, all at his request.

Eyes shut however Sephiroth did not move. He couldn't, not with the emptiness that threatened to shatter even him.
Back to top Go down
Zack
Calamity
Calamity
Zack

PostSubject: Re: Mission from Hell [M]   Mission from Hell [M] - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2012 8:50 pm

Zack had left Seph to the medics, he had taken his stuff to his room, had a shower.
He dressed down, he wasn't going on any missions anytime soon, so casual wear it was.

Afterwards he had then dropped off Tseng's big bag of Gongaga coffee beans.
He didn't see Tseng just left the bag on his desk with the receptionist giving him a weird look.
Her paranoid self standing guard in the door to make sure he didn't take anything.

Zack had left and along the way got a text assigning him to 'watch' Sephiroth.
He rolled his eyes at the order from the higher ups.
He was going to whether they wanted him to or not.

Pausing outside Seph's door, Zack just knocked.
"Hey Seph it's me. You okay in there?"
Zack slapped himself on the forehead.
Of Course Seph wasn't okay he'd been forced to kill his friend.
Zack's hand sub consciously touched his own throat.
Back to top Go down
Sephiroth
Ancient / Cetra
Ancient / Cetra
Sephiroth

PostSubject: Re: Mission from Hell [M]   Mission from Hell [M] - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2012 10:09 pm

It was habit, the automatic response to the knocking was to stand up and open it. It couldn't matter how much the emptiness threatened to consume him, eating away at him even now. The hollow gaze landed on Zack and then nodded briefly. How ironic that they even cared enough to send anyone to watch him. Death was nothing new, but he had refused the mission to Banora for a reason, and now he had been forced to take action.

"Come in."

He never expressed emotions, found no reason why to, but now they were threatening to eat him alive. He wanted it to end, the hollow feeling that seemed to encompass him. It tore at him with each passing moment and he sat down in silence as his eyes shut before he spoke. "No, I am not okay."

It was the closest he had ever come to expressing his own emotions, not even to Angeal and Genesis, but to Zack who seemed to not long ago break down every barrier. He cared for the other and it was much better that they had sent him. Only around Zack now could he let this barrier down he had so long crafted to perfection.
Back to top Go down
Zack
Calamity
Calamity
Zack

PostSubject: Re: Mission from Hell [M]   Mission from Hell [M] - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 08, 2012 6:21 am

Zack shut the door watching Seph sit down. He had never really seen Seph this upset. He knew Genesis meant alot to Seph. With Angeal gone and now Genesis. Seph well and truly had no one left.

Zack walked up to where Seph sat and knelt and wrapped his arms around him. He pulled Seph into a hug.
It was much like hos mother had done for him when one of the family pets died and he'd been sad as a kid.
It was a comfort for him then, he hoped Seph understood the gesture.
"I know how you feel... trust me."
Zack kissed the top of Seph's forehead softly.
Back to top Go down
Sephiroth
Ancient / Cetra
Ancient / Cetra
Sephiroth

PostSubject: Re: Mission from Hell [M]   Mission from Hell [M] - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 08, 2012 7:35 am

If anyone could understand what it felt like he was certain it would be Zack. He did not need to say anything, did not need to force himself to utter those words of weakness. The arms were warm around his bare shoulders, and though contact like this was not always welcomed by him he took it. Arms wrapped around Zack and he just held the warm body. Sephiroth dropped his head slightly and pressed his nose against Zack's hair, inhaling the scent of it. He just wanted to hold him, to hold onto something when his mind threatened to shatter.

This was all he had now, and he would not release him. It was all he had to cling to, now that his life had shattered before him. The fingers buried in the black hair as he held Zack close, unwilling to let the warmth go.
Back to top Go down
Zack
Calamity
Calamity
Zack

PostSubject: Re: Mission from Hell [M]   Mission from Hell [M] - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 08, 2012 8:43 am

Zack's hand rubbed Seph's back.
He hadn't really seen Sephiroth like this before, but he had done the same thing when he lost Angeal.
Zack had no one to comfort him then, but he had pushed on.
"Anything you need Seph. I'm here okay?"
He would not let Seph suffer or mourn alone.

Back to top Go down
Sephiroth
Ancient / Cetra
Ancient / Cetra
Sephiroth

PostSubject: Re: Mission from Hell [M]   Mission from Hell [M] - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 08, 2012 9:00 am

"Just stay here." he whispered as he held Zack close. That was all he needed right now, to know that he would not lose Zack the same way. With Genesis now gone there was nothing, not since Angeal was also gone. He didn't know how long he could stay in this place. Not when it was Shinra that suffocated Angeal and Genesis, made them betray him. And now it was Shinra that drained his life away.

Could they have not just let him go? No, Genesis needed to die, anything less would not be accepted. They had forced him to kill his friend as they would have force him to kill Angeal. He could not remain.

"I may leave Shinra."
Back to top Go down
Zack
Calamity
Calamity
Zack

PostSubject: Re: Mission from Hell [M]   Mission from Hell [M] - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 08, 2012 9:11 am

"Promise I'll stay." Zack's mouth moved softly.
"I understand. Where you go I'll follow Seph." He smiled.
He let out a soft breath. "Even if it's to your own version of hell... I'll be there."
He ran his hand through Seph's hair.
Back to top Go down
Sephiroth
Ancient / Cetra
Ancient / Cetra
Sephiroth

PostSubject: Re: Mission from Hell [M]   Mission from Hell [M] - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 08, 2012 9:43 am

The idea of that was unusual, for any to follow him so willingly even when he had not asked. Sephiroth knew that Zack would not be following him because he was their leader, however could he truly sentence Zack to a life on the run? He was a leader, but for a cause he no longer felt Shinra truly believed in. "I could not ask you to abandon your career for my sake."

But the hand on his hair felt good, a comforting touch he did not feel often. It had been years, not since he was much younger. Some of the memories didn't even feel like memories, just a distant feeling of the familiar feeling and the voice of a man who most certainly was not Hojo. Was his life already too long that he could not even remember anything but the man's voice and the feel of his hand?

Silently he held Zack close. He would reach his decision later, for now this was enough. But truly he did not know if he could continue to fight for Shinra, not after what they had done, or the orders they had given him.
Back to top Go down
Zack
Calamity
Calamity
Zack

PostSubject: Re: Mission from Hell [M]   Mission from Hell [M] - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 08, 2012 9:56 am

Zack had expected that sort of reply from Seph.
"I admit I joined for a career in the military, so I could help my family and become a hero. But since I joined there were other reasons that out weighed those reasons for me to stay. Angeal was the main reason. Then there was you." His voice softened. "At first I thought it was just you know hero worship."
He could feel his cheeks heatin up at the confession. "It wasn't until that mission where Angeal betrayed us, that I realized there was something more I felt."
Holding Seph close. "When Angeal left I wanted to leave too, but it was you who got me to stay without even saying a thing, seeing you so irritated. I knew I needed to stay... for you."
Back to top Go down
Sephiroth
Ancient / Cetra
Ancient / Cetra
Sephiroth

PostSubject: Re: Mission from Hell [M]   Mission from Hell [M] - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 08, 2012 10:27 am

He was the reason Zack remained...

It felt unusual to be hearing it now however it stirred something else inside of him. He couldn't stay here, not when the rulers of this company thought to make him destroy his own friends. They had been the only family he had ever known and now they were gone.

"In the next week I will likely be departing."

Any loyalty he once had to them was broken, shattered, however he could not escape without planning first, and he knew that Zack would not allow him to leave alone.
Back to top Go down
Zack
Calamity
Calamity
Zack

PostSubject: Re: Mission from Hell [M]   Mission from Hell [M] - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 08, 2012 10:31 am

Zack nodded his head slowly. "when you know how you're going to do this, let me know what you need."
He touched the side of Seph's face. "I'll help you anyway possible." He placed a soft kiss on Seph's lips.
He owed Seph for returning feeling that he thought had been unrequited.
Even if had ended up being unrequited. He would still help and follow him.
Back to top Go down
Sephiroth
Ancient / Cetra
Ancient / Cetra
Sephiroth

PostSubject: Re: Mission from Hell [M]   Mission from Hell [M] - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 08, 2012 11:04 am

"I shall, I promise."

It would be foolish to even attempt to leave without Zack however staying hidden would require a great deal. There were things that would need to be completed before anything else could happen, but that was for another time. Instead he focused on Zack's presence and the warm kiss that seemed to try to chase away the hollowness he felt. The embrace was warm and he held Zack close.

"I could never leave you."
Back to top Go down
Zack
Calamity
Calamity
Zack

PostSubject: Re: Mission from Hell [M]   Mission from Hell [M] - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 08, 2012 12:53 pm

Zack continued to hold Seph. It was good to hear him say that.
He was sure his heart would break if Seph did.
They only just discovered these feelings. It took him long enough to realize.
Zack pulled Seph to lie down and he wrapped himself round Seph.
Fingers trailing through the long silver hair.
Coaxing him to relax more. He wouldn't leave his side tonight.
He knew it, he had stayed with Aerith in the church after Angeal had died.
Spent the night sleeping on the hard wooden floor.
She had been the only one to hold him, it had eased his mind by morning.
"And I won't leave you. I'm going to be here all night."
He hoped he could have the safe affect on Seph.
Back to top Go down
Tseng
ShinRa Captain
ShinRa Captain
Tseng

PostSubject: Re: Mission from Hell [M]   Mission from Hell [M] - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 08, 2012 2:25 pm

"Forget about that for now, Reno." Tseng said softly and held his hand out to him as he stood up. "Just.. come inside ok? We can talk better in there." He knew Reno thought he'd be killed still for betraying them, but Tseng had no intent of letting that happen. No matter what the President and protocol told him to do, he wasn't about to abandon Reno.
Back to top Go down
Reno Nevada
First Class
First Class
Reno Nevada

PostSubject: Re: Mission from Hell [M]   Mission from Hell [M] - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 08, 2012 3:52 pm

Reno gave a small nod and took his hand, slowly getting to his feet with a quiet sigh, leaning into him again with a sigh. "Someone needs to watch Seph," he murmured softly, running his fingers through his hair and trying to regain some control of his brain. "This hit him hard, too."

He didn't expect Seph to do anything stupid, he was stronger than Reno... but he didn't expect having to kill his friend to not weigh on the only General left.

"I want to see him before we go," he said, straightening up again. "He needs to know I... I don't blame him."
Back to top Go down
Sephiroth
Ancient / Cetra
Ancient / Cetra
Sephiroth

PostSubject: Re: Mission from Hell [M]   Mission from Hell [M] - Page 16 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 1:15 am

Normally he would have never been one to allow a subordinate to convince him to do things, or even watch over him, but this was different. He had mourned in silence upon hearing of Angeal's death, had struggled through it alone, but that was as he wished. Now that Genesis was gone however he had nothing left. Nothing except for the young man who pressed close to him.

They had not been allowed any time to even truly explore this new relationship, however there was still relief in having Zack so near. The touch was comforting and he only held Zack against his body and savored the warmth. He could not say anything more, did not even trust his voice, as unusual as it seemed, so he just held him.

Nothing else mattered, just as he was not left along with the feelings that welled their way through him. Just so he could always feel that warm body there.
Back to top Go down
Tseng
ShinRa Captain
ShinRa Captain
Tseng

PostSubject: Re: Mission from Hell [M]   Mission from Hell [M] - Page 16 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 5:56 am

Tseng nodded at Reno. "I'm sure Fair is seeing to him, but if it makes you feel a little better you can go visit him in the morning, ok?" He said and guided him slowly into the building, heading to his office. There were things they had to discuss that wouldn't be able to wait, no matter how much Tseng wanted to give Reno time to mourn.
Back to top Go down
Reno Nevada
First Class
First Class
Reno Nevada

PostSubject: Re: Mission from Hell [M]   Mission from Hell [M] - Page 16 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 6:07 am

Reno nodded silently, letting Tseng guide him, knowing that he wasn't going to get to curl into a ball just yet. He didn't know if he had the answers Tseng would be looking for - it wasn't as though he could do much thinking as it was.

"Don't get pissed if I don't have the answers you're looking for," he said softly, looking to Tseng. "I don't need an inquisition. Not tonight. I want to shower, lay down if not sleep and then see him in the morning. I know the scientists aren't going to let me near him tonight... I'm not stupid..."
Back to top Go down
Tseng
ShinRa Captain
ShinRa Captain
Tseng

PostSubject: Re: Mission from Hell [M]   Mission from Hell [M] - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2012 4:26 am

Tseng shook his head. "I wouldn't fully expect you to be able to answer every question, but you know I need to ask them for the record, whether you answer of not." He guided him into his office and gestured to the couch, locking the door behind them so no one would interrupt them. "Just relax and rest a bit, Reno." Tseng said as reached up and unhooked the security camera's power cable. "You can talk freely now."
Back to top Go down
Reno Nevada
First Class
First Class
Reno Nevada

PostSubject: Re: Mission from Hell [M]   Mission from Hell [M] - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2012 4:38 am

Reno curled into the corner of the couch, his back pressed firmly into it as though he was trying to distance himself from the situation. It had felt like forever since he'd rested on something so artificially soft - it made him miss the soft sand and silt by the river in which they had drank and bathed. The tears pricked at the corner of his eyes again and he gave a quiet sniff, trying to will them away before they fell, even though he knew it was hopeless to try.

"Gonna doctor my answers so they're nearer acceptable?" he said quietly with the hint of a wry smile. "Might have a big job on your hands if that's what you're going to try."
Back to top Go down
Tseng
ShinRa Captain
ShinRa Captain
Tseng

PostSubject: Re: Mission from Hell [M]   Mission from Hell [M] - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 14, 2012 10:30 am

"Something like that." Tseng nodded and stepped over towards the couch, sitting down beside Reno but not too close so the red head could pick the space he wanted between them. "Reno, I am truly sorry that you lost someone you loved." He said honestly, but it was the quiet unsaid part that that person was Genesis that he never said out loud.

"I know that it my be very hard on you right now for losing him, as it will be for the General to have to kill someone he classed as an actual friend." Tseng shook his head and looked down at his hands on his lap. "I am sorry it turned out that way, I just could risk losing you.. not again."
Back to top Go down
Reno Nevada
First Class
First Class
Reno Nevada

PostSubject: Re: Mission from Hell [M]   Mission from Hell [M] - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 14, 2012 10:36 am

"You make it sound like I'm more than the fuck up and universal excuse I've continually been told I am," he muttered, not entirely joking. "ShinRa would have never taken him back... I had no choice, Tseng. After thinking he abandoned me for two years... knowing that he wanted me with him... It was the first time someone wanted me for something other than my job." He subconsciously rubbed his wedding ring with his thumb as he spoke, not quite able to look at Tseng. "It wasn't meant to end like this..."
Back to top Go down
Tseng
ShinRa Captain
ShinRa Captain
Tseng

PostSubject: Re: Mission from Hell [M]   Mission from Hell [M] - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 14, 2012 10:39 am

Tseng blinked and looked at Reno then looked down again before he could catch the hurt in Tseng's eyes. "I am sorry you feel that way." He said softly, getting up with the intent of going to his desk to get this started.
Back to top Go down
Reno Nevada
First Class
First Class
Reno Nevada

PostSubject: Re: Mission from Hell [M]   Mission from Hell [M] - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 14, 2012 10:45 am

"Come on, Tseng - when was the last time you called me to go for a drink, or just hang out? You put up with me for as long as you had to, to make sure I was good enough to not get myself killed and then you tossed me aside and only looked me up if you needed me to work. I kept reaching out and you kept retreating further away - what am I meant to think? My only friend wanted nothing to do with me, my lover was gone... I was alone and no one even paused to notice that maybe I wasn't coping."

He didn't mean to sound as angry as he did, and he perhaps didn't even mean half of what he was saying. He was hurting and lashing out at the only person he could.

"Is it any surprise that when he turned up out of nowhere that I chose what I knew would be fleeting happiness over another weekend alone because you won't even look at me since you found out about me and Gen."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mission from Hell [M]   Mission from Hell [M] - Page 16 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mission from Hell [M]
Page 16 of 22Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 22  Next