FFVII Revelations
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Final Fantasy VII Role-Play Forum. Two Characters Per Person.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Critical: The Direction of This Board [Discussion]

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Cloud
Remnant
Remnant
Cloud

Title : The Hero

Critical: The Direction of This Board [Discussion] Empty
PostSubject: Critical: The Direction of This Board [Discussion]   Critical: The Direction of This Board [Discussion] Icon_minitimeWed May 01, 2013 10:37 am

Hello everyone. Let me begin with an update of the current situation: So, as some of you may know, following the current events happening in Edge, Nero and Aerith are both going to be killed off sent back to the Lifestream. Aerith, who also plays Weiss, will be leaving the board. For myself, I can say that real life and other commitments are just not giving me the time to properly play three characters here anymore, but I will still be RPing actively on Cloud and Vincent.

Anyway, at this point now, the events at Edge have become a lot more dramatic than I had planned, which works for me since this will be Nero's last stand, but it presents the possibility of possibly moving the board to "End-Game" stage. What I mean is, we could move the board towards wrapping things up.

I will say that even if Nero is off'd, we still have many more plot points to wrap up, such as:
  • Four Antagonists: Rosso, Yazoo, Loz and Hojo
  • Jenova's hibernation
  • Jenova cells in Zack, Yazoo and Loz
  • The Negative Lifestream
  • Hojo's 'ownership' of Chaos
  • Etcetera
So, even if we start wrapping things up, it'll take a long-ass time before we are done. As someone who has been playing the Main Antagonist for the past six or so months, I can tell you... we're on a board where it's not exactly easy to bring something new to the front. I, personally, think it would be easier if we moved into the end-game stage and began working with what we have.

To remind you all, this board began in August of 2011. I've been on this board since October of 2011 and I can say that we've all had our fair share of hell and high-water, but it's not with ease that I am offering the idea of moving it to end-game. I do care about this board and the community and friends we've all made here, but I have to admit that being an antagonist here isn't easy. XD

Anyway, I have talked to Zack about it, and we think it's a good idea just to let everyone have a chance to say what they think on the matter and discuss what they think would be best. Once that's all in the open, the Staff will get together and talk about it, but there is no way we can discuss the direction of the board without giving you guys an honest chance to express how you feel. So just say whatever you feel. Your feelings are valid, and we'll still stick together as an RP community even after the "End-game" stage. <3
Back to top Go down
http://remembrance123.tumblr.com/WhereToFindMe
Cloud
Remnant
Remnant
Cloud

Title : The Hero

PostSubject: Re: Critical: The Direction of This Board [Discussion]   Critical: The Direction of This Board [Discussion] Icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2013 3:24 am

... don't all speak up at once.
Back to top Go down
http://remembrance123.tumblr.com/WhereToFindMe
Reno Nevada
First Class
First Class
Reno Nevada

PostSubject: Re: Critical: The Direction of This Board [Discussion]   Critical: The Direction of This Board [Discussion] Icon_minitimeMon May 06, 2013 11:52 am

I think bringing the Main storyline to a comfortable close, where everything is resolved and people just need to rebuild normal lives while the planet recovers... is the best idea. It can then be locked so we can read it back and enjoy it as a "community fanfic". Then start a new main thread where we can change the storyline and have people involved from the start and able to use their characters completely as they want, rather than minor amendments to accommodate previous RPers and incidences.
Back to top Go down
Angeal
Shinra Janitor
Shinra Janitor
Angeal

PostSubject: Re: Critical: The Direction of This Board [Discussion]   Critical: The Direction of This Board [Discussion] Icon_minitimeMon May 06, 2013 1:56 pm

What Reno said (too early to add much else)
Back to top Go down
Zack
Calamity
Calamity
Zack

PostSubject: Re: Critical: The Direction of This Board [Discussion]   Critical: The Direction of This Board [Discussion] Icon_minitimeMon May 06, 2013 3:32 pm

and that way I can use it as an end focus for my doujinshi... hoping I can get it that far ;p
Back to top Go down
Cissnei
Shinra Janitor
Shinra Janitor
Cissnei

PostSubject: Re: Critical: The Direction of This Board [Discussion]   Critical: The Direction of This Board [Discussion] Icon_minitimeTue May 07, 2013 2:36 am

I fourth that vote ^.^

Reno is so smart at times tongue
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Critical: The Direction of This Board [Discussion]   Critical: The Direction of This Board [Discussion] Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Critical: The Direction of This Board [Discussion]
Page 1 of 1