FFVII Revelations
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Final Fantasy VII Role-Play Forum. Two Characters Per Person.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Staff Member & Board Discussion!

Go down 
+2
Sephiroth
Cloud
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Cloud
Remnant
Remnant
Cloud

Title : The Hero

New Staff Member & Board Discussion! Empty
PostSubject: New Staff Member & Board Discussion!   New Staff Member & Board Discussion! Icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2012 4:42 pm

Hello everyone! So myself, Cloud and Nero, would like to inform all our beautiful members about a little change! For one, I have stepped up to the Staff level once again! (Right now I'm admin, because the staff level seems to be having a couple issues and Zack wanted to go to bed XD.) For those that don't know, long ago, along with Lifestream, Vep and the old Genesis, and Zack, I was one of the mods here! I stepped down due to personal issues, and I mentioned to Zack that I would like to, once again, step up to be a staff. She decided she could use the extra help and here I am!

We also discussed possible changes for the board, and we decided it would be best to open it up to all of you and create a discussion.
(This is also partial to the fact that Seph, who's a sleepyhead, has had no say in the manner yet, XD)

I wanted to talk about the Lurker membergroup.

The idea came from a board Zack was previously on, for members who didn't want to RP but who liked to chat and whatnot. While it sounded like a good idea, it doesn't seem that the membergroup itself is working in that way. Zack and I have both agreed that it kinda seems like a dump where we put members who have been absent/have left. We want to do something with it, because it is kind of a mess that we've pushed along for a while now (in fact, it had been a mess when I was last a mod, back in Octo-November of 2011).

The original use of this rank was a chatting rank. We can keep it this way, and maybe even try to promote it to be used in this manner. My personal opinion is to remove the rank because it isn't working. But we could also do something like, giving someone a grace period to look around and see if they want to join?

What are YOUR thoughts on the Lurker membergroup? Let's get a discussion going, and maybe we can revive it, throw it out, or find a completely different use for it! :3

Last edited by Cloud on Sat May 18, 2013 8:55 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://remembrance123.tumblr.com/WhereToFindMe

PostSubject: Re: New Staff Member & Board Discussion!   New Staff Member & Board Discussion! Icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2012 4:45 pm

Aaaaaaaaaaand, even with admin powers I'm still experiencing trouble. Just worry about replying for now, we'll finish technicalities later.
Back to top Go down
Sephiroth
Ancient / Cetra
Ancient / Cetra
Sephiroth

Title : One-Winged Angel

PostSubject: Re: New Staff Member & Board Discussion!   New Staff Member & Board Discussion! Icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2012 8:15 pm

Heh, I'm not meant to be up past 3 in the morning. Anyway I personally say the lurker member group can go, as really it is not being used. I think we need to all be able to chat sometime to really discuss things.

But yeah, if you get on before Zack plays with permissions if you let me know what permissions are off I can take a look at it.
Back to top Go down
Kadaj
Third Class
Third Class
Kadaj

PostSubject: Re: New Staff Member & Board Discussion!   New Staff Member & Board Discussion! Icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2012 8:21 pm

The Lurker group does tend to pretty much be, as you said, dead accounts or otherwise disinterested accounts (people who joined but never got further).

Perhaps there should be a statute put in place? If you leave without reason or explanation then it goes to a 'Hiatus' status, and after a certain length of time if the user has still not been in touch with the forum or any of the members then the account is deleted?

That way people, like yourself Cloud, could keep their account because they provided an explanation of their hiatus and had a real intent to return.

It would be separate from the "inactive for a month makes the character up for claim should a new user want it".
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Staff Member & Board Discussion!   New Staff Member & Board Discussion! Icon_minitimeSat Dec 01, 2012 3:16 am

I'm more keen to send it to the fires, but I kind of like the idea Kadaj. Maybe a grace period of sorts? I kind of like the idea, but I think we'd have to define a more... concrete policy on it. Like if you just disappear for a three weeks (posting in the OOC or someone relaying a message is fine) you get dropped to Pinkness, and two weeks in there and you're gone? Five weeks grace period in total? Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
Sephiroth
Ancient / Cetra
Ancient / Cetra
Sephiroth

PostSubject: Re: New Staff Member & Board Discussion!   New Staff Member & Board Discussion! Icon_minitimeSat Dec 01, 2012 3:27 am

I'd say yes, unless you have given a legitimate excuse to the staff with intent to return. As it is we have quite a few empty accounts that haven't been touched in a long time. Either way we do this I believe the rules need to be concrete an enforced.
Back to top Go down
Cloud
Remnant
Remnant
Cloud

PostSubject: Re: New Staff Member & Board Discussion!   New Staff Member & Board Discussion! Icon_minitimeSat Dec 01, 2012 3:57 am

I agree with Seph. I mean, the Absent-Leave-Form is the best way to keep the entire board informed. If you slip away because you just slip away, for five whole weeks, then, yeah. I mean, you can always remake your character-account worse comes to worse, anyway, right?
Back to top Go down
Sephiroth
Ancient / Cetra
Ancient / Cetra
Sephiroth

PostSubject: Re: New Staff Member & Board Discussion!   New Staff Member & Board Discussion! Icon_minitimeSat Dec 01, 2012 4:00 am

Yeah, we'd have to discuss reapplying for the character but personally I think it'd be rather easy if they've proved themselves capable of playing the character beforehand.
Back to top Go down
Cloud
Remnant
Remnant
Cloud

PostSubject: Re: New Staff Member & Board Discussion!   New Staff Member & Board Discussion! Icon_minitimeSat Dec 01, 2012 4:12 am

Yeah.

I guess it also kind of brings up what do we want to do with the old accounts and the old "meet the RPer" threads, too.

Discuss!
Back to top Go down
Sephiroth
Ancient / Cetra
Ancient / Cetra
Sephiroth

PostSubject: Re: New Staff Member & Board Discussion!   New Staff Member & Board Discussion! Icon_minitimeSat Dec 01, 2012 4:35 am

From what I see we could go one of two way, we can delete the old topics/accounts, however that will leave some holes in threads where the poster will be labeled as 'guest' such as in the RPs. As it is right now we change their names and drop them to the lurker position or if it's a second character delete the account completely.

So that leaves open the discussion of what we want to do, how do we want to have the names displayed, do we mind them as guests?
Back to top Go down
Kadaj
Third Class
Third Class
Kadaj

PostSubject: Re: New Staff Member & Board Discussion!   New Staff Member & Board Discussion! Icon_minitimeSat Dec 01, 2012 8:08 am

I have no issue with the "Guest" posts from when an account has been completely deactivated - it keeps the important stuff in Main there, because unless we wanted to completely restart things, removing those sorts of posts would render a lot of the RP empty *chuckles*

Most of the time it isn't hard to figure out which character the 'Guest' account is, so it shouldn't be too much of a problem.

I'm all for clearing out the "About the RPer" forum of the inactive accounts - though maybe we could also have the opportunity to write new ones, too, if we're active? AU RPs where one or more of the RPers is inactive could be offered to be archived with the remaining members' permission?
Back to top Go down
Sephiroth
Ancient / Cetra
Ancient / Cetra
Sephiroth

PostSubject: Re: New Staff Member & Board Discussion!   New Staff Member & Board Discussion! Icon_minitimeSat Dec 01, 2012 8:27 am

I know as far as the yaoi threads go we did it before, a while ago. Other members I'm pretty sure have gone inactive since then and some finished but they can be archived too. Anyways if they were archived they would still be around, just not visible.
Back to top Go down
Kadaj
Third Class
Third Class
Kadaj

PostSubject: Re: New Staff Member & Board Discussion!   New Staff Member & Board Discussion! Icon_minitimeSat Dec 01, 2012 9:59 am

Could there be a public archive for finished RPs? Otherwise we'll have to start copying and pasting... XD!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Staff Member & Board Discussion!   New Staff Member & Board Discussion! Icon_minitimeSat Dec 01, 2012 10:32 am

I'm with Kadaj. Guest accounts are fine. Plus, I mean having pictures of the old Seph/Kadaj/etc may be confusing. As the old Cloud quit, as the inheritor, I prefer the guest.

I say delete the old about the RPer's, too.

And for archiving, I think Forumotion has hidden boards, that we can provide the link to on-site. So its both public and hidden. I may be wrong.
Back to top Go down
Denzel
Third Class
Third Class
Denzel

Title : The Child Soldier

PostSubject: Re: New Staff Member & Board Discussion!   New Staff Member & Board Discussion! Icon_minitimeSat Dec 01, 2012 10:34 am

I'll have to look around to see about the hidden boards, I know that there's at least ones you can set for only certain member ranks to view.
Back to top Go down
Zack
Calamity
Calamity
Zack

PostSubject: Re: New Staff Member & Board Discussion!   New Staff Member & Board Discussion! Icon_minitimeSat Dec 01, 2012 4:16 pm

Well I was doing a grace period with the lurkers... I'm in the middle of talking to our old reeve to see if she wants to come back.

So pretty right now it's delete most in there, they're not coming back, they would of by now.
So just ditch the rest leave former Cloud and Reeve.
Former Cloud pops in to say hi now and again though... so yeah everyone else can go.

Back to top Go down
Tseng
ShinRa Captain
ShinRa Captain
Tseng

PostSubject: Re: New Staff Member & Board Discussion!   New Staff Member & Board Discussion! Icon_minitimeSat Dec 01, 2012 9:13 pm

as long as you leave the wife's two accounts lol, she really will come back

5am is too early for me to be awake *crawls back to bed*
Back to top Go down
Sephiroth
Ancient / Cetra
Ancient / Cetra
Sephiroth

PostSubject: Re: New Staff Member & Board Discussion!   New Staff Member & Board Discussion! Icon_minitimeSat Dec 01, 2012 9:52 pm

Heh well they're still there as members, if we have all agreed on this I can start deleting accounts if you'd like me to Zack, also in other news the sis expressed interest in returning to play Genesis if allowed.
Back to top Go down
Zack
Calamity
Calamity
Zack

PostSubject: Re: New Staff Member & Board Discussion!   New Staff Member & Board Discussion! Icon_minitimeSun Dec 02, 2012 10:39 am

Seph that's fine to both... ^^ you can start deleting tomorrow is my last day for the week for work then I gotta a clean up to do on my weekend, this coming Sat there's um a end of year work do at my place ;p

Every time I start work I get a "So party at your place?" I feel like I'm 17 again lul lul
Back to top Go down
Sephiroth
Ancient / Cetra
Ancient / Cetra
Sephiroth

PostSubject: Re: New Staff Member & Board Discussion!   New Staff Member & Board Discussion! Icon_minitimeSun Dec 02, 2012 10:49 am

Sure thing, and take your time, but when you do have time we need the swordsmith, or if you would like I can ask someone else to play him using the npc account.
Back to top Go down
Zack
Calamity
Calamity
Zack

PostSubject: Re: New Staff Member & Board Discussion!   New Staff Member & Board Discussion! Icon_minitimeSun Dec 02, 2012 11:26 am

I can post tonight just on dinner atm! We had 82 / 28 degrees today so cranking out the BBQ
Back to top Go down
Kadaj
Third Class
Third Class
Kadaj

PostSubject: Re: New Staff Member & Board Discussion!   New Staff Member & Board Discussion! Icon_minitimeSun Dec 02, 2012 11:36 am

Oooh nice XD BBQs are awesome =)

I still think the old man should suddenly appear behind him, in classic anime style XD
Back to top Go down
Sephiroth
Ancient / Cetra
Ancient / Cetra
Sephiroth

PostSubject: Re: New Staff Member & Board Discussion!   New Staff Member & Board Discussion! Icon_minitimeSun Dec 02, 2012 11:36 am

Woo! Nice and warm, lurker accounts deleted and meet the rper board cleared up.
Back to top Go down
Zack
Calamity
Calamity
Zack

PostSubject: Re: New Staff Member & Board Discussion!   New Staff Member & Board Discussion! Icon_minitimeSun Dec 02, 2012 12:06 pm

Awesome looks better ^^

and yeah BBQ was good I'm stuffed now @____@
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Staff Member & Board Discussion!   New Staff Member & Board Discussion! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Staff Member & Board Discussion!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
FFVII Revelations :: General Discussion :: Chocobo Nest-
Jump to:  
Switch Accounts

Username:

Password: