FFVII Revelations
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Final Fantasy VII Role-Play Forum. Two Characters Per Person.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Final Fantasy Main Story RP ARC VIII

Go down 
+11
Dark Nation
NPC
Kadaj
Cissnei
Yazoo
Reno Nevada
Tseng
Sephiroth
Denzel
Rufus
Zack
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 26 ... 33  Next
AuthorMessage
Cloud
Remnant
Remnant
Cloud

Title : The Hero

Final Fantasy Main Story RP ARC VIII - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy Main Story RP ARC VIII   Final Fantasy Main Story RP ARC VIII - Page 20 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2012 6:24 am

Zack, I just got out of the hospital,
where the hell are you? And
where is Sephiroth, Denzel
and the rest?

Cloud probably should not have been texting while driving, especially not when Fenrir was roaring louder than ever. Slipping his PHS into his back pocket, the blond moved his hand back to the handlebars. He leaned his body to the side and dodged a massive rock. The stupid nurse had insisted on him staying another three days. Yeah. That was going to happen. Jenova's on the loose, Zack's probably in danger (as much as he'd come to trust Sephiroth in the recent weeks, that had been all revoked), and more than anything... he needed to talk to Denzel.

He knew it was probably too late. Rufus was a bastard and everyone around him was even more of a bastard. He didn't know if Denzel had received any injections or enhancements, but he hopped to Shiva and back that it wasn't too late.

It was only then that he saw something from the corner of his goggles. Silver hair. Short. But what really made him frown was the fact that he was wearing a Turk uniform. So Rufus gets Denzel and one of the remnants? As he zoomed closer to the other, he tried to tell who it was. The frame was too small to be Loz, and it was only after Fenrir had slowed down and parked next to the wandering idiot, that Cloud muttered "Kadaj."
Back to top Go down
http://remembrance123.tumblr.com/WhereToFindMe
Kadaj
Third Class
Third Class
Kadaj

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy Main Story RP ARC VIII   Final Fantasy Main Story RP ARC VIII - Page 20 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2012 6:36 am

His heart gave a slight flutter of panic as the motorbike seemed to zero in on him, but there was nowhere for him to go but further down the road. He kept his head slightly down and tried to ignore it but he couldn't continue to play ignorant as it stopped beside him.

He didn't hear the muttered name but there was something about the blonde man that seemed to warn him that he was another who would claim to know who he was. There was also that he was on the road to Healin, which led to nowhere else that he knew of.

"I'm sorry, can I help you?" He asked politely, meeting the man's gaze.
Back to top Go down
Sephiroth
Ancient / Cetra
Ancient / Cetra
Sephiroth

Title : One-Winged Angel

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy Main Story RP ARC VIII   Final Fantasy Main Story RP ARC VIII - Page 20 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2012 6:41 am

With everything packed away they would be able to leave quickly, that would be in their favor, especially if that man betrayed him. This was a dangerous game he played however he would not relent. He would not bow to them even if captured. "Good, it will make this quicker."

Sephiroth glanced over towards Zack and sighed slightly. "Aid Reno where you can, Reno if you don't want his aid give him a bone to stay out of the way."

Shoulders rolled backwards and Sephiroth pushed himself off the wall. The empty coffee mug was placed down as Sephiroth turned towards the steps.
Back to top Go down
Cloud
Remnant
Remnant
Cloud

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy Main Story RP ARC VIII   Final Fantasy Main Story RP ARC VIII - Page 20 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2012 6:44 am

Can you help me?

"Yeah. Where the hell are the others?" He was still waiting for Zack's reply, but he wasn't expecting anytime soon. Healin' had been his best bet, but he couldn't have been sure. "I take it you escaped WRO just fine, good for you." He was fighting back an unleveled amount of built-up, bottled-up rage from exploding. He took one glance at the silver haired teen and sensed no aggression.

That didn't put his guard down, though.

He took one look at Reno's outfit and frowned, "Why the hell are you working for ShinRa?"
Back to top Go down
Kadaj
Third Class
Third Class
Kadaj

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy Main Story RP ARC VIII   Final Fantasy Main Story RP ARC VIII - Page 20 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2012 6:50 am

If he hadn't been sure that the man was headed to Healin, he was now - and this one was far more aggressive than the others had been. Not even Denzel, who had attacked him, made him feel as threatened as he did at that moment.

"I don't know what you're talking about," he said slowly, frowning with confusion. "What is a WRO and what is ShinRa?" He noticed that he kept looking at the suit he was wearing. "I... these clothes were given to me because I didn't have any of my own. I'm really sorry, sir, but you're asking the wrong person for answers. There are people at Healin but... I don't know if they're who you are looking for."

He took a hesitant step away from the bike and further down the road. "I hope you find what you're seeking," he offered with a slightly confused smile.
Back to top Go down
Reno Nevada
First Class
First Class
Reno Nevada

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy Main Story RP ARC VIII   Final Fantasy Main Story RP ARC VIII - Page 20 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2012 6:54 am

There was a beat before Reno burst into laughter. For once his mind didn't go down his usual perverse route - which it very easily could have done - but instead latched onto the old comparisons of the SOLDIER to an overly excited puppy.

"Oh... oh gods..." He laughed, trying to wipe away the tears. "I... There...." He burst into further hysterics, unable to do more than shake his head. After a moment he began to calm again, wiping the last of the tears of laughter. "There is something all the more beautiful about it being said by him. Oh... oh my sides... I needed that. The way he deadpanned it was genius!"
Back to top Go down
Cloud
Remnant
Remnant
Cloud

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy Main Story RP ARC VIII   Final Fantasy Main Story RP ARC VIII - Page 20 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2012 7:07 am

Cloud wasn't completely sure if he could trust the remnants confusion. He looked confused and it seemed real, plus Kadaj was never good at holding back his emotions from their previous encounter--but this could easily, easily be Jenova's smoke and mirrors. He was tentative, but spoke again. "Kadaj... If you don't work for Shin-Ra, who gave you those clothes?"

His stare was focused, but it wasn't necessarily angry.
Back to top Go down
Kadaj
Third Class
Third Class
Kadaj

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy Main Story RP ARC VIII   Final Fantasy Main Story RP ARC VIII - Page 20 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2012 7:11 am

He paused as he tried to remember if it had been the woman or his supposed brother. "I think her name was Cissnei? She had red hair... apparently it was the only thing in the wardrobe? I'm not sure why it's important?"

He didn't want to argue that the name the man was using wasn't the name he wanted, that he wasn't sure if he wanted to claim that name back or if he wanted to wait and find one that fit better. The longer he kept quiet, though, the more it niggled at him.

"Please don't use that name," he murmured, looking away. "I don't know who that person is, and I don't want to. I don't have a name."
Back to top Go down
Cloud
Remnant
Remnant
Cloud

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy Main Story RP ARC VIII   Final Fantasy Main Story RP ARC VIII - Page 20 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2012 7:22 am

Cloud raised an eyebrow at that but nodded, "Alright... if you don't have a name then what do you want me to call you?"

So he met up with Cissnei? He never really met her, but he'd been informed about her. She was a Turk, which would explain the outfit. "The people that gave you those clothes are ShinRa... a company that doesn't have the best of intentions." Why was he explaining this? Could he trust this feigned innocence?

I could kill him, right here. Eliminate one of the remnants... for good. He pursed his lips, thinking.
Back to top Go down
Kadaj
Third Class
Third Class
Kadaj

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy Main Story RP ARC VIII   Final Fantasy Main Story RP ARC VIII - Page 20 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2012 7:34 am

He paused as he realised it was a good question - he couldn't have no name. Everything had a designation, and a name was his own.

"I really don't know," he admitted, brow knitted as he tried to find something fitting. "I don't who I am to know if the name is right. All I know is that 'Kadaj' is whatever I once was, and something I have a feeling I don't want to be again. Can't be again."

He listened to the man, allowing the words to mingle with the others that had been said. His stance, like the other two's, was just as wholly different. He gave a defeated sigh. "It seems everyone is saying that about everyone else. I don't know who I can trust. I can't even trust myself - there's nothing in here," he tapped his head lightly, "to trust. I'm empty... it's why I'm trying to get away. I need to fill myself with who I am - not what everyone wants me to be."
Back to top Go down
Cloud
Remnant
Remnant
Cloud

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy Main Story RP ARC VIII   Final Fantasy Main Story RP ARC VIII - Page 20 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2012 7:44 am

He listened and his guard began to lower. This sounds... familiar. He didn't want to admit it, but self-identity problems were nothing new to him. In fact, Kadaj was dealing with it rather well, better than he was... mopping around for a couple years. He paused, thinking what to say, then opened his mouth with hesitation.

"A name isn't important. There's nothing in a name." He looked over to the silver-haired remnant and shrugged. "If I was called 'Cloud', or if I was called 'Zack', it wouldn't change who I am. I wouldn't become someone else with another name." He pursed his lips, "Most people don't choose their own names, you know. Their parents choose it for them. Some people like their name, others hate it. I got picked on, when I was young, because my name was Cloud.

"Kids thought it was funny to be named after white fluff in the sky," he continued. "I didn't like it, but it's not like I could change it. I'm Cloud, but that doesn't mean anything. You can be whoever you want. You could be a destroyer, a mad scientist, or you could even spend your days selling flowers in the slums that you grew in a church. Just because your name is 'Kadaj' won't determine any of that."
Back to top Go down
Kadaj
Third Class
Third Class
Kadaj

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy Main Story RP ARC VIII   Final Fantasy Main Story RP ARC VIII - Page 20 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2012 7:51 am

"I think..." He began hesitantly, worried about how it would sound. "I think I'm more worried about what that name seems to mean to everyone else. Whoever I once was? I know I can't have been a good person. I can't have been. The way people look at me, the way they treat me - even you. I don't know who you are but you, like Denzel, would probably have attacked me on sight."

He sighed and sat on the railing, knowing that Cloud could push him over the edge - and feeling that perhaps he deserved it. "I don't want to know why Kadaj deserves it... but I don't remember that person. Is it wrong that I want to escape his past?"

He looked up at the man, wanting an answer - was it wrong to want to run from past misdeeds that he doesn't even remember?
Back to top Go down
Cloud
Remnant
Remnant
Cloud

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy Main Story RP ARC VIII   Final Fantasy Main Story RP ARC VIII - Page 20 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2012 8:00 am

"Maybe." Was Cloud's answer. He sighs, still not sure if he should believe all of this, but something was telling him to do so. To believe without verifying. A leap of faith he couldn't take, but... Denzel. Denzel attacked him, on sight? He wasn't sure how to feel about that... He wanted to frown at Denzel's aggression, but he was close to doing the same thing. Cloud, however, did show restrain. But did Denzel not do so because he was a kid, or Shin-Ra's influence? He shook his head, this all had to be done with later.

"Your past is your past. If you don't want to know, I won't tell you... I will say that... You should probably set the story straight: it wasn't your fault, though. You did bad things, but you had no control." He remembered what Kadaj told him a couple years ago and sighed.

So what if I'm a puppet... Once upon a time, you were too!

"If you're worried what the name means then you can either throw it away, or try to make it mean something else. Even if you throw away your name, can you throw away your face, your voice? Your fingerprints?" He looked over, keeping his face neutral. "A long time ago, you put the planet in danger. It wasn't your fault, but now the planet in danger again. You have the chance to redeem yourself, and redeem your name if you want it." He wasn't exactly sure about working with a remnant, but it wasn't like Kadaj was Sephiroth. "Your choice. There's no shame in either decision."
Back to top Go down
Kadaj
Third Class
Third Class
Kadaj

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy Main Story RP ARC VIII   Final Fantasy Main Story RP ARC VIII - Page 20 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2012 8:17 am

He felt as though the choice should be simple - he had done horrific things in the past and he had to right that, it was his duty to correct the mistakes he had made. Yet... how could he choose the right side when he didn't know which it was?

More importantly: why was he listening to this person, this Cloud, when he wouldn't even believe the person purporting to be his brother?

"How can I make the right choice when I don't understand any of what's happening around me?" He looked pained as he tried to rationalise everything in his mind. "It feels as though everything I've been told must be true - you all agree on it - but I don't... I think the reason it doesn't feel true is because I don't want it to be. I want you all to be making up this story about who I was to make me into something useful to you all..." The tears pricked in his eyes and he tried to wipe them away. "I'm not crying... I don't want to cry. Crying solves nothing."

He stood, watching the blonde carefully. "Tell me, honestly - who am I?" His voice almost broke as he came to the realisation he couldn't run from it - there was always going to be someone that found him. "Who am I trying not to be?"
Back to top Go down
Cloud
Remnant
Remnant
Cloud

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy Main Story RP ARC VIII   Final Fantasy Main Story RP ARC VIII - Page 20 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2012 8:32 am

Cloud looked at Kadaj and shook his head, he would answer things one at a time, the most important going first. "There's no shame in crying, either. Crying is what makes you human. Monsters don't cry." He thought back to Tifa's reaction when Aerith...

"Not trusting everything you hear is also human, especially when it's something you don't want to hear... so listen, and make the choice for yourself. If you still don't believe me, I'll take you to Midgar. I'll show you proof." He sighed and thought about where to begin. "A long time ago, a monster came to this world in attempt to destroy this planet. That monster's name is Jenova. She was sealed away by an ancient civilization for a long time, until she was rediscovered.

"A crazy scientist decided to make a child from the cells of Jenova, Sephiroth. He tried to destroy this world in his 'Mother's' name, but we pushed him back." He looked over to Kadaj and sighed, "This is where you come in, so pay attention... if your heart, or whatever, really tells you this is a lie or the truth, listen. You, and your two brothers, were created in an attempt to bring Sephiroth back, and finally destroy everything. Jenova released a disease on the people of this world, killing them, while you stole children to make an army. You attacked a city, but worst of all, you took in Jenova's essence and let yourself be used and your body became Sephiroth."

He stayed silent, having no idea what he explained in too much detail and what he skimped out on. He silently stood there, awaiting a reaction.
Back to top Go down
Kadaj
Third Class
Third Class
Kadaj

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy Main Story RP ARC VIII   Final Fantasy Main Story RP ARC VIII - Page 20 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2012 8:47 am

He listened to it all and there was still nothing. He crossed his arms as he felt his hands shake and tried to blink away the frustrated tears.

"I wish I could tell you that I believe you, or even that I don't. I don't distrust that it happened but... I don't feel anything. It's like you're all telling me a story, and with each part I can put together the pieces. Three brothers - Kadaj, Yazoo and Loz. One of the children that were taken - Denzel. I can piece together what you tell me but it doesn't make it more real to me. I don't feel anything, and I should. If it's a part of who I am I should feel something."

That was why he was upset - it was all still blank. His stomach twisted and he barely managed to turn and lean over the railings before he bought up the water he had drank the night before. His stomach twisted and lurched but there was nothing left for it to push out.
Back to top Go down
Cloud
Remnant
Remnant
Cloud

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy Main Story RP ARC VIII   Final Fantasy Main Story RP ARC VIII - Page 20 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2012 8:53 am

Cloud turned away from Kadaj and looked forward. He seemed to be lost in thought for a moment before he shrugged. "It happened. You were there." He tried to think of a way to confirm--he suddenly pulled out his phone. Flipping through his folders, "What about her. Is she real to you?" He saw Kadaj lift up and hold out his hand, and while he could never know, he felt it was Aerith.

Showing Aerith's picture to Kadaj he hoped, hoped it could stir some kind of feeling. "Do you feel anything when you see her?"
Back to top Go down
Kadaj
Third Class
Third Class
Kadaj

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy Main Story RP ARC VIII   Final Fantasy Main Story RP ARC VIII - Page 20 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2012 9:01 am

He looked at the picture, searching every part of the face for something he recognised but eventually shook his head. "She's real - you have a picture of her. That's irrefutable proof of her existence." He gave a slightly non-committal shrug, knowing that he was stating the obvious. "She's pretty and she has a kind smile, but I don't know her - I'm sorry. Who is she?"

He looked back up at Cloud, appreciative that he was trying to help but unsure how he could express that seeing as everything he was doing seemed futile.
Back to top Go down
Cloud
Remnant
Remnant
Cloud

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy Main Story RP ARC VIII   Final Fantasy Main Story RP ARC VIII - Page 20 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2012 9:09 am

He flipped his PHS closed and shoved it in his pocket, face souring as he wondered what he could do to help the remnant.

"Maybe nothing will make you feel anything towards my little story." He sighed sadly then shrugged. "The only way to do that, it seems, is if you actually came face-to-face with Jenova, but it wouldn't be worth it, and I don't even know if that would work. But, then again, maybe you're right to not feel anything. It wasn't you who did those things. You didn't take those lives. Being under her influence, there's nothing worse."

He looked over to the silver haired teen and pursed his lips again. "I'm not sure what to say, but you're barefoot and going nowhere, while I have a motorcycle. Maybe you just need time, so... are you hungry?"
Back to top Go down
Kadaj
Third Class
Third Class
Kadaj

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy Main Story RP ARC VIII   Final Fantasy Main Story RP ARC VIII - Page 20 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2012 9:44 am

"I don't remember the last time I ate - both humorously and literally."

He was unsure of going back to Healin, where Cloud was obviously headed, but it wasn't as though he had anywhere else to go. He knew that his inability to recall anything - as genuine as it was on his behalf - was beginning to irritate the blonde man, but there was nothing he could do to change that, bar feigning some emotion (other than frustration) towards the events that were recanted to him.

"I'm sorry," he sighed softly. "I believe you - I do. These things happened. I don't know why I don't remember it, why nothing will trigger within me the chain reaction that unlocks it all." He ran his fingers through his hair and looked up the road towards Healin, not wanting to go back but knowing he had no other real choice.

"I'll come with you - but if they try to shut me in a room and keep me under guard again then I'm getting out again."
Back to top Go down
Cloud
Remnant
Remnant
Cloud

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy Main Story RP ARC VIII   Final Fantasy Main Story RP ARC VIII - Page 20 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2012 9:51 am

"I won't let that happen." Cloud spoke softly and motioned to the seat behind him with his head, "Get on. If they're still at Healin Lodge, then we're not going there. Shin-Ra is the enemy just as much as Jenova is." He couldn't go see them. Not yet. "We can head to Edge for now, get something to eat until I get word from a friend."

He squeezed the motorcycle's handlebars and waited for Kadaj to get on.

He knew he'd meet up with them eventually, and he knew he would gain nothing from avoiding them, but still... He felt shame, for what happened with him to Denzel... and for letting Denzel slip through his fingers. He's ShinRa now, like Zack. That meant it was just like last time. Until they revoke that, I'd rather fight them then trust them.
Back to top Go down
Kadaj
Third Class
Third Class
Kadaj

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy Main Story RP ARC VIII   Final Fantasy Main Story RP ARC VIII - Page 20 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2012 10:06 am

He didn't know why he was letting himself trust Cloud, even as he climbed onto the back of the motorcycle, his hands tentatively going to Cloud's hips and then stopping as he didn't realise if that was still the way to hold on (or indeed, why 'still' was even a part of his ponderance as he wasn't aware of ever knowing motorcycle etiquette).

It seemed ludicrous to trust the stranger, almost as much as having set off to nowhere on foot. It was apparent that along with his fondness of blue and white flowers, a tendency to do irrational things because they seem like a good idea at the time was also something to add to the list of things he now knew about himself.
Back to top Go down
Cloud
Remnant
Remnant
Cloud

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy Main Story RP ARC VIII   Final Fantasy Main Story RP ARC VIII - Page 20 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2012 10:16 am

Cloud took Kadaj's arm and moved them to a safer grip, "You have to hold tighter, or you'll fall off. This motorcycle is fast."

He suddenly rev'd up the engine and began moving. He started slow at first, until he turned around, heading away from Healin. The roar of the machine grew louder and the wind was fast. It was only then that he realised he only had one pair of goggles and he hopped the dust wasn't getting into Kadaj's eye. Why was he doing this? Why was he helping this kid? He looked over his shoulder to check on Kadaj.

"Hmm," he looked forward again, leaning his body to the side to dodge tree, continuing his way to Edge. "What kind of food do you like?"
Back to top Go down
Kadaj
Third Class
Third Class
Kadaj

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy Main Story RP ARC VIII   Final Fantasy Main Story RP ARC VIII - Page 20 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2012 10:24 am

He held on tightly as the motorcycle sped away from Healin, glancing back as wondered how long it would take them to notice he was even gone. He turned back and and kept his face turned to Cloud's back to minimise the dust, though it didn't seem to be too much of a problem at the present.

"That's as likely to get a useful answer as asking a blind man what colour the sky is," he replied with a slight laugh. "I... chicken? I don't know! I'm willing to try anything."

It was the first thing he had no answer for that he didn't feel dread about - as long as he wasn't allergic to anything there couldn't be any harm in trying foods for the first time.
Back to top Go down
Cloud
Remnant
Remnant
Cloud

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy Main Story RP ARC VIII   Final Fantasy Main Story RP ARC VIII - Page 20 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2012 10:59 am

He chuckled rather loudly for the first time in a long time and smiled as Edge came in view. It was still pretty far, but he wondered. "Alright... I hope you like what I choose, I guess." Where the hell was he going to take this poof anyway?

What kind of food would Kadaj like? He thought about it then pursed his lips. Kadaj was kind of like Sephiroth, so what did Sephiroth like? No, Kadaj is nothing like Sephiroth. What kind of food did Sephiroth [b]hate?/b] is the question. He tried to think back and remembered Zack mentioning Sephiroth detested greasy food. He smirked. While he, himself, didn't like greasy food, it had been a while since he'd have any fast food. Kadaj's body was still fairly new, though, it did need nutrition.

As they neared Edge, he took a turn and moved to the outskirts of the city. He stopped in front of the best place on this world to have a burger and looked at it. "Aren't you like a teenager or something? Teens love fast food." He parked Fenrir and got off, offering his hand to Kadaj as he took off his goggles. "Take a look at the menu, choose whichever combo looks appealing. Choose a bottle of water for drink, though."

(Just a kind of those places that have real hamburgers with all the things on it, and huge fries)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy Main Story RP ARC VIII   Final Fantasy Main Story RP ARC VIII - Page 20 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Final Fantasy Main Story RP ARC VIII
Page 20 of 33Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 26 ... 33  Next