A Final Fantasy VII Role-Play Forum. Two Characters Per Person.
 
HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Villains vs heros

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Villains vs heros   Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:07 am

Bartz and Boko <3
Back to top Go down
Zack
Calamity
Calamity
avatar

Join date : 2011-08-24
Location : Edge
Posts : 4077

PostSubject: Re: Villains vs heros   Tue Oct 25, 2011 1:54 pm

<3

B themes!

BOMBER MAN!
BOOSTER GOLD
BARTZ
BATMAN

>> I'll stop now
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Villains vs heros   Tue Oct 25, 2011 5:51 pm

weirdos
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Villains vs heros   Wed Oct 26, 2011 12:28 am

Zack. That list is made of 8 kinds of special.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Villains vs heros   Wed Oct 26, 2011 3:31 am

Terra is one of my fav protagonists. And Lightning!
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Villains vs heros   Wed Oct 26, 2011 4:24 am

I <3 Terra. But I have a difficult time with Light. After Cloud and Squall, another emo was a bit much imo.
Though, she redeems herself towards the end.
Back to top Go down
Sephiroth
Ancient / Cetra
Ancient / Cetra
avatar

Title : One-Winged Angel

Join date : 2011-10-19
Location : Edge
Posts : 4646

PostSubject: Re: Villains vs heros   Wed Oct 26, 2011 4:45 am

I didn't like her at first but her interactions with Hope and later on how she is about her focus and trying to save Serah, she won me over.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Villains vs heros   Wed Oct 26, 2011 5:34 am

FF13 = You hate everyone at the start, Q.Q and <3 everyone at the end XD
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Villains vs heros   Wed Oct 26, 2011 5:37 am

^ Remarkably true story.

I'm very excited about Serah being one of the protagonists in XIII-2 though. Though, I still have mixed feelings about Light being a Valkyrie. And supposedly Nomura said that the antagonist in this one is stronger than Seph. :/
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Villains vs heros   Wed Oct 26, 2011 5:52 am

I hate terra AND lightening
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Villains vs heros   Wed Oct 26, 2011 5:54 am

Jenova wrote:
And supposedly Nomura said that the antagonist in this one is stronger than Seph. :/

LIES. Mad
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Villains vs heros   Wed Oct 26, 2011 5:58 am

Red XIII wrote:
Jenova wrote:
And supposedly Nomura said that the antagonist in this one is stronger than Seph. :/

LIES. Mad

I second this statement no one is stronger than sephy poo other than Weiss maybe
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Villains vs heros   Wed Oct 26, 2011 6:01 am

I guess I'm biased against XIII because I just could not make myself play more then a few hours. And I didn't need a Gender!Bender Cloud with pink hair, either.

Though not gonna lie, I do love me some good old fashioned racist black dudes. ;] Afro with a chocobo chick in it. Hehe.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Villains vs heros   Wed Oct 26, 2011 6:03 am

Hate to break it to you but Seph is pretty weak compared to other FF Villains. XD

And FFXIII-2's Villain is to be the strongest ever made by Square.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Villains vs heros   Wed Oct 26, 2011 6:13 am

Nero wrote:
Hate to break it to you but Seph is pretty weak compared to other FF Villains. XD

And FFXIII-2's Villain is to be the strongest ever made by Square.

Compared with which villains? It literally took the life force of the planet itself to strike back against his attack for him to fail. And even when he was dead, he was still attempting to control the world through the Geostigma. How much stronger does it get?
Back to top Go down
Sephiroth
Ancient / Cetra
Ancient / Cetra
avatar

Title : One-Winged Angel

Join date : 2011-10-19
Location : Edge
Posts : 4646

PostSubject: Re: Villains vs heros   Wed Oct 26, 2011 6:15 am

I have to agree with that one as well, but I may be playing favorites here as well...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Villains vs heros   Wed Oct 26, 2011 6:28 am

Red XIII wrote:
Nero wrote:
Hate to break it to you but Seph is pretty weak compared to other FF Villains. XD

And FFXIII-2's Villain is to be the strongest ever made by Square.

Compared with which villains? It literally took the life force of the planet itself to strike back against his attack for him to fail. And even when he was dead, he was still attempting to control the world through the Geostigma. How much stronger does it get?

Sephiroth casted a spell, the Meteor, he does not have the power of the Black Materia. Don't get me wrong, he's strong but:

Garland: Absorbed the four great elements of the world and became Chaos, god of Destruction. At full power he is the most demonic thing alive.

Emperor Mateus: Was weak, and then returned from the underworld by raising the Capital City of Hell to the surface world.

Cloud of Darkness: An entity with the powers stronger than a god to eliminate any break of the equilibrium of life. Essentially She's the Lifestream of FF3 but has powers from the Void. Given she has no reason to attack, but one-on-one she would win.

Zeromus: Would lose against Sephiroth

ExDeath: Controller of the void, in his ultimate form he can rival Seph but most likely will lose.

Kefka: Alone he is weak but when he steals the power of three separate gods and becomes a Seraphim he can probably kill Sephiroth in hiw OWA form.

Jenova: Great Calamity of the Sky with monstrous power who gave Sephiroth his power - she could easily kill him considering her cells are inside him. She's destroyed planets, one man she has control over is nothing.

Ultimecia: Empress of Time and Space who has lived forever and has absorbed energy of half of the world's creator. Fair fight between the two, Ultimecia may win because of her odd spells.

Kuja: Weak stuff

Necron: Weak stuff

Sin: Weak Stuff

Jecht: Weak stuff, at his final form he's not bad but Seph can own him

Seymour: Weak stuff

Bathantalus: Weak stuff

Ragnarock: Destroyer of worlds, probably would be even if not a little weaker.
Back to top Go down
Zack
Calamity
Calamity
avatar

Join date : 2011-08-24
Location : Edge
Posts : 4077

PostSubject: Re: Villains vs heros   Wed Oct 26, 2011 6:34 am

how about refrain from dissing unless you actually have a reason. I hate Seymour sure... he's an ass but I've played 10 to know why.

I've played parts of 7, 10, 10-2, 12 (for all of like 10-20 mins till the gameplay made me want to hang myself), 13, completed CC and nearly finished 012

I haven't played all of them so who am I to comment if Seph is the strongest FF villain just because, think of it like (I know hate on the analogy but) DBZ terms someone stronger always comes along. and 7 is a fairly old game being I was 17 when it was released.

Sorry but I'm getting tired of this Seph is so great (I like Seph sure I have my FFVII fandom needs) but I like Lightning and I'm getting tired of coming in and finding hate on my fav characters... Tidus, Light, Cloud. It wouldn't be nice if you came in one day and found "gggrrrr seph sucks I hate him" with no reasoning why apart from "he's mean" doesn't cut it in my books people.

Sorry I got 4 hours sleep last night so I'm not in a good mood today...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Villains vs heros   Wed Oct 26, 2011 6:55 am

Zack's right. You might be hating on a character people like. I know people have already dissed some of my favourite characters without saying why.

As far as Seph is strongest. I like Seph as one of my most, but as far as ONLY Strength goes: He is not the strongest. He's strong but Nero mentioned a few, not to mention Ansem, Seeker of Darkness (Heartless of Master Xenahort), from the KH series can only be killed by the light since he is of darkness so pure. In fact Sora, Terra(FF6), Aerith or Bartz are most likely the only characters from the entire FF or KH cast that *could* kill him. Only Sora or Terra would kill him.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Villains vs heros   Wed Oct 26, 2011 7:09 am

Nero, the only thing I disagree with on your post is what you mentioned about Jenova. Sephiroth's power derives originally from her, it's true. But as FFVII portrays her, Jenova is more a force of nature then a creature with sentience and abilities (no dissing to you, Jenova, it's just my theory! Very Happy ). In fact, if I remember correctly, the Sephiroths you run into during most of the game are actually Jenova clones that Sephiroth is controlling through his connection with Jenova. Sounds like he's more powerful then her. Wink I think I could go with Garland and the Cloud of Darkness being stronger. The classic villains are pretty darn tough.

Zack, I don't have on Lightning just because. It just seemed that after the first few depressing main characters (like Cloud and Squall) the last thing I wanted to see was another one, with the only real difference seeming to be that it was a girl this time. I actually liked Tidus - it was refreshing to see a fun loving and upbeat leading man, although even he was quite similar to Zidane. On the flip side, I think it's hard, even for Square Enix, to come up with a character that has a personality both suited to leading a game AND that hasn't been done before. Maybe it's just a matter of which character you see do it first?

Lucrecia, I don't think KH is really comparable. Mostly because KH is not a FF, even when it involves FF characters. Surprised I'd hate to have to deal with Yuna in FFX with the obnoxious crap she pulls in KH2. >.>; I didn't even like FFX-2, and the three greedy fairies just struck me as utterly shallow compared to how the characters actually are...
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Villains vs heros   Wed Oct 26, 2011 7:18 am

From FFWiki:

As stated in Professor Hojo's Jenova Reunion Theory, once Jenova's cells have been separated from the main body, they will eventually reunite into one again. Once Jenova has completely destroyed a planet, it uses it as a vessel to travel through the cosmos to the next unfortunate planet. This constant destruction may have been going for millions of years before the beginning of Final Fantasy VII. Jenova's age is unknown, but since it can lay dormant for millennia if necessary, it very well might be older than The Planet itself.

Jenova cannot beat Sephiroth, that is true, only because she has been separated. And, Jenova is not very active because she can live forever, what is a few hundred years? But if completely restored into one physical being and was forced into a 1 on 1 with Sephiroth (and to make it fair lets say he has the equal powers that the Jenova cells would have given him) Jenova is still "Heaven's Dark Harbinger: The Calamity of the Sky: Jenova" as Vincent says in AC/ACC. It is possible she's destroyed thousands of planets before.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Villains vs heros   Wed Oct 26, 2011 7:20 am

Sadly Jenova's fatal flaw is she's not to be restored, and Sephiroth's fatal flaw is being controlled by Jenova. In essence, it's impossible to gauge who would be stronger. But I'm somewhat leaning Jenova only because if Seph tried anything Jenova could make him bleed internally with her cells being already inside him.
Back to top Go down
Zack
Calamity
Calamity
avatar

Join date : 2011-08-24
Location : Edge
Posts : 4077

PostSubject: Re: Villains vs heros   Wed Oct 26, 2011 7:50 am

and that's all I ask Red is some explanation I was in the middle of summarizing the RP when I read that post and I was fresh out of the shower trying to wake myself up, I was just tired of the unexplained grrrr towards characters. I wasn't ref'ing you to Tidus... I've just had it in the past Tidus is one of those character that nomatter where I go people are hating on him! Zidane, Tidus, Zack I love all three because I like it where the main character is an upbeat person because I feel this world needs more people who are upbeat. It's nice to see the change and evolution of a character. I try to be as happy and positive as I can myself because face it life is a whole lot more fun when you have those people round.

I know everybody can't have the same mind set and that would just be down right boring, and there are only so many personality types out there for game characters. So you can like hate whomever you want. It's just, be mindful and respectful of others who have different opinions than you do. I'm not telling you all off I'm just saying words have power even written ones, so without even realizing it you could be hurting or insulting someone.

Even though I totally hate Seymour I respect him at the same time that's what the antagonist is there for is he not? To help the protagonist to grow and evolve. They are that challenge that we don't get irl. The same thing goes for Hojo I hate him but at the same time he is like the best bad guy for FFVII, because everything is essentially his fault Sephiroth wouldn't become that villain he was meant to be if he wasn't for Hojo, and that's what make him completely awesome.

Alot of people hate on Lucrecia I must be one of the few out there that likes her. I adore her sweet moments with Vinnie, I love that DoC gave her more of a background and she's an emotional woman with guilt and self blame. She would have been such an awesome mother if things were different.


Didn't mean to sound so errrr Zack-like >>
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Villains vs heros   Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:00 am

Believe it or not FF is actually built on a tier system. I can't recall the interview right off but Seph is only a mid-tier boss, while Exdeath was actually ranked at the top with Kuja and Garland's chaos form. It was a good article I wish I could remember where I found it.

As far as the Jenova thing, I don't actually think Seph was under her control. Her genetics pulled his strings, at first, but his will eventually took over once he fell into the lifestream and he was controlling pieces of her body. During the initial showdown with Jenova she was actually only supposed to be her heart as the rest of her body had been cast off to do various tasks. Neat stuff.

As far as the Light hate. Sorry if I stepped on anyone's toes I was just giving me opinion.

NOW. In my bias, I think Jenova is the best. ^-^ You gotta figure, we know next to nothing about her back story. Its anyone's guess how truly bad-a she actually is. I mean, she was pretty much a zombie during all of VII. Basically her body turned into a puppet. That being said, as pitiful as he was in Dissidia, Exdeath was a remarkably powerful villain.

btw, great post Zack. *thumbs up* You sound more like him every day. Lol.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Villains vs heros   Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:08 am

ExDeath was strong, and I love him and his voice actor (unf), but he just seemed too... exploitable in FF5. In the sense that he had lost to "Mortals" around three times by the end of FF5. He had the most power but he obviously couldn't use it... XD

The paradox of FF7 is Jenova is controlling Seph who is controlling Jenova's body parts (Jenova-LIFE, Jenova-DEATH, etc) to stall Cloud's group. I always felt that in CC Seph just went mad but when he went in the Lifestream, Jenova's puppet (Cloud) gave him the Black Materia, Sephiroth was under Jenova's control. Or at least high influence. Let him think he has his free will, when he doesn't in the grand scheme.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Villains vs heros   

Back to top Go down
 
Villains vs heros
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Top 10 Most Powerful Superheroes of All-Time
» Huggable Heros Calender!And hello kitty!
» Recommend some New super heros !
» last letter = first letter game dota heroes phrases!
» Neo Cortex

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
FFVII Revelations :: General Discussion :: Chocobo Nest-
Jump to:  
Switch Accounts

Username:

Password: