A Final Fantasy VII Role-Play Forum. Two Characters Per Person.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Final Fantasy Main Story RP Arc X

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 24 ... 32  Next
AuthorMessage
Zack
Calamity
Calamity
Zack

Final Fantasy Main Story RP Arc X   - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy Main Story RP Arc X    Final Fantasy Main Story RP Arc X   - Page 16 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 25, 2013 4:50 am

Zack nodded at Angeal and Cloud.
"Okay lets clear them out!!!!" He shouted.
They needed to start the evacuation and right away.
No more innocent lives needed to be lost not when they had no where to go in death.

Final Fantasy Main Story RP Arc X   - Page 16 Embraceyourdreams

"Hnnnn... Well whatever I guess... Whaaaaaaaaaatever!"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sephiroth
Ancient / Cetra
Ancient / Cetra
Sephiroth

Title : One-Winged Angel

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy Main Story RP Arc X    Final Fantasy Main Story RP Arc X   - Page 16 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 25, 2013 4:54 am

Sephiroth turned to see Kadaj moving towards the crowd. He saw him and then one of the civilians glowed and then turned to dust. There was a swell of anger and Sephiroth reached out and grabbed Kadaj's wrist before he yanked him back. "What are you doing? We need to save them, if they die all you are is a villain again!"

The had to save them, not aid in destroying them. They needed to find them, defeat them, and somehow save this city. Eyes searched the area as he pulled Kadaj away from the crowd.

They did not have time for this, not when the entire city was trapped here. His mind ran in an instant as he tried to think of some way to secure them. He knew nothing about this city and they needed somewhere safe to keep them. Finally Sephiroth snapped open his phone and called Angeal and hoped that he was somewhere nearby Cloud.

They needed a location.

Final Fantasy Main Story RP Arc X   - Page 16 Sephiroth-banner1
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kadaj
Third Class
Third Class
Kadaj

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy Main Story RP Arc X    Final Fantasy Main Story RP Arc X   - Page 16 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 25, 2013 5:00 am

Minerva reflexively balled their fists so that she didn't accidentally touch Sephiroth as she dialled back the power she was using.

"You know as well as we do that there is no way out of this bubble," she said in a terse but shaky tone. "Midgar was destroyed the last time one was created and burst... these people are going to die... and if they're going to die then they are going to go peacefully and to where they belong. We are not giving them to him. We're not!"

They pulled away from Sephiroth, tears still rolling down their cheeks. "If Nero or Rosso or... or Aerith take them then they become one with the Negative Stream. They will be in pain and we can't save them... but if... if we do this... They're going to die, Sephiroth. That is a certainty. Please... please let us give them peace."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sephiroth
Ancient / Cetra
Ancient / Cetra
Sephiroth

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy Main Story RP Arc X    Final Fantasy Main Story RP Arc X   - Page 16 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 25, 2013 6:06 am

Sephiroth knew all too well what the price was. They did not have the power to break free however Kadaj would be turned into the enemy if this happened. It wouldn't matter to the civilians that they would join the lifestream rather than the negativelifestream. They would still be dead.

He listened to the dialtone and waited for Angeal to pick up or the voicemail to pick up. A city would die, and he could not feel for their loss other than a waste of life. He had no connection to them. They had stepped into a death trap with only one way out.

"Then we destroy them before it comes to that."

Come to me Nero, let me teach you the truest meaning of death.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Angeal
Shinra Janitor
Shinra Janitor
Angeal

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy Main Story RP Arc X    Final Fantasy Main Story RP Arc X   - Page 16 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 25, 2013 5:26 pm

Angeal was going through the gathering masses, trying to get people to get away from there, his eyes focusing on the little things, keeping an eye out for the danger that was lurking somewhere. pausing only as he heard his phone ringing, "Hewley," he answered.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rosso
Flower Girl
Flower Girl
Rosso

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy Main Story RP Arc X    Final Fantasy Main Story RP Arc X   - Page 16 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 25, 2013 5:58 pm

Rosso grinned, it was a twisted an maniacal expression on her face, the promise of bloodshed. It is what she had been trained for, it is what she had been conditioned to want, need and love.

Every single life she would take to strengthen their power, she would revel in the slaughter that she had been permitted to cause, soon she would be able to dance bloody footprints across the world. Closing her eyes, she summoned the Negative Lifestream, creating a portal for herself to appear within the city.

She would prefer to toy with her prey, but it had been far too long since she had been able to kill without restraint, she would take her fill of that first, before playing with some of the lost souls that would soon be theirs.

Drawing her blade, she smiled and the screams of people signalled her attack.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kadaj
Third Class
Third Class
Kadaj

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy Main Story RP Arc X    Final Fantasy Main Story RP Arc X   - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2013 1:00 am

Kadaj's head snapped towards the sounds of the screams. "It's too late," Minerva said quietly. "I can take them in peace or leave them to suffer. This is our choice - and we will bear the weight of it."

She couldn't make the promise that there was the chance she could bring them back afterwards - that the resurrection of them all was proof that there was that power. It was a promise she couldn't make without the possible guilt of it being not true.

"I need to do this," Kadaj said, taking control and taking Sephiroth's hand. "They know me as a monster - and becoming one with Gaia they will know the truth of things. This is the only salvation many will have. I'll be careful... dad. I promise."

He didn't give the General time to argue, drawing away and running into the heart of the crowd,
Minerva easily slipping into the control and reaching out to the youngest children first. They knew... they understood... on a level their parents could and would not. They were still close to the Planet... and they didn't not deserve the pain of what would come.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sephiroth
Ancient / Cetra
Ancient / Cetra
Sephiroth

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy Main Story RP Arc X    Final Fantasy Main Story RP Arc X   - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2013 1:08 am

Sephiroth heard Angeal's voice in his ear but for a moment he was distracted by the sounds of the screams. People were dying, not all could be saved but if Kadaj carried out his plan none would survive. Eyes locked on Kadaj as the younger took his hand and his attention was dragged back to the teen, and the single word he called him.

Brother, son... he had been called all these things and they held nothing now, but that single word seemed to freeze him. Zack had compared them to his children as well and as soon as he could Kadaj had left.

Fingers clenched around the phone as his glare landed steadily ahead. "Angeal?"

Something had to be done and quickly.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Angeal
Shinra Janitor
Shinra Janitor
Angeal

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy Main Story RP Arc X    Final Fantasy Main Story RP Arc X   - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2013 1:12 am

"i am here," Angeal assured, although he paused as he looked around on hearing the screams, he frowned as he drew his sword, his hand tightening around it.

They seemed to be coming from one particular direction and he headed down the street, no more than necessary would die if he could help it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sephiroth
Ancient / Cetra
Ancient / Cetra
Sephiroth

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy Main Story RP Arc X    Final Fantasy Main Story RP Arc X   - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2013 1:25 am

"This city has become an inescapable trap. Find someplace inside the city to hide the civilians, it is their only chance for survival."

And they could only hope to keep them hidden long enough to fight this battle. And more would die if Kadaj learned of their location. Win or lose, many would die today, but that was the fact of battle. And only in this war did he truly feel alive.

"The lifestream is killing the people rather than allowing our enemies to destroy them. Kadaj cannot know of the location."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Angeal
Shinra Janitor
Shinra Janitor
Angeal

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy Main Story RP Arc X    Final Fantasy Main Story RP Arc X   - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2013 1:36 am

Angeal nodded his head a little, "Right," he muttered, shaking his head to himself with a sigh, "I'll get them hidden away, although someone is doing some killing nearby already," he sighed.

He hung up and pocketed his phone again, changing direction, surely Minerva would sense life more easily if many were gathered in one place, he would have to scatter them, it would also lessen the chance of them all being picked off by the enemy.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy Main Story RP Arc X    Final Fantasy Main Story RP Arc X   - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2013 1:56 am

In the terror, fear and chaos he created, he closed his eyes and stretched his hands outwards. "Destruction," he whispered and felt the flesh burning of those foolish enough to try to run out of the dome. All around him was destruction, fear, hate, anger, sadness, despair, and gentleness.

His eyes snapped open.

Gentleness?

In the sea of fear, there was something serene and calm. It was gentle, and loving. There was sadness and grievance, but not born out of selfishness. Nero almost trembled as he realised who was here in this battle: "The Goddess."

The currents under Gaia's crust that were forever in battle were telling him what was happening. He didn't know how, but she was here, in some form. He didn't know how, but she was saving people. His eyes widened, fixating on nothing as a breeze blew against his body. Ruby-slit eyes glanced down to his hands and a thought that he never believed he would think crossed his mind. Maybe I should just... let her win... His hands balled into fists and he closed his eyes. His entire body began to shake and hissed.

The cloak of amethyst fire warped itself around his flesh and he shook his head. "The Goddess stole my brother from me..." He whispered and hissed before kicking off the ground. Metal wings stretched outwards and he raised both of his hands to his side. "You caused me pain, pain of a thousands... I will give this pain to you. I will teach this entire planet what fear truly is." His hands were engulfed by fire and he raised them to the sky.

"Stars of the heavens! Unleash your calamity!"

He clasped his hands together, forming an epicenter of negative fire and blasting it down on the people beneath him. Thousands of negative fireballs, about the same strength of a mastered fire spell, fell on the people below. It was not strong enough to kill, but what it lacked in quality, it made up for in quantity.
Back to top Go down
Cloud
Remnant
Remnant
Cloud

Title : The Hero

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy Main Story RP Arc X    Final Fantasy Main Story RP Arc X   - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2013 2:00 am

Cloud glanced over to Angeal and unholstered his blade. "I'll take care of that," he muttered. In truth, he needed to get away from Sephiroth. The man, himself, was a source of anger and hatred for him. He had tolerated him before, even possibly built the startings of a friendship, but this wasn't a meeting at Kalm. This wasn't for Denzel or anything.

This was a battlefield.

He glanced to his bangle, checking the materia, then to his blade. He sighed, nothing too stellar, but there was a balance of restorative, offensive and status effect. Sadly, there was no summon. He cursed and began moving towards the screams -- towards Rosso -- but stopped, glancing up as Nero's barrage was about to fall on their heads.

He whirled his sword and unleashed an arc of water, the same he did to Kadaj earlier, at fireballs heading his way.

"I'm not fit to help anyone. Not my family, not my friends, nobody."
--Cloud Strife
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://remembrance123.tumblr.com/WhereToFindMe
Sephiroth
Ancient / Cetra
Ancient / Cetra
Sephiroth

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy Main Story RP Arc X    Final Fantasy Main Story RP Arc X   - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2013 2:15 am

Sephiroth barely had time to move as the fireballs were cast down. There were too many to block, and green eyes focused intently and cast a wall spell. There was no panic, there never was in battle. He heard the yells from the burns but even these people it wouldn't kill.

He lifted his head towards the air and searched silently for the source of the spell.

"Nero, only one of us will survive this feud," he couldn't see him, even as he searched, but he knew he was somewhere in the city. He had to be. He said nothing more as he moved forward. He could only protect those in his vicinity and that was not his task.

No, he was meant to destroy Nero. Someone else could be the hero.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rosso
Flower Girl
Flower Girl
Rosso

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy Main Story RP Arc X    Final Fantasy Main Story RP Arc X   - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2013 2:45 am

Rosso danced with her blade to the tune of people's death screams. Her expression was set in pleasure as she killed, getting covered in the blood of her victims, bathing in the liquid even as it dried on her.

She faltered a moment, there was a brief soothing feeling that she could feel threatening the darkness. Her eyes narrowed, she needed to find what that was. She would put an end to whatever was trying to stop them.

Her slaughter continued, she cut and danced her way through the panicking masses, finding the source of the Lifestream, a child that otherwise seemed defenceless, her darkness would smother the light, she would take the source of the Lifestream and corrupt it for herself.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cloud
Remnant
Remnant
Cloud

Title : The Hero

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy Main Story RP Arc X    Final Fantasy Main Story RP Arc X   - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2013 4:28 am

Cloud leapt backwards, hiding behind a building from the barage of fire, but his eyes caught site of something else -- another Flash of Red. He glanced to his side to see the woman, clad in crimson, dance away. There was something both serene and disgusting about her mass amounts of slaughter.

The chocobo felt his stomach turn and he held the grip on his Fusion Blade.

"Rosso." He knew the name. The last time they fought was short, but it was enough to tell him that this was no game, and that he should give her no opportunity or opening.

"I'm not fit to help anyone. Not my family, not my friends, nobody."
--Cloud Strife
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://remembrance123.tumblr.com/WhereToFindMe
Kadaj
Third Class
Third Class
Kadaj

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy Main Story RP Arc X    Final Fantasy Main Story RP Arc X   - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2013 4:46 am

The screams and the souls being torn from their link with Gaia ripped at Minerva's very being, their step faltering as she tried to steady herself again.

It isn't working going this slow. Kadaj...

I know, you'll leave me defenceless if you do this. If you don't a city will die. I'll take my chances.

It was going to take more power than she could truly expend to do what she planned, but she needed to take the lives of those linked to Gaia and the Lifestream and keep them safe. If she could just keep them safe and slightly separate from the true Stream then she could bring them back.

Perhaps.

But it was going to take power - and recovery time... and Kadaj would be defenceless. He had told her to do it though he knew the risks.

Her palms pressed together as she gathered the power, her hands slowly rising above her head and beginning to part, a ball of light forming between them. Her eyes shut as she tuned into the innocent souls, marking each life corrupted by the Negative Stream and of those that had accompanied her as safe from the coming wave.

The ball floated up above her fingertips as her hands came together again, eyes opening.

"Be at peace," she murmured softly, hands quickly pulling apart, causing the ball of light to expand and dart to the edges of the bubble of darkness. A light breeze blew as the light flooded every crevice of the city and turned all the inhabitants into light.

Minerva gave a sad smile and lowered her hands. "They're safe," she said softly, knowing that the four that travelled with her would hear the words.

Kadaj fell to his knees as within him Minerva drew back, curled up within him as her energy was spent. He was alone... it was an odd feeling after so easily becoming used to the Goddess living within him, but it meant that she was safe - as were the people of Edge.

He panted softly, forcing himself back to his feet despite that he felt dizzy from the rush of power and then the complete emptiness.

Now it was just the eight of them.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy Main Story RP Arc X    Final Fantasy Main Story RP Arc X   - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2013 4:58 am

Light, Nero covered his eyes as Minerva's light illuminated each inch of the city. He screamed and felt the power burn his flesh, but he would not fade. Not now.

The dome, made of his darkness and the negative stream had lost its rigidness and had become wavy. It was weakened, but not defeated. But even then, there was no need for it anymore. All the civilians were safe. But he could sense some life (presumably Minerva's defense force?). Nero sighed and looked at his hands. He needed to make a decision quickly, or else the dome would be lost, but erecting it again would serve no purpose.

"If we are to fight, then I will make sure it is on my turf." He raised a hand to the sky slowly, letting it stand still in the air. He took a deep breath and swung his arm down.

The dome went still for a moment, before gravity caused it to fall. It fell like a surge of water. It was corrupt, vile, cursed and hellish. While it was impossible to dodge, it did not bother itself with attacking or affecting Zack, Sephiroth, Kadaj, Cloud or Angeal. It passed right through them and sunk into the soil and pavement, the buildings and roads, corrupting it and twisting it's make-up.

"Sacred ground for the Negative Lifestream. Isn't it a fitting battleground," he shouted to whoever could hear in the ghost city, "For the end of the Planet herself!"
Back to top Go down
Sephiroth
Ancient / Cetra
Ancient / Cetra
Sephiroth

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy Main Story RP Arc X    Final Fantasy Main Story RP Arc X   - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2013 5:21 am

He searched out the city between the crowds, ever aware, searching for where the next attack would come from. Nero had to be somewhere in the city, but where? His every sense seemed focused on finding him somewhere. The light came suddenly and it was instinct that pushed Sephiroth to move behind a building. The light seemed to swallow up all the crowds that milled around, trying to escape.

And then there was nothing, there was no sound of the crowds that yelled to be saved. Boots pressed against the silent ground and moved as eyes calmly flickered around and searched for the source of the voice that assured them they were fine. This wouldn't be the end; Sephiroth knew there would be retaliation on account that it was what he would have done.

And there was not long to wait. The dome fell and the corrupt force seemed to strangle all light. There was no escape from this hell as it consumed the land they stood on. He could feel the darkness that surrounded them. It clawed at his mind, called him home. There was nothing, just the cold of the darkness that he had once wielded as his own. Green eyes lifted towards the source of the voice and silently stepped forward.

The silence seemed to permeate everything as he glanced around in a quick search for Zack. Where was he? Was he even safe? The ground crunched underfoot and Sephiroth moved forward and grabbed Kadaj's wrist. He released it for a moment and took the second blade from his back.

"Arm yourself if you wish to have any hope of survival."

Sephiroth focused ahead as he lifted his attention and the long silver hair brushed lightly across his face. "Nero! There is only one who will leave this hell, so let us finish this war!"

How ironic, the enemy of the planet had become a warrior to defend it. How funny fate was. Bu tit could be dwelt on later, once the end had come.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kadaj
Third Class
Third Class
Kadaj

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy Main Story RP Arc X    Final Fantasy Main Story RP Arc X   - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2013 5:36 am

A surge of panic went through Kadaj as Sephiroth grabbed his wrist, knowing that he didn't approve of what he had let Minerva do. He didn't expect the weapon to be offered to him again, and this time he didn't let himself say a word as his left hand reached out and carefully took it from the man's hold.

Carefully he rest the blade on his right palm, looking over it, taking the moment to begin to know it before raising it and flicking it to his side in preparation for an attack.

"Thank you," he said softly with a hint of a smile, green eyes glowing as he let the weapon grow comfortable in his hand. "Let's just hope that I remember how to use it before it becomes important."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zack
Calamity
Calamity
Zack

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy Main Story RP Arc X    Final Fantasy Main Story RP Arc X   - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2013 6:03 am

The pitch blank dome had lingered above as Zack had moved a small crowd of people.
Stashing them in an abandoned building. It had been enough shelter from the fireballs.
To protect the handful of people he could. Waiting it out with them so they didn't panic.

When all had seemed to ease up he had opened the door to leave when the light stuck.
Passing through him and devouring the people he had been trying to shelter.
Zack let out a breath, the Goddess said they were okay and he hoped for her sake it was true.

Zack ran out onto the street when he felt the negative force pass through him.
It sank in to the very ground he stood on. Jenova was hibernating under there.
This was not good, if Nero's darkness woke her, he knew he would be screwed.

Final Fantasy Main Story RP Arc X   - Page 16 Embraceyourdreams

"Hnnnn... Well whatever I guess... Whaaaaaaaaaatever!"
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy Main Story RP Arc X    Final Fantasy Main Story RP Arc X   - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2013 10:58 am

Manic laughter seared the quiet city as Nero's wings stretched outwards and he slowly descended towards Sephiroth. He raised an eyebrow and looked around. "I know what I felt," he said in a pleased tone. "The Goddess was here, but now... she is not."

His eyes narrowed for a moment, but he shrugged. "I suppose it matters not. Less power for you will make this easier." He eyed Kadaj, then Sephiroth. His eyes lingered to others before he smiled and began to charge up a spell.
Back to top Go down
Rosso
Flower Girl
Flower Girl
Rosso

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy Main Story RP Arc X    Final Fantasy Main Story RP Arc X   - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2013 5:18 pm

Rosso's lips curled into a snarl as she watched her prey dissolve into nothingness with the white light. Her hands tightened around her blade, who would dare?

She paused briefly as she saw the blonde that she had met before, he had pretty eyes, she wanted to pluck them out like delicate little grapes.

Her grip on her blade shifted and she charged at the little blonde doll, that was all he would be, a little doll for her to tear up once they were done.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Angeal
Shinra Janitor
Shinra Janitor
Angeal

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy Main Story RP Arc X    Final Fantasy Main Story RP Arc X   - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2013 5:26 pm

Angeal reflexively closed his eyes against the bright harsh light and the screams faded into a deathly silence; although it was followed by the darkness of the negative lifestream.

He frowned as it simply passed through him with no effect, like it had no interest in them being there. Having nothing else to do, he made his way back toward the others to see what they were left with.

His eyes caught sight of Nero, descending on Sephiroth, Kadaj was with him and now armed, that was enough to ease his mind; he would keep an eye on Kadaj for Sephiroth so he could concentrate on the fight, but where was...

He looked around for Zack, he knew that the younger was more than capable of taking care of himself, he had trained him after all, but still, old habits died hard. He would do his best to keep Kadaj and Zack safe, for Sephiroth.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sephiroth
Ancient / Cetra
Ancient / Cetra
Sephiroth

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy Main Story RP Arc X    Final Fantasy Main Story RP Arc X   - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2013 6:44 pm

Sephiroth drew away from Kadaj and his own blade flicked up into a guard position as he moved forward closer to Nero. Green eyes remained trained on the man as he prepared for the attack that would be coming. The long blade slid up and his position shifted ever so slightly, ready to attack.

He knew he could trust Angeal to protect Zack and Kadaj, his duty lie before him and this battle was what he lived for.

The first move was Nero's but soon enough this battle would begin. Today one of them would die. This would not end until there was a winner. He was built for this, this battle, and he would do this to keep them safe.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy Main Story RP Arc X    Final Fantasy Main Story RP Arc X   - Page 16 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Final Fantasy Main Story RP Arc X
Page 16 of 32Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 24 ... 32  Next