A Final Fantasy VII Role-Play Forum. Two Characters Per Person.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Final Fantasy Main Story RP Arc IX

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 27 ... 36  Next
AuthorMessage
Cloud
Remnant
Remnant
Cloud

Title : The Hero

Final Fantasy Main Story RP Arc IX - Page 19 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy Main Story RP Arc IX   Final Fantasy Main Story RP Arc IX - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2013 10:01 am

Cloud made sure Denzel was alright before speeding up even faster. He was determined to out-match Zack's stupid Jenova-stick wing.

He was aware of the handicap, though. Dark Nation was probably being a 'downer' (lolpuns), but in his defence he had Denzel.

"I'm not fit to help anyone. Not my family, not my friends, nobody."
--Cloud Strife
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://remembrance123.tumblr.com/WhereToFindMe
Zack
Calamity
Calamity
Zack

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy Main Story RP Arc IX   Final Fantasy Main Story RP Arc IX - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2013 10:14 am

Zack saw the familiar cliff face come into view and he felt his brows knot for a moment.
It was the place of his death... Also the place of his arrival.
He could see Midgar just ahead, it was still standing... in a way.

Zack glanced to Cloud, this was where he could cheat in their race and just fly over the cliff instead of taking the road.
But he decided to keep close to Cloud.
Last time he came through here was with Vincent and they had been attacked on the way into Midgar.

"Keep a sharp eye ahead Cloudy there were monsters up ahead last time I came this way."
Regadless he knew Cloud could cut through them no worries. They didn't need to get dragged into a battle.
Not now, not when they were so close to reaching the church.

Final Fantasy Main Story RP Arc IX - Page 19 Embraceyourdreams

"Hnnnn... Well whatever I guess... Whaaaaaaaaaatever!"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cloud
Remnant
Remnant
Cloud

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy Main Story RP Arc IX   Final Fantasy Main Story RP Arc IX - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2013 10:22 am

Cloud's eyes furrowed and he clicked a button. The sword sockets of his bike opened up and he reached for one of the dagger-like side blades. He grabbed the spinable hilt and closed the weapons, just in case. He leveled his speed and frowned, hoping no monsters would come. His eyes turned to his bangle and he frowned. Better than nothing.

"Zack, if we see any enemies stick to long-ranged spells. We can't risk using our weapons with Denzel and the dog."

--Cloud Strife
Back to top Go down
Zack
Calamity
Calamity
Zack

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy Main Story RP Arc IX   Final Fantasy Main Story RP Arc IX - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2013 10:37 am

Zack nodded his head. "Gotcha..." Hopefully it wouldn't come to that.
Even though he knew this area had been climbing with them before.
Vincent had made it look easy to take them down long distance.
Zack could see it up ahead there were just a handful of Ahriman stragglers.

Nothing really worthy of drawing a blade on. Luckily.
"Cloud your level just round the bend."
Zack looked further ahead to see if there was any other threat.
Beyond them towards the entrance to Midgar was a couple of Death Claws.

"Just this lot and the lot near the entrance to Midgar then we're in the clear."
They could just past through them really but that would probably attract more stragglers.
Last thing they needed really.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cloud
Remnant
Remnant
Cloud

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy Main Story RP Arc IX   Final Fantasy Main Story RP Arc IX - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2013 10:44 am

Ahrimans. "Speed through them. If we outrun them, they wont bother." He frowned and looked at his bangle for a second before one of the materias began to glow a greyish colour. He charged it up, focusing for a moment before he held one of his hands out; he cast Stop on three or so of them. While the other ones were unaffected, they seemed a bit confused by the sudden freezing of their partners. Cloud's roaring motorcycle past them on the side and he looked up to the next few and frowned.

Death Claws? They only ever appear in desert and desolate areas, like Corel or the prison beneath the Gold Saucer... Then again, Midgar's probably a wasteland now. He shook his head as the bike sped closer to them.

--Cloud Strife
Back to top Go down
Zack
Calamity
Calamity
Zack

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy Main Story RP Arc IX   Final Fantasy Main Story RP Arc IX - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2013 10:54 am

Zack was close to Cloud and he flew over them as they seemed to be confused by Cloud's spell.
At least he was out of range for the death claw and he tapped the buster sword grabbing the hilt of the blade as he sped up ahead and activated the blizzaga spell pointing the sword at the Death Claws near the entrance.

Large blocks of ice landed right over the monsters and he put the sword back i place as he flew into the city.
"Sorry Dark Nation. You've been pretty good though."
At least he knew Rufus trained the hound not to be motion sick. That was a bonus.

Last edited by Zack on Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:57 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dark Nation
Shinra Janitor
Shinra Janitor
Dark Nation

Title : Kitty!Cloud's Lord

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy Main Story RP Arc IX   Final Fantasy Main Story RP Arc IX - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2013 10:55 am

He was not happy about the situation. At all.

It was true he liked to stand on high things (he spent many years napping on top of his Master's wardrobe because it was a good vantage point of the door), but this was something new altogether. He liked his paws on the ground and the ground was a long, long way away.

The stench of Jenova was overwhelming at times and a low level whine of discomfort welled in his throat at the entire situation. He would have preferred to run - true he could watch the boy better from where he was, but where he was did not feel safe.

He tilted his head up at Zack and gave a grumbly growl before looking down again. He wanted this to be over.

Now.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cloud
Remnant
Remnant
Cloud

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy Main Story RP Arc IX   Final Fantasy Main Story RP Arc IX - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2013 11:00 am

"Hold on tight!" He called to Denzel, snaking an arm around the other as the bike went up a piece of shattered ice, using it as a ramp. Fenrir landed and kept going. One of the Death Claws turned to him and he leaned his bike to the side where he could hack at the last one with his dagger-like blade. For that moment, he had no hands on the handlebars, but he managed to lean his bike back into being centered.

His arm moved from Denzel's waist onto the handle.

The drive to the church was fairly short from the entrance. He meandered through the rubble with speed and finally came to an abrupt stop in front of the church. "Sorry." He whispered to the brunet and opened the blade sockets again. He combined the weapon in record time as he got off Fenrir, and looked back at Denzel. "How are you feeling?"

A scared part of him wanted to wait for Zack before going further, like old times.

--Cloud Strife
Back to top Go down
Kadaj
Third Class
Third Class
Kadaj

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy Main Story RP Arc IX   Final Fantasy Main Story RP Arc IX - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2013 11:07 am

"You will either wish for us to return your friend from the hands of the Calamity, or to regain the strength with which to wield your own weapon," he said with a smile, though his face was still sad. He looked up at Sephiroth and shook his head. "We have not the power for the first any longer, and not even the water at the church will help him."

It was subtle but it was their way of letting the General know that they knew where they were headed, and what was possibly crossing his mind.

"Geostigma and Jenova are different taints. Similar but different."

He stood, eyes looking as though he was surveying the room though his gaze penetrated much further. No word was given as the body dissolved into a ball of light which dazzled the room and then twinkled out.

In the room in Healin the light appeared, enveloping the sword and winking back out again. Returned to the room in Kalm, Kadaj stood holding the sword across both palms, careful with his handling of it.

"We can return this to you as a soldier of Gaia. She has been broken but reforged well." Kadaj smiled and looked up at Sephiroth. "Much like her master."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Denzel
Third Class
Third Class
Denzel

Title : The Child Soldier

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy Main Story RP Arc IX   Final Fantasy Main Story RP Arc IX - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2013 11:11 am

As soon as the monsters had been pointed out Denzel's gaze flickered up and he focused in an attempt to make them out. They seemed blurred and a hand went to his head as the group seemed to double. They blurred together before something caught his attention. He couldn't make it out. He didn't know if the heat was because of the fever or something else completely.

He leaned back as the arm wrapped around him and then was released again. He leaned heavily against Cloud's chest as he tried to focus. He was seeing double again and his head pounded, a stabbing pain. Denzel didn't move until Fenrir came to a stop and moved off after Cloud did. Eyes focused ahead and tried to force his double vision into single. One stumbling step was taken and Denzel blinked as the pain continued to stab in his head.

Denzel stopped as his vision cleared enough to focus on something, the black substance that dripped over his hand. He knew it... he knew it all too well. It was the nightmare that haunted him in those days. But it was gone... right? It was completely gone, he had been healed, but all he could see was discolored skin that disappeared beneath the sleeve of his jacket.

What was happening?

His breath caught in his throat as he took a step back.

Final Fantasy Main Story RP Arc IX - Page 19 Denzel-banner2
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zack
Calamity
Calamity
Zack

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy Main Story RP Arc IX   Final Fantasy Main Story RP Arc IX - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2013 11:16 am

Zack landed down on the ground and he set Dark Nation down letting his wings vanish as he adjusted the sword and duffel bag.
"So sorry about that dog." He had heard each complaint Dark Nation made along the way.
Though at the same time he was trying to bite back from laughing at the last grumpy growl.
"Good to have all four paws back on the ground huh?"

Zack looked to Cloud and Denzel then he moved up to the church door and he pushed them open.
"Lets do this then." He glanced back seeing Denzel looking at his hand, he was seeing something.
"Denzel." He snapped his fingers sharply. "Stay with us okay. We won't let anything happen to you."
'Or Aerith...' He added in thought stepping through the threshold of the church.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sephiroth
Ancient / Cetra
Ancient / Cetra
Sephiroth

Title : One-Winged Angel

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy Main Story RP Arc IX   Final Fantasy Main Story RP Arc IX - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2013 11:28 am

Sephiroth's gaze remained on Kadaj as he spoke, and despite saying nothing the lifestream already knew so easily. He slowly turned from him. That was what he had desired, Zack's freedom, but perhaps nothing would grant that except for Jenova's death. Nothing he could do would save him now.

He had sworn to Zack but until he no longer had any choice he would not take that action. The second suggestion had not been there, he would not ask for that which was taken from him.

"Then there is no cure for him."

And if there was no cure it was only a matter of time. He would have to chose between the chances or let the desire of revenge take hold until she was eliminated. Sephiroth leaned back against the wall as his attention remained away from Kadaj until the shock of the light. He was up in an instant only for Kadaj to reappear. Green eyes focused on Kadaj as he slowly approached him. There was a flicker of anger as Kadaj held the blade.

"So you bring this here, as a reminder of what has been lost?"

What he gave up in the end to be free from the touch.

Final Fantasy Main Story RP Arc IX - Page 19 Sephiroth-banner1
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dark Nation
Shinra Janitor
Shinra Janitor
Dark Nation

Title : Kitty!Cloud's Lord

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy Main Story RP Arc IX   Final Fantasy Main Story RP Arc IX - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2013 11:30 am

Dark Nation stood very still as he made sure the ground was, in fact, beneath his feet. He turned to look at Zack and snorted before stretching out and rolling onto the ground, wriggling against it to make sure it was really there before flipping back to his paws, shaking off the dirt and sitting casually licking his paw.

His nose snuffled at the air as Zack moved past, his nose and eyes locking on Denzel. He was up in a flash, bounding over to the boy and knocking him down, licking his face with the jubilant wagging of his spike and pleased snuffly whimpering sounds as his nose nudged over all of him to make sure he was okay before licking his cheek a final time and looking down at him with a pleased look.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cloud
Remnant
Remnant
Cloud

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy Main Story RP Arc IX   Final Fantasy Main Story RP Arc IX - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2013 11:36 am

Cloud's face went pale. What the hell am I supposed to do? He felt like hiding and shouting at the same time. He peered to Denzel and wondered what was happening. Hell, he didn't even go through a mako treatment. He was the most unfit person for this job, even Dark Nation was doing more than he could. He pushed his blade into the ground and stepped closer.

"Denzel, you're alright."

What the hell was that? Were those three words supposed to comfort him?

--Cloud Strife
Back to top Go down
Kadaj
Third Class
Third Class
Kadaj

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy Main Story RP Arc IX   Final Fantasy Main Story RP Arc IX - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2013 11:38 am

"We bring this to you as a reminder of what can be regained."

The hands moved towards Sephiroth, offering it up to him.

"Have faith in us, Sephiroth of Gaia. We would not have returned you with free will if we did not think that you would have chosen the right path when it presented to you. Your mind is still troubled, but your heart is good. It has found that which it was so desperately seeking before. That which it found in a dark place with a dark purpose and embraced because you could not know better. That which all humans strive for."

The blade was raised slightly again.

"Fight with us. Fight for us all. Take back that which was taken from you and prove that our faith is not misplaced."

It wasn't said that they could heal Zack - they would not use him as a bribe, or as collateral. The choice was Sephiroth's alone - whether he would fight and reverse what he had done, or if he would deny the one thing that could offer him his strength without sacrificing his freedom.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Denzel
Third Class
Third Class
Denzel

Title : The Child Soldier

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy Main Story RP Arc IX   Final Fantasy Main Story RP Arc IX - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2013 11:49 am

Denzel's attention was drawn away from his hand as soon as Zack called out his name. He shook his head to try to clear it and turned back to look at Cloud. He wanted to say something but never got the chance.

The heavy weight slammed against his chest and Denzel hit the ground hard. His back hit and he tried to catch his breath but too late as a wet tongue lapped over his face.

"Hey! Hey!" Hands were brought up in an instant to try to defend himself from the lapping tongue as it wet his face. The cool wet nose nudged against him and for the first time in what felt like forever the smile broke. "I'm okay!" He reached up to shove the dog back but to no avail when he finally heard Cloud's voice.

Denzel let his head drop as he stared up. "Yeah, I'm okay."

Final Fantasy Main Story RP Arc IX - Page 19 Denzel-banner2
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zack
Calamity
Calamity
Zack

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy Main Story RP Arc IX   Final Fantasy Main Story RP Arc IX - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2013 11:57 am

Zack heard the noise behind him and he turned round to look.
It was a nice sight to see amongst everything.
"Cloud..." He nodded to the door. "I think Dark Nation can watch him for a few."
Since Denzel seemed okay for now, they had to focus on trying to help Aerith.

Zack just hoped he could do this. He was tainted after all, it could fail miserably.
But they had to try, she did so much for them and the planet.
They could at least try to save her. He wanted to save her.
Just so he could say he was sorry.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cloud
Remnant
Remnant
Cloud

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy Main Story RP Arc IX   Final Fantasy Main Story RP Arc IX - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2013 12:05 pm

Cloud pulled his blade from the earth and he glanced at the dog. "Take care of him, pup. I trust you." He put the blade on his back and swallowed hard. He looked at Zack and nodded once.

Please be safe, Aerith.... I don't...

He knew it was a selfish thought, but...

I don't want to go through this again.

He felt an unsettling heaviness in his heart: his entire chest felt like it was made of lead, and every movement was slow and forced. He looked at Zack once before moving into the church. He looked around, feeling a crushing terror inside. She's not here. Aerith had never been 'Here', not since they first left Midgar as a group, but her warm presence, the flashes of light and colour that would seep into his psyche whenenever Cloud stopped by... it was gone. He felt the thickness make his heartbeats strong and painful.

Can't lose hope. He pressed on to the centre of the church.

--Cloud Strife
Back to top Go down
Zack
Calamity
Calamity
Zack

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy Main Story RP Arc IX   Final Fantasy Main Story RP Arc IX - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2013 12:22 pm

Zack let out a breath it was weird to walk up the isle of the church and not feel anything.
Even when he came here to get the buster sword, there had been a hint of her.
Just the smell of flowers amongst the water namely. But even then it had reminded him of her.
Whatever it was he had felt back then it seemed ages ago. It hadn't been that long a few months max maybe?

Zack moved up to the water's edge and he crouched down.
He let his fingers move through the water. He closed his eyes and tried to focus on that feeling before.
What he remembered from being with her in the lifestream. It had seemed like so long ago.
He was reaching out hoping he could touch some part of her like she had reached out for them.

Zack found that single strand of memory after his death.
He remembered when she died when Cloud had lowered her into the waters.
He had been there watching, waiting, and he had caught her upon her arrival.
Zack squeezed his eyes closed and he reached into the water hoping something would link him to her.

He reached behind and held out his hand for Cloud to grab.
"Help me out here Cloudy just in case this back fires."
He didn't want to get dragged in to deep in case he ended up trapped.
That wouldn't do Seph, Cloud or Denzel any good especially when he promised he'd live.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cloud
Remnant
Remnant
Cloud

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy Main Story RP Arc IX   Final Fantasy Main Story RP Arc IX - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2013 12:48 pm

"Zack!" He shouted as the man touched the water. "What the hell are you doing? You're... You're Jenova, Zack. The Lifestream isn't yours." He looked away, hating to be the one to say it. "Her cells are in your body... you're not..." He looked away and reached down, grabbing his arm and shaking his head. "What are you planning on doing?"

--Cloud Strife
Back to top Go down
Zack
Calamity
Calamity
Zack

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy Main Story RP Arc IX   Final Fantasy Main Story RP Arc IX - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2013 12:58 pm

"A link. We were in the lifestream together." He looked back at Cloud as he felt his arm grabbed.
"All of us, Seph and Jenova included we were all up there. Everyone had a unique energy up there."
He was thinking of how he could explain it. "I'm looking for her's. If I can find it perhaps we can help."
It was a stupid long shot given he was tainted and he knew it, but he could still look.
"We could save her if I can find her." he didn't want to sound desperate.
But Aerith meant as much to him as she did to Cloud.
"I don't know how else to look for her."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Loz
Shinra Janitor
Shinra Janitor
Loz

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy Main Story RP Arc IX   Final Fantasy Main Story RP Arc IX - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2013 1:04 pm

“Yaz!” Loz could not help saying out loud. Not having heard the other in his head he could not control himself. People stared at him as they walked by. Shaking his head Loz started to pet the black chocobo pretending he was talking to the damn bird or something. Which ended up being for the better as the inn doors opened and out came Cloud, Zack and the little brunette kid, Dez? Something like that. Loz tried to keep his body behind as Cloud passed by holding the boy on his bike. After glancing back up at the window to the kadaj-who-didn’t-feel-like-his-brother Loz saught out Yazoo in his mind.

Yazoo, oh its so good to hear you! I’m not sure where I am but the traitors are here, and just passed me. I’m so confused, I can’t feel ‘Daj but there is someone here who looks like him! And, I don’t know….

Loz started to describe the city around him hoping that Yazoo would have an idea of where he was and could make it to him. In the middle of describing to to Yazoo the light appeared in the inn window again. Loz looked up in time to see Kadaj-thing move away from the window and out of sight.

Loz didn’t know what was going on and his emotions were starting to cloud him. Either he was going to break down crying or kill something. Either was not an option he wanted right now.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Yazoo
ShinRa Cadet
ShinRa Cadet
Yazoo

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy Main Story RP Arc IX   Final Fantasy Main Story RP Arc IX - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2013 1:17 pm

Yazoo couldn't help but smile at the sound of Loz's voice in his mind and he started walking faster. Calm down, brother. I am on my way to you and I have a lot to tell you. He said softly, trying to sooth the elder remnant. Yazoo had a feeling Loz would be crying very soon, if he wasn't already, had he had to move quickly.

He ducked behind a rock when he saw Cloud go zooming past on his bike. Can't let them see me. He thought and started to run off towards the nearby town.

It would take him a while on foot but he wasn't about to stop, not when he knew Loz was there waiting for him. He had missed his brother so much, more so since Kadaj had all but rejected him.
A smirk past over his lips as he remember the gift he'd received when Mother's cells had been returned to him. A single black wing with silver tips emerged from his left shoulder and he stretched it a bit before taking off and flying swiftly towards Kalm. Where are you, brother? I'm not far from the town now. He called out, trying to pinpoint Loz's location.

Final Fantasy Main Story RP Arc IX - Page 19 Ooa6r
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cloud
Remnant
Remnant
Cloud

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy Main Story RP Arc IX   Final Fantasy Main Story RP Arc IX - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2013 1:42 pm

"I fell into the Lifestream, it's why I had that bond with you and Aerith... but since Jenova... you..." Cloud put his hand over Zack's, slipping his fingers in between. He gave a worried look, his mako-baby-blue eyes filled with fear and determination.

"Together, then."

He swallowed hard and dipped his and Zack's hand into the church's water. "We'll call for her."

Aerith... He sent their thoughts throughout the Lifestream, hoping to reach the Cetra.

--Cloud Strife
Back to top Go down
Sephiroth
Ancient / Cetra
Ancient / Cetra
Sephiroth

Title : One-Winged Angel

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy Main Story RP Arc IX   Final Fantasy Main Story RP Arc IX - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2013 10:52 pm

The title the lifestream gave to him, how ironic, the once enemy of the planet now asked to help save it. His gaze settled on Kadaj and the moments passed before long fingers wrapped around the hilt of the blade and lifted it up from Kadaj's palms. So many years it had been his weapon, the one thing that stayed true even when nothing else did.

Sephiroth's gaze locked on Kadaj for a long moment.

"I will fight for you, you have what I can give," a reason to fight, he had had reasons before, revenge, mostly, however now it was his responsibility to fight in order to right the wrongs he had committed. It was as he had searched for from the beginning, redemption. It was the only thing left if it gave him the power to battle Jenova even if for no other reason than to free Zack from her touch.

Final Fantasy Main Story RP Arc IX - Page 19 Sephiroth-banner1
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy Main Story RP Arc IX   Final Fantasy Main Story RP Arc IX - Page 19 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Final Fantasy Main Story RP Arc IX
Page 19 of 36Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 27 ... 36  Next