FFVII Revelations
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Final Fantasy VII Role-Play Forum. Two Characters Per Person.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Astraphobia [M] [Closed]

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Kadaj
Third Class
Third Class
Kadaj

Astraphobia [M] [Closed] - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Astraphobia [M] [Closed]   Astraphobia [M] [Closed] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 11:20 pm

Kadaj sighed and ran his fingers through his hair - this was going to be more complicated to come back from than he thought.

He took the hint and went back into the bedroom, finally spotting his pants and tugging them on. He paused in the room long enough to make the bed and then head back to his own bedroom, ducking into the shower and taking care of the erection that had decided to spring back. It wasn't the same as having someone else touch him but the release was still welcome.

It didn't take much longer for him to dry off and dress, running his hands over the school uniform with a quiet sigh and grabbing his books, trotting down to the kitchen and making himself toast. He set the coffee machine so that it would be done by the time his father descended, grabbing his own breakfast and heading out of the door long before the coffee machine pinged.

It would be best if he avoided him for a little while, just so they both got their heads straight. So he could stop wanting to do it all over again.
Back to top Go down
Sephiroth
Ancient / Cetra
Ancient / Cetra
Sephiroth

Title : One-Winged Angel

PostSubject: Re: Astraphobia [M] [Closed]   Astraphobia [M] [Closed] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 12:41 am

After his hair was at least dried to a damp point and brushed, an activity that took more time than it was worth. With coffee finished Sephiroth headed out before deciding to get a drink. He would need it if he wanted to make it through the day. One hand stuffed into a pocket Sephiroth sighed as he grabbed the pack and flipped it open. One cigarette was grabbed and he replaced it before taking his lighter next.

The spark shot and it shot again. He could see the spark but it had yet to sprout into a flame.

Again it sparked and a growl escaped. Just his luck.
Back to top Go down
Reno Nevada
First Class
First Class
Reno Nevada

PostSubject: Re: Astraphobia [M] [Closed]   Astraphobia [M] [Closed] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 12:58 am

Reno swirled the amber liquid around his glass for the hundredth time, watching the small ice cubes swirling around and settling again with the soft clanking sound he was all too familiar with. It had been a very long night - everyone was heading to work just as he was heading home to sleep after his plane was delayed and arrived 8 hours later than scheduled.

It was the bad side of the job - the crazy hours, the flights out of town. He knew that he didn't look like much, either - people in the bars assumed he was an alcoholic or just sore out of luck on the job front and flunked another interview. It never crossed their minds that the painfully expensive suit was a give-away that the slightly dishevelled shocking red hair, un-tucked shirt and multiple piercings were signs that he was valuable enough to get away with dressing how he liked.

There were a few other poor sods like himself, and the odd morning drinker - he didn't judge. Everyone's jobs took their tolls in different ways, or their wives were especially naggy that morning. He'd heard every excuse in the short hour he'd been there.

He threw back the last of his drink and tossed the notes on the bar, giving the bartender a salute and grin as he shouldered the rucksack and head out of the door, pausing to grab the cigarettes out of his suit pocket. He heard the familiar click of a lighter not wanting to co-operate and gave a soft chuckle, grabbing his own from his pocket and turning, flicking the flame to life and holding it to the tip of the man's cigarette.

"They always crap out when you need them most, yo," he said with a smile, taking his thumb from the gas lever and holding it out to the silver haired man. "I have a few dozen scattered in here somewhere," he raised his shoulder, the rucksack bouncing, "and you look like one won't be enough."
Back to top Go down
Sephiroth
Ancient / Cetra
Ancient / Cetra
Sephiroth

PostSubject: Re: Astraphobia [M] [Closed]   Astraphobia [M] [Closed] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 1:52 am

Sephiroth lifted his head slightly and his hair shifted around his shoulders as eyes flickered towards the source of the voice and the flame. The end was lit and he breathed in the nicotine in relief. He had needed it after that night and he knew that most of all he would need more before he got home. Facing Kadaj again was not something he was looking forward to. With any luck the other two wouldn't be caught by the cops again.

"You have no idea," Sephiroth said as he reached up to take the lighter. Slowly his eyes lingered towards the unkempt man however his attention was snatched by the blue eyes. Despite his unprofessional appearance he was attractive, the intense color of those eyes caught his attention before the piercings and appearance. It was such a far cry from his own very professional appearance, clothing pressed and tie in perfect place.
Back to top Go down
Reno Nevada
First Class
First Class
Reno Nevada

PostSubject: Re: Astraphobia [M] [Closed]   Astraphobia [M] [Closed] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 2:01 am

Reno's eyes flicked over the silver hair, green eyes and perfectly pressed suit. This one was off to work; idly he was thankful he didn't work with the man because he'd never get anything done with a view like that. It wasn't hard to notice that the man was checking him out just as much, and he couldn't help but grin.

He took a step back so he wasn't so close, offering a hand. "Reno Nevada, T-Tech. Just in from the airport before you wonder what the heck is going on with all the creases," he chuckled. "I clean up better most days."
Back to top Go down
Sephiroth
Ancient / Cetra
Ancient / Cetra
Sephiroth

PostSubject: Re: Astraphobia [M] [Closed]   Astraphobia [M] [Closed] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 2:40 am

Sephiroth turned back towards the man as he gave a nod and took the offered hand. He knew the company, but he knew most companies. Information was a valuable asset, especially when it was who he knew that kept two of his three sons out of hard time. The longer fingers closed around the hand as he removed the cigarette and held it between two fingers.

"Sephiroth Crescent, Shinra Inc." he said as he jerked his head towards the single towering building that dominated the skyline. It was one of the legends in the city however it was not something he enjoyed.

But it made the money and connections he needed to keep his children out of too much trouble.
Back to top Go down
Reno Nevada
First Class
First Class
Reno Nevada

PostSubject: Re: Astraphobia [M] [Closed]   Astraphobia [M] [Closed] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 2:53 am

Reno shook his hand - a firm handshake, always a good sign - and then released it, going back to his cigarettes and tapping one out, fishing a lighter out of one of the myriad pockets and swiftly lighting it with a content sigh. His gaze followed Sephiroth's to the tall building.

"It's a blight on the skyline, but the company keeps ours in business," he chuckled. He didn't mind admitting that they were a subsidiary of ShinRa Inc. to an employee on the payroll - not that many knew that T-Tech was working with them. From the look of the suit, this was someone who already knew in any case.

He flicked his gaze sideways to Sephiroth - the man was a touch taller than he was, well built and most definitely going to be a sight for sore eyes when undressed. He took another pull on the cigarette and exhaled lazy rings at the morning sky.

"How about I buy you the drink you're here for," he offered casually. If he was reading the man wrong he could get himself in a spot of bother, but he was willing to risk it. "You look like you could use some company, and I'm told I can be good company; especially when I'm tired - I shut up more often."
Back to top Go down
Sephiroth
Ancient / Cetra
Ancient / Cetra
Sephiroth

PostSubject: Re: Astraphobia [M] [Closed]   Astraphobia [M] [Closed] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 3:41 am

Offering to buy him a drink... when was the last time that had happened? Not lately to be certain. In his prime he had certainly been the recipient of many but lately the only liquor he had was what he bought from the store. Time usually wasn't taken at the bar but the last thing he wanted was Kadaj coming home and going through the recyclable to find empty liquor battles.

He didn't need to clue his son into the shape he was in as the guilt continued to wrack him. Maybe it was time to take a break.

"I think I will take you up on that offer."

A soft sigh escaped as the cigarette was replaced and he inhaled the nicotine before exhaling slowly. It was much better than going into work and attempting not to strangle the whore who he knew would be there.
Back to top Go down
Reno Nevada
First Class
First Class
Reno Nevada

PostSubject: Re: Astraphobia [M] [Closed]   Astraphobia [M] [Closed] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 3:47 am

Reno grinned and shifted the bag on his shoulder, going to the bar door and pulling it open, gesturing for Sephiroth to go first. Not many bars let the punters smoke inside any more, but the red head had pulled a few strings with his bosses to get the place to allow it again - it was the bar or his office, and this was the lesser of the two evils. Of course he wasn't the only person to enjoy the benefit of it.

"What's your poison? Or breakfast, in this case?"
Back to top Go down
Sephiroth
Ancient / Cetra
Ancient / Cetra
Sephiroth

PostSubject: Re: Astraphobia [M] [Closed]   Astraphobia [M] [Closed] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 4:05 am

Sephiroth had seen that grin however he knew what he was walking into. Maybe this would be the trick, to escape from constantly thinking about what had happened. He followed him as he took another breath and stepped up towards Reno.

"Whiskey on the rocks," Sephiroth said as he glanced ahead. Normally he wasn't much of a morning drinker but after that night he could be smoking a pack within a day and drinking from sun up to sun down and it still wouldn't be enough.

Sephiroth reached up and he loosened the tie for a short while as he glanced back over.
Back to top Go down
Reno Nevada
First Class
First Class
Reno Nevada

PostSubject: Re: Astraphobia [M] [Closed]   Astraphobia [M] [Closed] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 4:13 am

Reno followed him in and nodded to one of the booths - it was easier to talk that way, rather than at the bar, and sitting opposite him gave him the excuse to look at him. He went over and dropped the rucksack on the plump seating and tapped the cigarette in the ash tray.

He left Sephiroth to get comfortable and went to the bar, ordering two doubles. It wasn't specified how much he wanted, and he figured a generously poured double shot would come across better.

It amused him that he was interested not so much impressing the man, but not showing himself up in front of him. He supposed it was part and parcel with the break up he was still mostly refusing to acknowledge though it had happened a good six months previous. He hadn't been showy enough for his last boyfriend and it smarted a little still.

He took both glasses and went over to the booth, nudging one towards Sephiroth with a smile. "So come on then - what has you down this early in the morning?"
Back to top Go down
Sephiroth
Ancient / Cetra
Ancient / Cetra
Sephiroth

PostSubject: Re: Astraphobia [M] [Closed]   Astraphobia [M] [Closed] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 4:24 am

It was a bit startling that Reno had just gone out and asked him. Sephiroth knew he could not tell him the truth. If he did it was likely to end with child services being called for sexual abuse of his child. It would be far simpler just to give him the most base form of it. "Two of my sons," Sephiroth finally said as he picked up the drink and removed the cigarette from between his lips, taking a gulp of the liquid.

"They are... difficult to raise. The epitome of problem children."

It would be safe that way. No one needed to know about Kadaj. It was better if no one knew the situation.
Back to top Go down
Reno Nevada
First Class
First Class
Reno Nevada

PostSubject: Re: Astraphobia [M] [Closed]   Astraphobia [M] [Closed] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 4:37 am

The glass stopped half way to his lips as the word "sons" was uttered. It was placed back on the table without him taking a sip, leaning back and unashamedly looking over the man opposite him. There was absolutely not sign on the man that he had children - and it wasn't hard to tell when it came down to those smudges of food or paint that somehow inevitably got their way onto the suit.

It meant they were at least 10, 11 years old. He must have started pretty young.

It also meant the possibility he was barking up the wrong tree... though he was a fine one to presume.

"Mmm, seems you've hit on the one problem I'm not good at solving. My ex-wife still complains that I'm not enough of a father - but when I hardly get time with my daughter I'm not going to be some asshole that she doesn't want to see at all." He took a sip and crushed out the spent cigarette, lighting another. "Seven and a half - yours?"
Back to top Go down
Sephiroth
Ancient / Cetra
Ancient / Cetra
Sephiroth

PostSubject: Re: Astraphobia [M] [Closed]   Astraphobia [M] [Closed] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 4:55 am

Sephiroth had not been paying attention to how many cigarettes it had been and he didn't care. "Sixteen, all three of them. Got drunk one night and next thing I know nine months later girl shows up on my doorstep telling me they're my problem."

He shook his head as a sigh escaped. He was a single father, had been since he was young. There was never much of a life for him. "I can't offer anything on the parenting front. I don't even know what I'm doing most the time with one being arrested for assault, one being arrested for drug possession, and the last one just has his own problems."

Like the fact that he decided it was a good plan to give me a blowjob.

Sephiroth's head dropped slightly and his hair shifted around his shoulders as his eyes lowered away from Reno's blue ones.
Back to top Go down
Reno Nevada
First Class
First Class
Reno Nevada

PostSubject: Re: Astraphobia [M] [Closed]   Astraphobia [M] [Closed] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 5:13 am

Reno nearly choked on his drink at the revelation of how old they were. "Triplets?" He practically squeaked. "Damn that is the worst luck from a one night stand I have ever heard of. Not that kids are bad or anything," he added hastily, realising how bad that could sound. "Does it help if I tell you that you look bloody amazing for having three teenagers?"

He took another mouthful and shook his head. "I don't think I could manage Cerys alone, so you have my utmost respect," he said honestly. "I can't say she was planned any more than yours were... My father was insistent that I got married, and my best friend bit the bullet for me. Couple of years in we'd had a few drinks and decided that if we were going to be in the relationship we might as well see if we can make it work as a marriage. Our daughter came along nine months later and my dad dropped dead 6 months after that. We were divorced before the end of the year."

He finished his glass and gave a quiet chuckle. "To be fair a marriage between a gay man and a lesbian wasn't exactly destined to work out, and her parents didn't give as much of a damn as my father did so... So I have no idea why I'm pouring this all out when we're meant to be talking about you."

He waved the bartender to bring over another round. "You sound like you have your hands full."
Back to top Go down
Sephiroth
Ancient / Cetra
Ancient / Cetra
Sephiroth

PostSubject: Re: Astraphobia [M] [Closed]   Astraphobia [M] [Closed] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 6:18 am

Sephiroth blinked at the sudden compliment as he lifted his head. "I age well apparently," Sephiroth stared down at his drink for a moment as he finished it and lit another cigarette. He didn't feel like he had aged well though. He felt exhausted after even a day and the real reason why he didn't have any relationships even back then was due to the fact that nights with a babysitter he would get a hotel room and sleep.

Though he loved them they had run him ragged over the years and now Kadaj had just done that.

"I never had the urge to marry, even with the children," eyes shut for a moment as a sigh escaped. "Full doesn't even begin to cover it," he said and then looked towards Reno. Fingers brushed lightly through his hair. "It's just been one of those days."

And the worst part was that it wasn't even the beginning of it.
Back to top Go down
Reno Nevada
First Class
First Class
Reno Nevada

PostSubject: Re: Astraphobia [M] [Closed]   Astraphobia [M] [Closed] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 6:35 am

"Take my advice - don't get married. Every day becomes 'one of those days'," Reno snorted softly, lighting another cigarette too and taking the fresh glass from the bartender who had bought them over. "Hmm, maybe that's too cynical. I guess when you meet the right guy it can work."

He decided to see if that would settle, or if Sephiroth chose to chime in with "or right woman". It was by no means subtle but he was exhausted and it was taking all his energy not to lay a proposition on the table and be done with it.

"Anyway, you shouldn't write today off yet - it's only just started," he continued, chirpy. "Things can always get better."
Back to top Go down
Sephiroth
Ancient / Cetra
Ancient / Cetra
Sephiroth

PostSubject: Re: Astraphobia [M] [Closed]   Astraphobia [M] [Closed] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 6:49 am

Of course, he could never know. Never had he even claimed to find love before and with good reason. It didn't matter though if he was able to find love or not. "Maybe someday but I'm not getting any younger."

Thought it wasn't like it could get much worse, or at least it couldn't as long as Kadaj didn't show up in his office. "They can get worse too."

That would just be the cherry on the cake, for Kadaj to arrive with announcement that one or both of the other two had been arrested. That was one bit of news he never liked to hear but it always needed to be dealt with. There had been more than once that he had toyed with the idea of sending them away to boarding school. It would at least be easier for his psyche.

Slowly Sephiroth exhaled as he took a gulp of the new drink. There was still work but that was almost a blessing rather than the night and facing Kadaj again.
Back to top Go down
Reno Nevada
First Class
First Class
Reno Nevada

PostSubject: Re: Astraphobia [M] [Closed]   Astraphobia [M] [Closed] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 7:02 am

"With such a sunny outlook I'm sure the day can only possibly be glorious," he smirked, balancing the cigarette in the ash tray and stretching, reaching to the back of his hair and undoing the ponytail, ruffling his hair while stifling a yawn. "Gods, that's rude of me, sorry."

He knew he ought to make the journey back to his apartment before he fell asleep on the table but he wasn't keen on leaving the poor man behind. His hand immediately went to his bag and he pulled out his card case, slipping a business card out and offering it to Sephiroth.

"Why don't you call me later - let me know if it gets any better today," he suggested. "If it does I'll buy you a drink to celebrate, if it doesn't I'll buy you a drink to commiserate."

He downed the contents of his glass with a smile and took up the cigarette again, slipping out of the booth. "I'm only running out on you because if I stay you'll learn that I snore and might run screaming before I've had a chance to charm you," he grinned, offering his hand again. "It's been nice meeting you."
Back to top Go down
Sephiroth
Ancient / Cetra
Ancient / Cetra
Sephiroth

PostSubject: Re: Astraphobia [M] [Closed]   Astraphobia [M] [Closed] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 7:21 am

Sephiroth blinked as the man left and stared at the business card in his hand. He knew he should throw it away, should just focus on his family, however a one night stand and a chance to get laid was sounding very tempting at the moment. One thing Kadaj had been right about was that it had been a very long time. Sephiroth stared into the drink as he finally made up his mind.

He reached for his phone and typed in the numbers for the text in order to send it to his three sons.

Will be home late. Order some pizza, don't need to save any. NO PARTIES.
Back to top Go down
Kadaj
Third Class
Third Class
Kadaj

PostSubject: Re: Astraphobia [M] [Closed]   Astraphobia [M] [Closed] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 7:30 am

Kadaj grabbed the vibrating phone from his pocket (he tended to keep it on for those occasions he was called to bail his brothers out) and frowned a little as he saw it was from his father. After that morning he doubted that it could be good news at all.

"Working late?" he muttered to himself with a roll of his eyes. "Avoiding me, more like..."

He jammed the phone back in his pocket with a sigh, knowing full well home would be a war zone if he tried to go back tonight after his brothers got the same message. If he was lucky he could sneak in and lock himself in his room until things died down or their father got home.

"Thanks dad..."
Back to top Go down
Sephiroth
Ancient / Cetra
Ancient / Cetra
Sephiroth

PostSubject: Re: Astraphobia [M] [Closed]   Astraphobia [M] [Closed] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 8:13 am

The tie was retied once again as Sephiroth stood and lit another cigarette. Leaving the bar he headed towards the train and stopped outside the station. There was still more than enough time to make it to work. The phone was flipped open again as Sephiroth dialed the number on the card and brought it up as it rang. It had been far too long and the best thing he could do was forget about it for just one moment.

He needed time to sort out what had happened with Kadaj and for that he needed time.

The ringing continued as Sephiroth leaned back. He wasn't too old for a one night stand was he?
Back to top Go down
Reno Nevada
First Class
First Class
Reno Nevada

PostSubject: Re: Astraphobia [M] [Closed]   Astraphobia [M] [Closed] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 8:24 am

Reno left the bar with a smile he couldn't quite explain. Maybe it was that Sephiroth had taken the card, or maybe that he had an adult conversation with someone for (as his ex would like to insist) the first time in his life. It had been uncommonly quite comfortable though not much was said - or rather he as usual said too much - but there was always hope that the feeling was a tad mutual.

After all, they both probably needed to get laid as badly as the other.

He had just stepped into his apartment as his cell phone rang. He dropped the rucksack by the door (making a mental note to call the airport and demand to know where the rest of his luggage was) and scrambled through the contents for it, holding it aloft with a sense of triumph.

"Hmm, unknown number," he mused, kicking off his shoes and pressing the answer button. "Hello?"

He wandered into the living room, unbuttoning his shirt as he waited for a response from the other end of the line.
Back to top Go down
Sephiroth
Ancient / Cetra
Ancient / Cetra
Sephiroth

PostSubject: Re: Astraphobia [M] [Closed]   Astraphobia [M] [Closed] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 8:46 am

There was the answer and Sephiroth inhaled before blowing out. "This is Sephiroth."

He gave a pause as he leaned back and his eyes shut for a moment. "How is seven at the bar," he knew that he should be out by then, even if he was a little late out of the office. There was a light tap of a finger on the back of his phone. It had indeed been a very long time and now he could only await Reno's answer. Moving slightly he glanced to the watch again to check the time.

Yes there was still enough time. The last thing he wanted or needed was to be late to work.
Back to top Go down
Reno Nevada
First Class
First Class
Reno Nevada

PostSubject: Re: Astraphobia [M] [Closed]   Astraphobia [M] [Closed] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 9:05 am

Reno stopped undressing as he heard the response, that smile coming back again. "Seven sounds perfect - I promise to get plenty of sleep and be more attentive this time," he chuckled, flopping onto the sofa and grimacing as he fished a doll from under his ass.

He really wasn't sure what else there was to say at that point. He would have suggested they had a few drinks and then went to dinner but that seemed to be a leap forward from 'casual drinks with the guy you only met this morning'.

"I'll probably get there before you - I only live down the road so... what do you want for your first round?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Astraphobia [M] [Closed]   Astraphobia [M] [Closed] - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Astraphobia [M] [Closed]
Page 4 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next