FFVII Revelations
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Final Fantasy VII Role-Play Forum. Two Characters Per Person.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Trouble with Family

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Denzel
Third Class
Third Class
Denzel

Title : The Child Soldier

Trouble with Family Empty
PostSubject: Trouble with Family   Trouble with Family Icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2012 5:02 am

The paper was sitting before him and the teen stared down at it as he stretched. Denzel's eyes shut for a moment as he tapped his pen against the sheet of paper. There was a groan as he leaned forward against the paper. He was supposed to be taking some time off, enjoying his time with his family. Instead he was doing paperwork. He hated this, absolutely hated it.

Maybe joining the army before eighteen hadn't been his smartest idea.

Giving up on the report he lifted his head and distracted himself by rolling the pen back and forth across the bar between two hands. There was an annoyed look as he stared down at the paper, halfway written but his boredom was distracting him. He'd deal with it later.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Trouble with Family   Trouble with Family Icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2012 5:09 am

I had knocked gently on the door before poking my head in the doorway "Hello Denzel.How is that hard paperwork you had been telling me about?" I asked,walking over and looking at the only-half-written paper. "your lacking," i said and picked up the pen.Taking his mind off the pen that he had been playing with. "its gotten harder.Hasnt it?" I looked at the paper again.He was right,it was hard.
Back to top Go down
Denzel
Third Class
Third Class
Denzel

PostSubject: Re: Trouble with Family   Trouble with Family Icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2012 5:32 am

Denzel turned at the sound of her voice and the thievery of the pen. He leaned back and arms slung over the back of the chair. But with the comment of it lacking he turned around. "Hey! I never said you could read it!"

"It's just boring stuff, you know, stuff about the mission, injuries, casualties, whatever."

He couldn't believe he was even talking casually about people dying. It wasn't any of the guys he knew but people died. People always died, sometimes he shot them, sometimes others did. He didn't want Marlene to read it, to know how many of them he had killed. How it didn't seem to bother him anymore to aim and shoot down a living person. There wasn't a war but sometimes things happened.

"The captain said that he wants me to do the report so I get used to it."

He was only sixteen, he should've been in school, should be worrying about stuff like homework and girls, but instead he was a soldier. It was what he had wanted. "I don't see why I have to do it, but he keeps hinting that he's gonna promote me."

But that wasn't stuff Marlene probably cared about. A sigh escaped as Denzel looked back down at the paper. He really did miss being around his family, it always felt better when he was on leave.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Trouble with Family   Trouble with Family Icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2012 5:42 am

Shaking my head I said "So its like a school report but on your job pretty much." thinking for a minute I put the pen down "So this is a count of people that were hurt in this fight..." I said and lowered my head a bit and I raised it.I then spoke "Maybe hes trying to premote you for a very good reason Denzel.Becides your a really good person.Ever since you were smaller with me" I smiled and asked: "Why dont you take a break from this and spend some family time? Or you're too busy at the moment?" If he was busy at the moment,it would make me feel like that I dont have a brother anymore due to him spending more time on the work then the family.Bonding with your family was somewhat more important than anything.But that just depends on what situation or of some sort.I believe that me and the rest of the family were breaking away most of the time with everyone working.

Why do I feel like im doing a terrible job?
Back to top Go down
Denzel
Third Class
Third Class
Denzel

PostSubject: Re: Trouble with Family   Trouble with Family Icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2012 5:58 am

He spun the chair around and picked himself up as he glanced back towards Marlene. Well this was his vacation, and it had been since before training that he had been home. Denzel knew he had probably hurt them all when he left without warning but he had to. He had only ever told Marlene why he had to be strong. "Sure, let's go."

It felt weird, leaving without any weapon on him. Funny how he had gotten so used to the weight of the rifle slung over his back.

"Come on, where did you want to go Marlene?" A smile broke as Denzel turned towards the younger teen and he held out his hand to her. He had missed her, had missed Tifa and Cloud as well. He had never expected it would be so hard to live so far away from them and see them so little. But this was all to become strong like Cloud so they wouldn't be hurt.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Trouble with Family   Trouble with Family Icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2012 6:07 am

Watching him stand and seeing his thinking face I nodded when he had said 'lets go' smiling I walked out of the room with Denzel. "Why dont we go somewhere fun? Like shopping or maybe going to the Carnival that had just came in town?" whe he reached his hand out to me,I looked at it and took it gently. Speaking I said: "Does that sound good to you? And also maybe we can watch the sunset if we're still outside till dawn?" I loved to spend time with Denzel.he was fun and entertaining at many times.
Back to top Go down
Denzel
Third Class
Third Class
Denzel

PostSubject: Re: Trouble with Family   Trouble with Family Icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2012 6:18 am

Shopping... or a carnival... how long had it been that he had just relaxed? Everything had been about rules and orders for so long. It hadn't been since before training that he had even thought of doing something just for fun. "Well whatever you'd like to do. I don't think I've been to a carnival in a long time."

Shopping would probably end with him buying her things, not that he minded. Marlene was the closest thing he had to a sister and as far as he was concerned deserved to be spoiled. "How is school? Any guys I should know about?"

He shot her a smile as he pulled her outside into the familiar streets. He had missed this city, missed his family.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Trouble with Family   Trouble with Family Icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2012 6:24 am

"Alright carnival it is then.Then maybe we can go shopping after" I liked this.I was so excited to be spending time with Denzel since its been so long! I looked at him when he said 'guys' "School is easy,and guys? Nah,I wouldnt have one unless he is right for me.Im not the person that really seeks for boys.You know that" i said kindly.Walking through the streets of Edge,always crowded and loud. "Im glad you took some time to spend time with me.Its been a while since we had done something fun or even talked for a very long time." I looked up at him,it was nice to see his forhead again and not that darn geostigma.
Back to top Go down
Denzel
Third Class
Third Class
Denzel

PostSubject: Re: Trouble with Family   Trouble with Family Icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2012 6:54 am

"Sure, lets do that," Denzel turned back towards her. A laugh escaped as soon as Marlene said that. "Well just checking, you know they need to get through me and your dad first, even Cloud might question them. Can't be too careful," the blue eyes turned towards her as he gave her a smile. "You know to keep them off your back you can just tell them that your brother carries a gun."

"I wish I could get leave more often but even though I save up about a month of leave time each year there's so many missions. Sometimes I'm only on base for a couple of days after a few months and then I'm off again to another city. I missed you guys though," Denzel looked over at her. "On base I have to live in this tiny room with another guy even though we're usually not both around at the same time."

Denzel glanced around as he took in the view of the streets. He had been gone only a year since he started training but already things had changed.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Trouble with Family   Trouble with Family Icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2012 7:00 am

"Your right" thinking about boys really wasnt my thing really.But I liked how Denzel said they would have to go through him and dad first.PLus Cloud also. "Thats true,I will always be careful though,dont worry" I nodded when he give me a tip on how to keep the boys off my back I mentally wrote that in my mind. "Oh,its more like school and trips? Similar but dangerous.I missed you too Denzel." I watched where I was going "At least you have someone to room with" I told him,almost to the carnival.
Back to top Go down
Denzel
Third Class
Third Class
Denzel

PostSubject: Re: Trouble with Family   Trouble with Family Icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2012 7:29 am

After the Geostigma it felt like it had only been a matter of time before he adjusted to being a big brother. And Denzel had loved every second of it, in fact it only cemented his want to get strong. At the comparison of the missions to school and trips a laugh escaped.

"Sure... if school trips involved being shot at."

As soon as those words were out Denzel felt guilty. He knew he shouldn't have said anything about what it really entailed, even though he was pretty sure that Marlene knew how dangerous it was. Some missions weren't so bad, more peacekeeping and guarding than anything, but others were battles. "It's not too bad but any roommate is bad compared to you."

The carnival came into view and Denzel turned back towards Marlene. "So, is this thing free? Or do we buy tickets?"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Trouble with Family   Trouble with Family Icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2012 4:06 pm

"Yeah,but that is the only difference." I shrugged "Thing is,though you are in the most dangerous missions..Im glad your safe.I wouldnt know what I could do without you." I wanted to make him more than happy..Even though I have no idea what is above happy then anything else. "Well you werent a bad roommate.You were a very good one.It would be rare to be the bad roomate" I giggled and then I smiled as we got to the carnival "Its free but I hope you do have money on you,I only have a few dollars."
Back to top Go down
Denzel
Third Class
Third Class
Denzel

PostSubject: Re: Trouble with Family   Trouble with Family Icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2012 5:42 pm

He knew now that even mentioning the danger had been a bad idea. Denzel didn't want Marlene to worry about him, it was just a part of the job. At the mention of money he gave a nod. "Sure, I've got money."

Just a few short years ago he had been just like Marlene, no money in his pocket, able to be just a kid. But he had sacrificed that to become strong like Cloud so he could protect them all. In the end that was all that mattered. If he was strong then no one else had to die for him. He could protect them from being hurt.

Denzel walked ahead as he glanced around the carnival. Lights flashed and it was an assault to his senses but instead he turned and smiled towards Marlene. "Where to first?"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Trouble with Family   Trouble with Family Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2012 12:56 am

"okay,thats good" wow,how time flies.I remebver when we were both smaller and just kids who wanted to have fun.Yet,Denzel was a shy kid while I was the one that was social.But thats what made Denzel..well Denzel.I looked at the flashing lights,they were bright,even during the day.I moved some of my hair from my face looking up at Denzel "How about you pick first? I would gladly like it if you would." More than like it-Love it!
Back to top Go down
Denzel
Third Class
Third Class
Denzel

PostSubject: Re: Trouble with Family   Trouble with Family Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2012 1:35 am

Denzel's eyes searched across the area. He took a deep breath as he eye each of the areas. "How about the shooting games, I can probably win you a prize," he said as he glanced back towards Marlene.

His skills had to be good for something here. Even though it was hard to admit he really did miss these days when he was with his family, but loneliness, he was used to that. Roller coasters just didn't hold excitement any more. When you've been shot at on a regular basis it took so much more to thrill.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Trouble with Family   Trouble with Family Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2012 1:40 am

"Shooting games it is" shooting him a warm smile,I walked over to one of the stands looking at the stuffed animals.There was one that looked just like a Chocobo! Turning to face Denzel I said: "How about this game? and then we can possibly get the Chocobo?" I had a small plushie of one.But not the perfect looks and shape just like this one did.You could even tell I was excited,it was obviously showing on my face and in my eyes.
Back to top Go down
Denzel
Third Class
Third Class
Denzel

PostSubject: Re: Trouble with Family   Trouble with Family Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2012 1:56 am

Denzel managed a nod as he handed over the money and took the rifle from the man. It was rather light, much more so than his usual combat rifle. It was easily flipped over and without pause shot the first jar and then the other ones. This was familiar, what he had been trained to do through twelve weeks of hell. It was his job now and Denzel was even more certain. He had trained and kept training, and with each fight he was getting stronger.

He would keep at it until he was strong enough to protect everyone he cared about.

The man running the booth raised an eyebrow as the last jar shattered.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Trouble with Family   Trouble with Family Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2012 2:03 am

I watched Denzel pay the man and then get the rifle,shooting it he was getting every jar.My eyes widen in amazement.How did he do that!? Well I know he went to the training camp,and trained.Getting better and better each day which was a good thing.He kept shooting untill he got the last bottle.I clapped "well done Denzel!" All that training payed off.As the man handed my-now- Chocobo I looked at Denzel and held it out "here,why dont you keep it?"
Back to top Go down
Denzel
Third Class
Third Class
Denzel

PostSubject: Re: Trouble with Family   Trouble with Family Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2012 2:10 am

Denzel shook his head as he managed a smile. "No, I got it for you," he said as he put a hand on her shoulder. The gun was handed back over as the man watched with a raised eyebrow. Denzel was certain that the man probably would never guess the truth, that he was a member of the army. He was younger than anyone there but he had been approved to join. But shooting bottles was so much easier than shooting people. There was no blood, no regret.

"I'm moving around so much that it would just stay in my quarters."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Trouble with Family   Trouble with Family Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2012 2:15 am

"And I thank you for that." I looked at the hand that was place on my shoulder.Looking back up at Denzel when he spoke,I said; "Even if its stuck in your quarters.At least it'll remind you of this day,wont it?" It would,I know it will and it would be good because he would just remeber it every time he would walk in his room and see the toy sitting there
Back to top Go down
Denzel
Third Class
Third Class
Denzel

PostSubject: Re: Trouble with Family   Trouble with Family Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2012 2:31 am

He had tried to politely refuse. Denzel glanced towards the small plush and knew that if he brought that things would just get worse. He was in the world of men, and having a stuffed toy was rather embarrassing for a man. But it would be a reminder of home, something he didn't have and some days seemed all too long. He looked at it, at the spikes of its feathers. It was shaped like Cloud's hair and the same color too.

The was one of the hardest parts of being so far away. He missed his family, all of them, but especially Cloud. He was his father, his brother, his teacher, his role model all rolled into one. He was the reason why he tried so hard no matter what anyone said. No matter how badly they treated him. He had never told Marlene, could never tell her. She didn't need to know what training involved, what the other guys did to him. He remembered all too well the bruises, black eyes, and split lips. But he fought to be respected, to be somebody. No one needed to know how hard it was, not even Cloud.

"You know, Cloud's hair really does look like a chocobo."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Trouble with Family   Trouble with Family Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2012 2:50 am

"It does,doesnt it?" i looked at it again.Yup it definately looked like Cloud with its yellow spiky-like hair. "Your right.Ok,so where to next?" I asked,holding the Chocobo toy in my hands as if I was holding someone's hand and I wasnt.Maybe a ride would be good? I wasnt sure if he would want to ride any rides.But it doesnt matter,we are spending good time togethet and all.Which was a good thing.
Back to top Go down
Denzel
Third Class
Third Class
Denzel

PostSubject: Re: Trouble with Family   Trouble with Family Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2012 3:17 am

"Wherever you want to go, we could try the rides," Denzel was fine as long as he got to spend time with his family. It was why he came back to Edge as often as he could.

The blue eyes lifted as he glanced around for a moment and took in several of the rides. They weren't all that large, but there were at least a few that were decent. He would be happy to take her on whatever one's she wanted. Even if he didn't feel the same excitement that he used to didn't mean that he couldn't enjoy his time with Marlene before reality settled back in.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Trouble with Family   Trouble with Family Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2012 3:29 am

I looked around at the rides and then went to the farriswheel "how about this? I know all you do is sit and watch but its awesome to be on".Its been a while since I had been on one of these,and Im excited to be on one again. "If thats alright with you.If you dont like it I can always change the ride to something else if the ferriswheel isnt good."
Back to top Go down
Denzel
Third Class
Third Class
Denzel

PostSubject: Re: Trouble with Family   Trouble with Family Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2012 6:27 am

Denzel smiled as he nodded in response. "Sure, let's go," he said as he headed towards the Ferris wheel. Turning he shot a smile at her. This was a time for her to have fun and spend time with his family before he had to go back to base. All he wanted was to enjoy himself for now.

He smiled slightly as he looked over towards Marlene.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Trouble with Family   Trouble with Family Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Trouble with Family
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
FFVII Revelations :: AU RP Forum :: General AU Archive-
Jump to:  
Switch Accounts

Username: