A Final Fantasy VII Role-Play Forum. Two Characters Per Person.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Final Fantasy Main Story RP ARC VI

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11 ... 18  Next
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy Main Story RP ARC VI   Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:29 am

The sentiments of her slight child echo within her mind as she assesses his development. Indeed, the very notion of Yazoo having the more readily available affections, of him being the more conversationally inclined of the triplets as well, is rather surprising. Notably so given his affinity for the introverted arts.

“He certainly…” she thinks to herself and none other “is developing some qualities, displaying some hint of persona, which is not intrinsic to his heritage from the elder son.”

She smiles a delicate closed eye smile before gently raising her palm to his chest. His heart beats through the material of his shirt and the subtle heat of his pulse warms her touch.

“You may now receive your second gift,” she says simply before her eyes flutter open and her palm alone rises from his being, leaving merely the slightest touch of three fingertips upon him.

“Breathe,” she states simply before delving her hand deep into his chest, her nails carving their way through fabric and flesh alike, yet drawing no blood in lieu of the stunningly surgical precision of the fluid motion. Her fingers squirm through muscle and between ribs as their elegant grasp closes around his heart.

With intense focus she channels a fragment of the collected energies of the planet, the very life force her fortress was designed to siphon from the abyssal well hidden away below. Inverted tendrils slowly flow from the wall and filter through his flesh, assimilating and acclimating to his essence as it makes its way toward his heart. The effect lasts for mere moments before she withdraws her grasp, holding within its embrace what appears to be one third of an unprocessed materia.

“Oh dear me,” she frets, “I have torn your shirt my dear child.”

She takes his hand within her own and gently lays the fragment in his palm, reaching across with her left to close his fingers over the shiny stone. Letting go of his thin hands she brushes her fingers about the torn fabric, forgoing mention of the wound that had already healed.
Back to top Go down
Sephiroth
Ancient / Cetra
Ancient / Cetra

Title : One-Winged Angel

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy Main Story RP ARC VI   Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:48 am

A hand was placed on Genesis' shoulder as he looked down upon him. He could not loose anyone to her, and he would stop at nothing to make sure it was so. Even if it meant cruelty towards Genesis. Such cruelty was kinder than allowing him to go to Jenova, fooled by her promises. It was such an action that now left him here, in this position. He could never return to her, not as long as he lived.

There was no other choice. He turned towards the kitchen and glanced towards Genesis. "You may join me for breakfast if you desire."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Denzel
Third Class
Third Class

Title : The Child Soldier

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy Main Story RP ARC VI   Fri Apr 27, 2012 1:09 am

Denzel focused on the rhythm and allowed his body to respond how it needed to. It became easier, sidestepping or dropping when he absolutely had to, his staff brought up to block what he could. Periodically a few would get past and he'd feel the sharp pain, a reminder that he had to do better. It wasn't too difficult until the turrets switched directions and suddenly there was no pause between the turrets anymore as he was attacked from both sides.

It had been too easy, but at least it still wasn't as bad as the last one. As long as they were only one at a time his mind didn't freeze into a panic. He took a deep breath and let his body do the work, especially since he couldn't form conscious thought fast enough.

Many of the bullets were blocked, some were dodged, while others hit him hard. He couldn't avoid all of them and the blows were as hard as ever. One grazed the side of his head, another slammed into his right shin and another hit his lower back. Pain suddenly shot through his body and Denzel shook slightly as he drew in a shallow breath and hoped for some sort of break in the pattern. His weapon was brought forward as he moved to try to block the next shot.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Genesis
ShinRa Captain
ShinRa Captain

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy Main Story RP ARC VI   Fri Apr 27, 2012 1:22 am

Genesis gave a soft smile to Sephiroth, breakfast definitely did sound good, and as long as he was standing here all he was going to do was continue to dwell on the book that had just gone up in flames. "Alright, sounds good to me."

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://myjunkis-you.tumblr.com
Sephiroth
Ancient / Cetra
Ancient / Cetra

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy Main Story RP ARC VI   Fri Apr 27, 2012 1:38 am

Sephiroth turned away and moved towards the kitchen. Once he entered Sephiroth's gaze flickered for a moment towards those present. It seemed that the number infected grew by the day. Without a word to either Rufus or Reno he moved towards the cabinet and filled a glass with water before taking a sip. He would have coffee once the pot was free.

There was still time before he was to meet with Tseng, though his mind was still constantly running.

There would be nothing good that would come from a private meeting concerning Zack.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zack
Calamity
Calamity

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy Main Story RP ARC VI   Fri Apr 27, 2012 7:52 am

Zack had his arms crossed as he watched Denzel it had only been a good forty-five minute period since they started and the improvement had been quick.
He was well above the old shinra entrance requirement into the infantry. Not quite at third class soldier yet.
'Did Rufus see something I missed?' Zack bit his bottom lip thinking on it.

The turrets kept going in their motions reversing their attacks for several more loops ,same pattern just backwards direction.
Zack then heard the familiar whirling noise as they died down.
Regardless so far Denzel had done well and he would test that in a moment.
"Okay I'm gunna switch these off and then we're going to go back to just me and you Denzel. I think it'll be much easier now than you realized."

"Hnnnn... Well whatever I guess... Whaaaaaaaaaatever!"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Denzel
Third Class
Third Class

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy Main Story RP ARC VI   Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:22 am

The sharp pain in his back had settled down and the pattern became easier as his mind focused on the pattern. Some he managed to block or dodge, while others hit his body. Denzel took a deep breath as he felt the familiar aches that seemed to have been there since the first day. There was a sigh of relief as soon as Zack told him that the turrets would be turned off.

Denzel pulled himself up to stand straight as the blue eyes locked on Zack.

"Okay," he gave a nod as the eagerness pulled away the exhaustion. He needed to be stronger, and that was all that mattered.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zack
Calamity
Calamity

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy Main Story RP ARC VI   Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:40 am

Zack reloaded the magazine and set the others up so he could access them easy.
Zack fired the first four shots with a pause followed by two shots then followed up with the last five of the magazine then reloaded.
He moved to the side firing two shots at Denzel's right side then fired five shots then the last four of the magazine and reloaded.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Denzel
Third Class
Third Class

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy Main Story RP ARC VI   Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:15 am

With just one target to worry about it was much easier. He could allow his mind to relax for a moment and his body continued to move. With only one spot the bullets could be coming from Denzel allowed himself to fall into the battle and let his mind focus on just the battle. The staff was brought up, some were blocked or dodged, however others made it through his guard.

He felt alive, it made him happier than he had been in a while. This was what he wanted, what he needed to do.

What would his parents think if they could see him now? Would they be proud of him? Or would he be just a fighter to them, someone who couldn't handle peace. Denzel tried to chase the thoughts from his mind as he missed a shot he should've been able to block.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zack
Calamity
Calamity

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy Main Story RP ARC VI   Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:32 am

"Almost there kiddo last clip."
Zack circled round Denzel running at full speed, using the full twelve round as he dashed round Denzel three or four times using the speed side of his SOLDIER training.
He noticed at points Denzel would loose focus but that was okay he was only young. he was younger than Zack had been when he joined SOLDIER but he showed a serious amount of promise.

It Unnerved him that Rufus would use the teenager. But Zack had to give it to the president, if Zack had a ruthless bone in his body he probably would have done the same.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Denzel
Third Class
Third Class

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy Main Story RP ARC VI   Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:54 am

Denzel's mind was instantly on the training as Zack began to move around him. He tried to focus on it and it grew harder. His staff was brought forward as he tried to block them, missing several of them. They hit his body, a reminder that his body was already a bit sore from the several days of fighting. His body wasn't used to it but he couldn't give up. This was what he wanted more than anything.

When the last was blocked he let his arms and shoulders drop and the tiredness dragged at him for a moment.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zack
Calamity
Calamity

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy Main Story RP ARC VI   Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:05 am

Zack walked up to Denzel and he pulled him into a hug. "You did well kiddo." He let him go and ruffled his hair up.
"Especially that now I'll tell you those turret routines the hard ones.... were all hacked. I didn't program them. Some one higher up did."
He gave Denzel a light pat on the back and led him over to the table.
Zack let him sit down before pushing the jug of water and glass across the table to him.
"So drink up rest up and I'll give your body some time to recover, use the materia to heal yourself if you need."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Denzel
Third Class
Third Class

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy Main Story RP ARC VI   Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:39 am

Denzel looked up as the strong arms wrapped around him once again. He didn't mind it. Zack's arms were strong and reminded him of Cloud's. For a moment his mind went to the other and wondered if he was going to be okay, even if he couldn't take care of him now.

With that news he blinked for a minute and looked up at Zack. "Why would they do that?" Unless they thought it was someone else training... but he wasn't a threat, just a kid. Though that just as quickly left his mind as he was pulled over and Denzel collapsed into the chair. He poured a glass of water and the teen drank it thirstily. Was Cloud worked this hard when he joined the army? Was that why he became so strong?

"Will I make it into SOLDIER?"

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Yazoo
ShinRa Cadet
ShinRa Cadet

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy Main Story RP ARC VI   Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:02 am

Yazoo smiled very lightly when Mother touched him, he nodded in acceptance of Her words, silver hair slipping over his face.. but then She told him to 'breathe' and that was all he knew for a moment.

The pain of Her actions cut through him like a knife as he looked down to see Her hand buried within his chest. Pain blurred his vision and he fought it back, he had to remain strong for Mother, had to prove he was worthy of Her gifts, or whatever she had planned for him. He gasped softly as Her fingers wrapped around his heart.

He blinked out of his pain when She took his hand and wrapped his fingers around the materia fragment. "The Lifestream gave me these clothes, Mother." He said with a frown, his unsaid words that he preferred the clothing She had originally given them instead. He looked up at Her again and tightened his grip around the materia, understanding Her will clearer than he ever had before. "I will not disappoint you."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zack
Calamity
Calamity

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy Main Story RP ARC VI   Fri Apr 27, 2012 6:19 pm

"I'm pretty sure they were testing your adaptability." Zack replied looking at Denzel as he drank the water.
"To make sure you make it into SOLDIER."
He hoped that was the reasoning of Rufus actions.
"I'm pretty sure this was Rufus' doing. So I think I'm going to not use the machines from now on unless we have to." Zack stated. "I also think because of Rufus' 'training' that I don't need to teach block and deflecting of bullets separately either. So I'll move us onto deflecting physical blows, from hand to hand to weapons. Most of these can carry over into physical attacks or counter attacks. But I'll just wait till you're healed up. Shouldn't take to long."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rufus
ShinRa Cadet
ShinRa Cadet

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy Main Story RP ARC VI   Fri Apr 27, 2012 6:45 pm

Rufus was looking at his mobile phone, he had opened it when the message command he had sent earlier returned the text of 'complete 70%' and he had sent a second lot of commands out to which he he was now looking at the 'complete 85%'.
So far the stats that were provided in return was above that of an average human. It definitely screamed Hojo tampering.
What normal teenager got those sort of percentages in SOLDIER training? None. Apart from Zack back in the day.

Rufus flipped the phone shut when Sephiroth walked in and he nodded his head to the former General before addressing Reno again.
"Do whatever you see fit regarding him. Let him know that Reeve will be calling a meeting in a couple of hours. It will be on this floor in the boardroom nearest to the service elevator. Let Tseng know after that meeting then he can return to his normal duties. Until then I want you both to sort out adequate living quarters on this floor. Also for once I'm allowing leniency in both your wardrobes given your new appendages. At least until I can find a tailor to provide proper uniforms with the added alterations for you both."

The jug choose that moment to pop and Rufus added the water to his mug making himself an instant cup of coffee.
He stepped away knowing Sephiroth would want to make a cup.
"Also check your bank account as of lunch time. I've given you part of that back pay I promised. Now you're dismissed till Reeve's meeting Reno. Use this time to catch up on some sleep you look like you need it."
Rufus moved to a table and sat down with his coffee setting down a bowl of water next to his chair for Dark Nation.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Denzel
Third Class
Third Class

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy Main Story RP ARC VI   Fri Apr 27, 2012 7:43 pm

He nodded his head and Denzel concentrated on a cure to bring his energy back to where it needed to be to continue. He took a deep breath and he drained a second glass of water before he looked up at Zack. To make sure he got into SOLDIER...

He wondered what Cloud would say when he found out, or what Tifa would say. But this was his best chance to get as strong as he needed to be. He couldn't let anyone else be hurt for him. He couldn't ever let that happen again, his heart wouldn't take any more.

As soon as Denzel heard the next lesson his eyes looked up, suddenly excited. This was fighting, it was what he wanted. It was what made him feel alive. "I think I'm okay now."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zack
Calamity
Calamity

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy Main Story RP ARC VI   Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:38 pm

Zack stood up and he moved to pick up the buster sword.
"Okay good." He set the gun down on the table he would put it away later.

Zack moved to the training area. "Right so I'm going to come at you I want you to block my attacks only for now I want to test your reactions and stances."
He smiled at Denzel. "So I want you to pick a stance to block in and we'll do one round of you blocking in what feels comfortable for you then I'll adjust where I see it needs it and we'll go again."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Denzel
Third Class
Third Class

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy Main Story RP ARC VI   Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:32 pm

Denzel was on his feet in an instant and he glanced towards the Buster Sword. This would be his first time fighting like this, but he knew that Zack wouldn't hurt him. He took a deep breath and then moved into position on the other side of the training room. The staff was brought forward in front of his body and he waited for the attack to come.

He kept his eyes locked forward as he took a breath and tried to focus on what was coming. All he had to do was try his hardest and never give up, not until he made it into SOLDIER.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zack
Calamity
Calamity

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy Main Story RP ARC VI   Sat Apr 28, 2012 5:53 am

Zack flipped the blade round in his hand to the blunt side.
He smiled at Denzel's eagerness. It was endearingly cute.
It irritated him that Cloud would give up on Denzel so easily.
But he had to remind himself Cloud's mind right now was just as jumbled as it had been when he recovered from his mako poisoning stint.

The first attack Zack made was the basic downward slash, then followed by a swing at Denzel's left side, then a swing at his right followed by the thrust forward aimed at Denzel's middle, each swing was controlled enough for him to stop in time if Denzel didn't manage to block, but there were for basic attacks.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Denzel
Third Class
Third Class

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy Main Story RP ARC VI   Sat Apr 28, 2012 8:52 am

The movements were different, but it was obvious what movements he had to take. Denzel quickly brought the staff up and he felt the impact of the large sword. The swings to the side were easy, his staff brought to one side and then the other. However the thrust was trickier to figure out how to block it, he jerked back to the side and his staff was held before him.

Denzel nearly stumbled and his attention was back on his stance.

It felt slow and somewhat clumsy as he tried to focus on the attacks. The blue eyes locked on Zack as he watched with barely contained excitement. Even if Cloud wasn't doing well now, he wanted him to get better. He wanted Cloud to be proud of him.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zack
Calamity
Calamity

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy Main Story RP ARC VI   Sat Apr 28, 2012 6:25 pm

Zack nodded. "Okay that's pretty good the last one could use some work, instead of dodging with your body, use the staff to deflect the blow to the side, either side. It helps keep your stance strong because as you noticed moving like that can throw you off balance and give the enemy a spot to attack in."
Zack took Denzel's hands and he opened up one palm and stepped back.

"So the open palm hand is the one you keep on top. You use it to push the staff to the side in a sweeping motion, think of it like hands on a clock and you just push to the side and it deflects the blade or attack to the side. So just practice that for a bit then we'll go again."
Zack stepped back to let Denzel practice the motion of it.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Denzel
Third Class
Third Class

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy Main Story RP ARC VI   Sun Apr 29, 2012 7:39 am

"Okay," Denzel nodded as he looked up at Zack. The blue eyes locked on him for a moment and then settled back into his stance. The movements were made as he focused on becoming accustomed to it. It was a different sort of attack but after a few tries his body began to adjust to the movement. He was learning quickly, his mind catching up with each new bit of information.

After several more practice swings he looked up at Zack. "I think I'm ready."

He couldn't slow down, not if he wanted to get into SOLDIER.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sephiroth
Ancient / Cetra
Ancient / Cetra

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy Main Story RP ARC VI   Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:28 am

Sephiroth returned the nod though said nothing despite the fact that he would not ignore was the once president was talking about. He was to meet Tseng, however doubt edged at the corners of his mind. His eyes shut for a moment as he turned towards the jug and began to heat the water. He could focus on what Tseng could have to say to him about Zack later, after he had his coffee.

Moving slightly Sephiroth leaned against the counter.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cissnei
Shinra Janitor
Shinra Janitor

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy Main Story RP ARC VI   Sun Apr 29, 2012 11:00 am

Cissnei stepped out of the elevator onto the infected floor, pulling her TURK issue leather gloves on tighter. "No one around.. hmm.." she sighed and headed for the meeting room, she knew she was early but if she was there first there was less chance of someone bumping into her and possibly infecting her.

She let out a sharp, high pitched whistle that she knew Dark Nation would pick up with his enhanced hearing ability, a TURK signal that let the hound know she was on the the same floor as him, just in case something was going to happen, so he knew who was around and who he could trust.

She opened the door to the meeting room and carefully picked out a seat to one side of the room, making sure none of her skin was touching any of the surfaces and her shuriken was on her lap, just in case. She'd learnt that the infection was spread through skin on skin contact, but she wasn't about to take any chances if it was passed on by other items touching skin as well.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy Main Story RP ARC VI   

Back to top Go down

Final Fantasy Main Story RP ARC VI
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 18Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11 ... 18  Next